Put down the chocolate and walk away slowly!
We know it’s hard and with Halloween around the corner, temptation is EVERYWHERE! If it isn’t us digging into the Halloween dish, it’s our cute kids sneaking treats and ending up on sugar overload!
Well….NOT this year!
We’ve come up with OVER 100 sugar-free OR non-candy ideas to pass out as healthy Halloween treats! Start a trend and see how many thankful parents you meet!
- 25 Halloween Craft Treats
- 25 Sugar-Free Candies
- 25 Small Toys
- 25 Non-Candy Options
- 7 BONUS Health and Body Options
If Halloween shopping isn’t top on your list, don’t worry! We’ve added some amazing links that make it quick and easy for you to pick up these items from the comfort of your own home and have them sent to you just in time for the arrival of trick-or-treaters!
Now….decisions, decisions?! What will you be passing out this year?
25 Halloween Craft Treats
2. Halloween Foam Stickers – Kids LOVE stickers! And a sticker that is 3-D and squishy is even better!
3. Mini Halloween Coloring Books – These books are PERFECT for parents to pack into any bag for use on the go at a restaurant or waiting room.
4. Witch Broom Pens – These broom pens are fun and original! The kids might have to watch out…moms might sneak them for themselves!
5. Bone Pens – If you’re a doctor or nurse, neighbors will get a kick out these bone pens as your Halloween treat!
6. Scented Monster Markers – They still make scented markers?! Oh, how excited I’d be if this landed in my trick-or-treat bag!
7. Witch and Broom Erasers – These cute toppers can turn any pencil into a broom stick with a witch!
8. Halloween Stamps – Each stamp has ink built in to the lid! Genius!
9. Mini Pack of Halloween Crayons – Mini crayons are the BEST diaper bag toys! They can used just about anywhere, like restaurants or waiting rooms, to keep the little ones busy!
10. Syringe Pens – If you have a neighborhood of tweens or older, these syringe pens are sure to be a hit!
11. Halloween Pencil Toppers – Pencil toppers know how to style up just about any writing utensil!
12. Syringe Highlighters – Again, if you have a neighborhood of older kids, these syringe highlighters are sure to be a hit!
13. Create Your Own Pumpkin Sticker Pack – This is an easy craft that kids can do all themselves! What a feeling of accomplishment!
14. Halloween Window Clings – Parents can save these for next year and let the kids get involved in decorating for Halloween!
15. Halloween Joke Bookmarks – Not only does this treat promote reading, but it also give the reader a little Halloween laugh!
16. Halloween Foam Masks – Even after Halloween, kids will still love wearing these foam masks around the house!
17. Halloween Stencils – Stencils are a great tool to teach kids t0 draw and its an easy tool for them to use all by themselves!
18. Pirate Eye Patches – This is a great DIY gift you can make and pass out to neighborhood kids! OR, if you’re not crafty, purchase them in bulk and inspire their inner pirate!
19. Halloween Ruler Bookmarks – Another great way to encourage reading while also encouraging arithmetic. Kids will LOVE using these rulers over the traditional wooden stick!
20. Halloween Foam Craft Kit – A FABULOUS craft kit that will keep the kids busy and their minds growing!
21. Googly Eyes – Googly eyes are the best addition to any craft! Pass out a handful of these and let the kids imaginations run wild!
22. Halloween Pencils – These are just too cute and a perfect trick-or-treat toy to take to school!
23. DIY Halloween Bookmarks – One last way to encourage reading. A DIY bookmark that lets the kids create their very own bookmark!
24. Halloween Stickers – Stickers are one of the best ways to teach small motor skills in little ones as they learn to peel and stick all by themselves.
25. Halloween Erasers – Friends will be jealous when kids show up to school with a pumpkin eraser from trick-or-treating!
25 Sugar-Free Halloween Treats
26. Sugar-free Chocolates – What trick-or-treater doesn’t love chocolate!? Any assortment of chocolate will be a win!
27. Sugar-free Pudding Snacks – Don’t lie! You might have to sneak one of these before passing them out! That’s okay, because they come in a 4-pack!
28. Sugar-free Hot Cocoa Packets – This is such an original idea and PERFECT for the cool weather that follows Halloween.
29. Sugar-free Pecan Delights – This option is great for the nut and caramel lovers who’ll stop by your house! And it’s a change from the traditional Halloween candy typically offered!
30. Sugar-free Peanut Butter Cups – Peanut butter cups are always a top choice and now with a sugar-free option, kids can have all the taste and none of the sugar!
