June 29, 2012

Long Distance Birthday Idea

I love how The Dating Divas help us {no matter what our situation} keep close to those we love. I am excited to contribute, as a guest blogger from sclifeasawife.blogspot.com

It’s hard to be away from the one you love and it is especially hard when they are gone on a big event like a birthday or anniversary. My husband’s brother went to Ghana, Africa in August and was away for his 20th birthday. Knowing how hard it is to be away from loved ones on your birthday, we decided to throw him a BIRTHDAY PARTY!

We BAKED A CAKE & decorated it with his age all over the cake.

We all got together, sang “Happy Birthday” to him, blew out his candles, and ate the cake!

Then we had a BIRTHDAY CARD STATION so everyone could make a card for him!

We took pictures of the whole thing, printed the pictures, and sent them to him along with our cards, treats, and a gift! It was hisBirthday Party in an Envelope!

Some other cool ideas might be:

**Taking video footage and sending a DVD

**Video chatting them at the party

**Having everyone bring a small gift to mail in the package

This would also be a great idea for an anniversary…

**Take a teddy bear and name it after your loved one

**Take your teddy bear on a date… cook dinner for two, go out to eat, the movies, bowling, play a game, etc.

**Document the whole date with pictures or video

**Send parts of the date to your date…such as ticket stubs, or the left over candy, or a copy a movie, or the other half of the sudoku puzzle you started on your date. ;) Use your creativity!

**YOUR ANNIVERSARY DATE IN A PACKAGE!!!

The goal is to catch the special moment and send it to them so they feel like they were part of that moment with you! Good Luck!

Let us know what you come up with…

Stephanie from sclifeasawife.blogspot.com

8 Responses to “Long Distance Birthday Idea”

1. Erika Erika says:

I LOVE this idea! So clever. My husband is away on rotations right now and I think this is such a great idea.

SUCH a great idea!! Love it, Stephanie!! xoxo

3. Laura says:

How in the world did you get the candle flames to move in the last photo? It looks like a photo straight out of Harry Potter!

4. Stacy says:

Awww. My husbands family threw us a baby shower like this. We had moved very far away and couldn’t get home due to my health. They even mailed us cake, which was very welcome at 8.5 months along!

5. Erin says:

Love all of these ideas – they’re very welcome, especially since I’m currently adjusting to a long distance relationship. I think I’ll try our next date night in this style!

6. Stephanie Stephanie says:

I love the ideas you could adapt this for… A baby shower, a date night! Great ideas! Keep them coming!

7. Heather says:

Oh so very cute. My husband and I used to work at a teen camp and always missed family birthday’s back home. We investing the whole $3 in a metalic HAPPY BIRTYHDAY banner, blew up a few balloons and set the timer on the camera and took the best pic out of the bunch and sent them home to our family! Your idea is a great upgrade! Thanks for the suggestions!