July 24, 2010

Hot Topics At Dinner!

I" data-image="http://www.thedatingdivas.com/wp-content/uploads/HotTopics-150x150.jpg" data-button=""> Share
HotTopics

I cherish the time I spend eating dinner with my family each night. It is a great opportunity to sit, eat, and talk with my kids and husband. One night a week, I have started to pull out a box of “Hot Topics.” We pass the box around and each person takes out several questions. As we eat dinner, we ask each other these unusual, fun, or interesting questions. We have done this for the last month and our dinners have been SO MUCH FUN. I have learned new things about my daughter and my husband! This is now a fun family tradition that we do every Tuesday night! Each month, I will continue to add 20 questions or more to our box. I have included a list to get your family started! These 15 questions will be the perfect start to the “Hot Topics” discussion at your dinner table.
Your “Hot Topic” box can be made out of anything you have in your house. I always have extra diaper wipe containers, so that made the perfect box for my family.
To make your “Hot Topic” box…
1. Find a box (I used an old diaper wipe container).
2. Decorate the box with scrapbook paper.
3. Download the “Hot Topic” list and cut out each question and place in the
box.
4. Bring your box to dinner and start passing out the questions.
Download your “Hot Topic” list…
…click HERE!
What family traditions does your family enjoy during dinner?

17 Responses to “Hot Topics At Dinner!”

1. anna nicole says:

I love this! Our family goal is simple…we just try to each dinner together each night. As schedules get busy, this isn't always easy! :)

2. Karen says:

Great Idea…I am going to try this one for sure!

3. Kristen says:

This is perfect! Dinner time as a family really is SO important!

4. J says:

This is so much better than having to buy one of the sets they are selling. Thank you for the idea. Our supper activity is writing our favorite memories of the day on a large index card. I purchased a cute index card box that holds all our memories and I look forward to reading them year after year! Not sure where I heard the idea, but we have loved stopping and remembering our day before it is over.

5. CorieAnn Scarbrough says:

J thanks for sharing your awesome idea! I am going to try that! I love to go back and read memories!

6. Lisa says:

Corie, Great idea!!! You know what they say…..about dinner time….Kids get better grades when they eat together as a family!

7. Jesslyn says:

Great idea!!

8. Kari says:

This is Fantastic! I can't wait to use these. This is a great way to spice up a regular "dinner & a movie" date (our specialty, haha!)

9. Kerry says:

We are using a Mason Jar for our 'box' :) I always have those around

10. Melanie says:

I would like to use the Hot Topic’s but it say’s the file is no longer available.
    Thanks

11. Christy says:

Hi! I would love to download the list and start doing this with my hubby and three daughters. The link, however, shows as invalid. Could you email me the file?

1. [...] year ago, I did a post called Hot Topics at Dinner. This was a fun family idea for dinner time. Each family member picked a “Hot Topic” [...]