31. Sugar-free Life Savers – For the non-chocolate lovers, life savers are always a great option!
32. Sugar-free Jolly Ranchers – Another great fruit candy option!
33. Sugar-free Jello Snacks – Yes, they DO make sugar-free Jell-0 snacks as well! You might have kids visiting your house twice for these!
34. Sugar-free Gummi Bears – A movie theater favorite is now available in sugar-free and perfect for trick-or-treaters!
35. Sugar-free Licorice – Chewy and sweet, a tasty Halloween treat!
36. Sugar-free Assorted Berry Candy – We’ve found a great assortment of berry flavored, sugar free candy that is sure to be a hit with any kid who stops by your house!
37. Sugar-free Butterscotch Lollipops – Butterscotch lollipops?! Since when?! Be the favorite trick-or-treat house with these goodies!
38. Sugar-free Rainbow Pops – What kid doesn’t love a sucker?! These sugar-free rainbow pops are great Halloween treat!
39. Sugar-free Lemon Candies – For those who enjoy a more bitter treat, these lemon candies are sure to tingle your buds!
40. Sugar-free Fruit Slices – These little buggers are deceivingly delicious. The chewy, fruity flavor is like no other candy!
41. Sugar-free Chewing Gum – Such a simple idea! Toss a stick of sugar-free chewing gum into each passer-by’s bag!
42. Sugar-free Gumballs – Gumballs are the ultimate teeth torturer but now in sugar-free, everyone can enjoy!
43. Sugar-free Dubble Bubble – For some, gum is the ultimate treat! And here is just one last sugar-free option for chewers everywhere!
44. Sugar-free Salt Water Taffy – These delicacies now come in sugar-free! Their bright colors are sure to grab the attention of the trick-or-treaters heading your way!
45. Reduced Sugar Granola Bars – Not a 100% sugar-free but still a great, individually wrapped treat to pass out on Halloween!
46. Sugar-free Butterscotch Candies – These butterscotch candies melt in your mouth! Watch out kids, your parents might snatch these up before you even know you had any!
47. Sugar-free Root Beer Candies – A root beer candy is a great way to add variety to the fruity and chocolate goodies swimming in the bottom of each trick-or-treaters bag.
48. Sugar-free Peppermints – We’ve never met a person who didn’t like a traditional peppermint! You can’t go wrong passing these out.
49. Sugar-free Chick-o-sticks – Never heard of these!? No worries, you might be the one to introduce your neighborhood kids to their new favorite Halloween treat!
50. Sugar-free Cinnamon Mints – These might be hanging out in your purse and a great last minute idea for a Halloween treat.
25 Small Toy Halloween Treats
52. Nail Files – Watch out kids! This is another goodie that your mom might sneak away!
53. Halloween Assortment Pack – Not sure what to get!? This assortment pack offers a variety of Halloween toys!
54. Halloween Punching Balloons – Balloons are probably the second most popular way to soothe a screaming toddler! Another easy way to make a parent happy!
55. Flashing Jelly Rings – All the Disney Princesses that show up at your door will go “ga-ga” for these flashy rings!
56. Glow-in-the-Dark Bouncy Eye Balls – Kids LOVE anything that glows-in-the-dark and these bouncy eyeballs do just that!
57. Finger Flashlights – Perfect for tiny hands, finger flashlights are a unique idea for tossing into their goodie bag.
58. Glow Stick Bracelets –Again, if it glows, they will come! Any type of glow-stick will be a sure HIT!
59. Gl0w-in-the-Dark Fangs – Perfect for scaring their siblings, these fangs are a fun option.
60. Halloween Playdough – By simply decorating the outside of the bag, you can turn ordinary play dough into festive Halloween-dough.
61. Spider Rings – A Halloween classic!
62. Temporary Tattoos – Kids will get a kick out of playing with temporary tattoos and parents will be happy to know it washes off!
63. Quarters – Receiving a quarter was a FAVORITE treat of mine growing up! But be warned, your house might be the hit of the neighborhood. Watch out for repeat stoppers!
64. Glow-in-the-Dark Slime – Great for sensory play, slime is a original idea that fits perfectly with Halloween.
65. Hot Wheel Cars – All the little boys will be running for you house! Mini cars are a boys best friend!
66. Sticky Hands – These silly hands are one of my kiddos FAVORITE things to get from a quarter machine and probably just as fun of a toy to get while out trick-or-treating!
