85+ IDEAS FOR ST. PATRICK’S DAY MISCHIEF AND FUN
I LOVE finding ways to add magic to holidays. This year, make St. Patrick’s Day extra exciting and create a fun new tradition- make leprechaun traps with your kids!! We’ve gathered some adorable and hilarious ideas for leprechaun fun. Just a warning, leprechauns are VERY difficult to catch. These sneaky little tricksters come at night, and always leave behind some tricks and mischief!
Not only have we found the best ideas for Leprechaun Traps, we’ve also put together ideas for Leprechaun mischief, treats and stories for St. Patrick’s Day! Check out the ideas we’ve packed into each of these categories:
- 26 Leprechaun Trap Ideas
- 10 Leprechaun Baits Ideas
- 21 Leprechaun Notes, Gifts, and Goodies
- 18 Leprechaun Mischief Ideas
- 10 Leprechaun Stories
We’ll give you the links to each idea, so you can check out the blogger’s pictures and designs in detail. These are so fun! I can’t wait to have a leprechaun visit MY house!
So first, grab your kids, some crafty supplies, lot’s of imagination, and let’s get started! Here’s some inspiration for creative, clever and out-of-the-box
3. Lego Sign Trap– Make a taunting sign out of Legos that the Leprechauns can’t resist!
4. Green Duplo Trap– Perfect for the younger kids!
5. Painted Popsicle Stick Trap– Use plain popsicle sticks and paint!
9. Cereal Box Trap– Cut open a cereal box and prop up with a stick!
10. Tissue Box Trap– Just the right size for a little leprechaun.
15. Laundry Basket Trap– Everyone has one of these lying around at home.
16. Tin Can Trap– This awesome trap uses some physics and pulleys, great for the little scientist.
17. Strawberry Basket Trap– Already green and perfectly sized.
18. 7-up Bottle Trap– Leprechaun Trap Kit in a bottle!
20. Bug Net Trap– Works for catching bugs, why not Leprechauns?
21. Sticky Duct Tape– One step on this trap and the Leprechauns will be stuck for good!
26. Rainbow Twizzler’s Trap– Use fun, bright licorice strings to create a ramp into this trap.
Now that you’ve made your trap, you’ll need something irresistible to entice the leprechauns to fall into your snare! Remember, leprechauns are attracted to anything green, shiny or rainbow. And they can’t resist gold! Here are some fun ideas for
1. Leprechaun Hotel– Offer a leprechaun luxurious lodging!
2. End of the Rainbow Motel– A motel at the end of the rainbow? Leprechauns won’t be able to resist the prospect of gold and a good night’s sleep! This link also has free printables!!
3. FREE Gold– Use Rolos or other gold foiled chocolates to peak the leprechauns interest.
5. No Leprechauns Allowed– Leprechauns can’t resist doing what they are told not to! This sign is a free printable as well!
8. Rainbow Restaurant– Complete with an “All You Can Eat Lucky Charms” special!
9. Mini St. Patrick’s Day Donuts– So adorable! Made from Cheerios and icing. You can make your own with the printable tiny donut box!
10. Lucky Charms– Of course, a leprechaun’s favorite cereal is Lucky Charms! This link includes the darling free printable bag topper.
1. Leprechaun Poem– A fun little rhyme explains how he got away! Free printable here!
2. Leprechaun Letter– Another clever note the kids will be excited to read.
3. You Can’t Catch Me!– A teasing printable card that’s left behind.
5. Leprechaun Laughs– Fun St. Patrick’s Day jokes for the kids.
7. St. Patty’s Scavenger Hunt– Leprechauns leave the first clue for a scavenger hunt!
8. Gold Coin Hunt– 10 gold coins are hidden, and the kids have 10 minutes to find them all!
11. Magic Leprechaun Rocks– Amazing rocks that have gold hidden inside them. Just dissolve in vinegar to reveal!
13. Lucky Penny– Everyone knows pennies are lucky, but this one will be extra special!
14. Tiny Leprechaun Pants– While escaping, this little leprechaun lost his green pants!
16. Rainbow Treat– Rainbow licorice and gold candy, packaged with a colorful printable tag.
17. Rainbow Seeds– Skittles are perfect Rainbow Seeds. So cute, right??
18. Edible Gold– Attach the printable to a bag of corn pops and make a yummy golden snack!
21. Leprechaun Bark– I want a leprechaun to leave me some of this delicious green mint chocolate!
When leprechauns visit, they love to pull pranks and tricks. Those pesky little buggers! From green bath water to green hair, here are some hilarious ideas for
2. Green Faucet Trick– Watch your kids go nuts when they turn on the sink and it comes out green. Whoa!
4. Windshield Rainbow– Start your wipers St. Patrick’s Day morning, and a rainbow magically appears!
6. Green Toilet– A funny surprise when the kids wake up to use the bathroom.
8. Green Balloon Bath– Find footprints and green balloons in the tub!
12. Giant Rainbow– The leprechauns might make a big rainbow of streamers and balloons in your house!
16. Green Milk– Classic leprechaun trick- dying the milk green!
17. Magic Color Change Cool Whip– Cool whip is a yummy topping for St. Patrick’s Day pancakes or waffles. But once you mix it up, it magically turns green!
18. Green Oreos– The leprechauns might try to trick you, by putting mint Oreos in a regular Oreo package!
Telling your kids about leprechauns and their tricks is great, but wouldn’t it be even better to READ to them about it?! Get them excited and introduce them to the magic of the St. Patrick’s Day’s tricksters with stories. Below we’ve found 10 great
1. Leprechaun On The Loose– A leprechaun is loose at school!
2. The Leprechaun Trap– Read what happens when this family creates a trap to try and catch a leprechaun and get his gold!
3. The Story of the Leprechaun– This story tells about a greedy man who tries to steal some leprechaun gold, and how he gets out-smarted!
4. The Leprechaun in the Basement– Find out what happens when a little boy finds a leprechaun in his basement!
5. Traveling Tom & the Leprechaun– Tom is in love, and in order to win the girl’s heart, she’s asked for a pot of leprechaun gold. Will he be able to get trick the leprechaun and steal the gold?
7. The Leprechaun’s Gold– An Irish legend about two competing musicians and a tricky leprechaun.
8. The Leprechaun Under the Bed– A leprechaun tries to build his home under the bed!
9. The Night Before St. Patrick’s Day– A fun twist on the Night Before Christmas Poem, about setting leprechaun traps and getting ready for St. Patty’s Day!
10- The Leprechaun Who Lost His Rainbow– A little girl helps her leprechaun friend find his rainbow and save the St. Patrick’s Day Parade!
Ok, aren’t you just SO excited about all of these adorable ideas? I am!!! The hard part is going to be picking which ones to use! Hopefully you are inspired to make this St. Patrick’s Day a hilarious and memorable day with lots of leprechaun fun!!