85+ IDEAS FOR ST. PATRICK’S DAY MISCHIEF AND FUN
I LOVE finding ways to add magic to holidays. This year, make St. Patrick’s Day extra exciting and create a fun new tradition- make leprechaun traps with your kids!! We’ve gathered some adorable and hilarious ideas for leprechaun fun. Just a warning, leprechauns are VERY difficult to catch. These sneaky little tricksters come at night, and always leave behind some tricks and mischief!
Not only have we found the best ideas for Leprechaun Traps, we’ve also put together ideas for Leprechaun mischief, treats and stories for St. Patrick’s Day! Check out the ideas we’ve packed into each of these categories:
- 26 Leprechaun Trap Ideas
- 10 Leprechaun Baits Ideas
- 21 Leprechaun Notes, Gifts, and Goodies
- 18 Leprechaun Mischief Ideas
- 10 Leprechaun Stories
We’ll give you the links to each idea, so you can check out the blogger’s pictures and designs in detail. These are so fun! I can’t wait to have a leprechaun visit MY house!
So first, grab your kids, some crafty supplies, lot’s of imagination, and let’s get started! Here’s some inspiration for creative, clever and out-of-the-box
2. Rainbow Lego Stairs Trap– Colorful Legos make perfect stairs up to your trap.
3. Lego Sign Trap– Make a taunting sign out of Legos that the Leprechauns can’t resist!
4. Green Duplo Trap– Perfect for the younger kids!
5. Painted Popsicle Stick Trap– Use plain popsicle sticks and paint!
6. Rainbow Popsicle Stick Trap– Pre-colored popsicle sticks can be used to make a darling rainbow trap.
8. Secret Trap Door– Dangle some bait with pipe cleaners over a hidden trap opening.
9. Cereal Box Trap– Cut open a cereal box and prop up with a stick!
10. Tissue Box Trap– Just the right size for a little leprechaun.
11. Plastic Pot Trap– Grab a green cauldron or other plastic container at the dollar store for this trap.
12. Oatmeal Container Trap– Cover your old oatmeal containers with shiny gold paper and green gems!
14. Rubbermaid Tub Trap– Lure them in with gold tinsel, and trap them with a big tub!
15. Laundry Basket Trap– Everyone has one of these lying around at home.
16. Tin Can Trap– This awesome trap uses some physics and pulleys, great for the little scientist.
17. Strawberry Basket Trap– Already green and perfectly sized.
18. 7-up Bottle Trap– Leprechaun Trap Kit in a bottle!
20. Bug Net Trap– Works for catching bugs, why not Leprechauns?
21. Sticky Duct Tape– One step on this trap and the Leprechauns will be stuck for good!
22. St. Patrick’s Day Hat Trap– Use a festive, green hat for this trap.
23. Shoe and Slinky Trap– I love the creative use of an old shoe and toys!
24. Rainbow Cake Layers– Colorful layers of cake in a cute jar with a pretzel ladder.
26. Rainbow Twizzler’s Trap– Use fun, bright licorice strings to create a ramp into this trap.
Now that you’ve made your trap, you’ll need something irresistible to entice the leprechauns to fall into your snare! Remember, leprechauns are attracted to anything green, shiny or rainbow. And they can’t resist gold! Here are some fun ideas for
1. Leprechaun Hotel– Offer a leprechaun luxurious lodging!
3. FREE Gold– Use Rolos or other gold foiled chocolates to peak the leprechauns interest.
4. Golden Rocks– Make your own gold using rocks and paint!
5. No Leprechauns Allowed– Leprechauns can’t resist doing what they are told not to! This sign is a free printable as well!
7. The End of the Rainbow– Leprechauns love to follow rainbows in hopes there is gold at the end!
8. Rainbow Restaurant– Complete with an “All You Can Eat Lucky Charms” special!
9. Mini St. Patrick’s Day Donuts– So adorable! Made from Cheerios and icing. You can make your own with the printable tiny donut box!
10. Lucky Charms– Of course, a leprechaun’s favorite cereal is Lucky Charms! This link includes the darling free printable bag topper.
1. Leprechaun Poem– A fun little rhyme explains how he got away! Free printable here!
2. Leprechaun Letter– Another clever note the kids will be excited to read.
3. You Can’t Catch Me!– A teasing printable card that’s left behind.
4. Glitter Message– Leave a message in green glitter!
5. Leprechaun Laughs– Fun St. Patrick’s Day jokes for the kids.
6. Shamrock Clue Hunt– The Leprechauns will start the kids on a fun hunt for shamrock clues!
7. St. Patty’s Scavenger Hunt– Leprechauns leave the first clue for a scavenger hunt!
8. Gold Coin Hunt– 10 gold coins are hidden, and the kids have 10 minutes to find them all!
10. Green Goodie Baskets– The leprechauns in this house left all sorts of green surprises in fun green buckets!
11. Magic Leprechaun Rocks– Amazing rocks that have gold hidden inside them. Just dissolve in vinegar to reveal!
12. Leprechaun Putty– Green, sparkly, fun to play with goo the kids will LOVE!
13. Lucky Penny– Everyone knows pennies are lucky, but this one will be extra special!
14. Tiny Leprechaun Pants– While escaping, this little leprechaun lost his green pants!
16. Rainbow Treat– Rainbow licorice and gold candy, packaged with a colorful printable tag.
17. Rainbow Seeds– Skittles are perfect Rainbow Seeds. So cute, right??
18. Edible Gold– Attach the printable to a bag of corn pops and make a yummy golden snack!
20. St. Patty’s Krispie Treats– Shamrock-shaped Lucky Charm Krispies. YUM!
21. Leprechaun Bark– I want a leprechaun to leave me some of this delicious green mint chocolate!
When leprechauns visit, they love to pull pranks and tricks. Those pesky little buggers! From green bath water to green hair, here are some hilarious ideas for
2. Green Faucet Trick– Watch your kids go nuts when they turn on the sink and it comes out green. Whoa!
3. Mirror Writing– They’ll draw you a mirror mustache and beard!
4. Windshield Rainbow– Start your wipers St. Patrick’s Day morning, and a rainbow magically appears!
5. Green Lighting– The leprechauns turned the light bulbs green!
6. Green Toilet– A funny surprise when the kids wake up to use the bathroom.
8. Green Balloon Bath– Find footprints and green balloons in the tub!
9. Lego Rainbow– The leprechauns got into the Legos at this house, and left a Lego rainbow with a pot of gold!
10. Green Silly String– After escaping traps, leprechauns like to spray them with silly string!
11. Green Door Barricade– Your kids will have to break through green streamers to get out of their rooms on St. Patrick’s Day!
12. Giant Rainbow– The leprechauns might make a big rainbow of streamers and balloons in your house!
14. Green Hair– Wow! This boy woke up with green hair on St. Patrick’s. Those sneaky little Leprechauns!
15. Green Shoelace Replace– Your shoe might end up with new laces!
16. Green Milk– Classic leprechaun trick- dying the milk green!
17. Magic Color Change Cool Whip– Cool whip is a yummy topping for St. Patrick’s Day pancakes or waffles. But once you mix it up, it magically turns green!
18. Green Oreos– The leprechauns might try to trick you, by putting mint Oreos in a regular Oreo package!
Telling your kids about leprechauns and their tricks is great, but wouldn’t it be even better to READ to them about it?! Get them excited and introduce them to the magic of the St. Patrick’s Day’s tricksters with stories. Below we’ve found 10 great
1. Leprechaun On The Loose– A leprechaun is loose at school!
2. The Leprechaun Trap– Read what happens when this family creates a trap to try and catch a leprechaun and get his gold!
3. The Story of the Leprechaun– This story tells about a greedy man who tries to steal some leprechaun gold, and how he gets out-smarted!
4. The Leprechaun in the Basement– Find out what happens when a little boy finds a leprechaun in his basement!
5. Traveling Tom & the Leprechaun– Tom is in love, and in order to win the girl’s heart, she’s asked for a pot of leprechaun gold. Will he be able to get trick the leprechaun and steal the gold?
7. The Leprechaun’s Gold– An Irish legend about two competing musicians and a tricky leprechaun.
8. The Leprechaun Under the Bed– A leprechaun tries to build his home under the bed!
9. The Night Before St. Patrick’s Day– A fun twist on the Night Before Christmas Poem, about setting leprechaun traps and getting ready for St. Patty’s Day!
10- The Leprechaun Who Lost His Rainbow– A little girl helps her leprechaun friend find his rainbow and save the St. Patrick’s Day Parade!
Ok, aren’t you just SO excited about all of these adorable ideas? I am!!! The hard part is going to be picking which ones to use! Hopefully you are inspired to make this St. Patrick’s Day a hilarious and memorable day with lots of leprechaun fun!!