67. Assorted Plastic Rings – Who says dressing up has to stop after Halloween! Pass out plastic rings and let kiddos express themselves well past October 31st.
68. Shutter Shade Glasses – Here is another great toy that allows kids to play dress up past October 31st.
69. Assorted Plastic Bugs – I’ve never understood it, but kids LOVE bugs. Especially little boys! Here is another simple toy that kids will play with or use to scare their siblings.
70. Spinning Top – An oldie but goodie! This toy never goes out of style!
71. Paper Airplanes – Pre-made airplanes?! DONE!
73. Jumping Frogs – Kids will get a kick out of these jumping frogs! Purchase them in bulk for a easy, non-food treat!
74. Zombie Glasses – One last idea for dress up fun!
75. Skeleton Ducks – These ducks fit the Halloween theme and are GREAT for bath time!
25 Non-Candy Treats
77. Organic Crackers Variety Pack – If you already buy these for your little one, think about picking up some extra boxes to pass out for Halloween!
78. Cheese Puffs in Pumpkin Bag – Turn an ordinary bag of cheese puffs into a festive pumpkin treat!
79. Pirate Booty Snacks – If you haven’t tasted Pirate Booty, you’re missing out! It’s airy and cheesy flavor is a delicious and healthy treat!
80. Packaged Apple Slices – This is one of the HEALTHIEST options on the list and they are easy to find in individually wrapped packages.
81. Veggie Straws – Veggie straws are a tasty way to trick kids into eating some extra vegetables!
82. Dried Fruit – A bag of dried fruit can be made by hand or found at big box stores!
83. Box of Raisins – Easy, tasty and healthy all wrapped in a box!
84. Organic Fruit Snacks – Kids will easily mistake these chewy snacks for a fruity candy!
85. Pumpkin wrapped Popcorn Packs – If you have extra bag of microwavable popcorn laying around, all you need is orange paper to wrap around it and create an adorable pumpkin popcorn package to pass out!
86. Bags of Pretzels – Bags of pretzels are easy to find in bulk and another great alternative to sugary candy!
87. Trail Mix Packages – Parents might sneak these heart healthy goodies right out of their kiddos bag!
88. Mini Water Bottles – Water bottles are such a good idea they may not even make it home! Water is a perfect way to recharge trick-or-treaters as they run around town! Click the link to use our free printables to decorate them!
89. Granola Bars – Save any left overs to pack in your kids lunch!
90. Instant Oatmeal Packets – What an original idea! Instant oatmeal packets are a healthy alternative and a perfect way to warm up on a cool fall morning!
91. Fruit Bars – Leftover of these are another great thing to pack in your kids lunch!
92. Goldfish Crackers – Goldfish are a staple in every home! What kid wouldn’t LOVE getting a mini pack of these crackers?!
93. Bag of Chips – Arguably not the healthiest snack, but some would say a much better option than sugary candy!
94. Fruit Leathers – Similar to a fruit roll ups, these fruit leathers also taste like fruity candy!
95. Pumpkin Face Fruit Cups – Fruit cups might be one of the healthiest options on this list and by simply drawing on a cute pumpkin face, you’ve given it Halloween spirit!
96. Animal Crackers – A classic that isn’t going anywhere! Kids will love playing with these while eating them too!
97. Mini Cereal Boxes – Mini cereal boxes are easy to buy in bulk and you can give trick-or-treats the option to pick their own favorite cereal!
98. Applesauce Pouches – My kids can’t get enough of these! In fact, if I were to buy them to pass out, my kids might eat them all before Halloween day!
99. Graham Crackers – Graham crackers are another childhood favorite that most kids will love receiving!
100. Moon Pies – Although it’s not candy, it’s sweet enough to satisfy any chocolate tooth.
7 BONUS Healthy and Body Options
102. Mini Tissues – Moms will LOVE these! Kids noses run from ages 0-18!
103. Toothbrush – Don’t lie! You know your local dentist will be passing out these as their Halloween treats!
104. Face Glitter – A fun and sparkly way to play “make-up” at home with out using real make-up.
105. Nail Polish – All the little girls will LOVE getting a mini bottle of nail polish!
106. Toothbrush Timer – Kids love a little friendly competition. Pass out sand timers so they can race against time as they brush their teeth!
107. Hand Sanitizer – A mom’s best friend! This item will surely be a hit with all the parents!
We’ve got you covered with TONS of ideas for Halloween treats and NOW it’s time to help you out with your costume! Check out these AMAZING round ups for ideas for couples OR families: