April 12, 2012

14 Days of Love {Six Sisters Stuff}

I like to cook, but finding a variety of recipes that are deliciously easy are hard for me to find. Well, not anymore! I stumbled across a website that has helped me make great meals in a matter of minutes!
Without further delay, we welcome Six Sister Stuff!

*      *      *      *      *      *      *      *      *

We are the Six Sisters at Six Sisters Stuff . . . that’s right, six girls and no boys! Growing up, we had our share of petty fights over clothes, make-up, and even boys . . .  but thankfully we have grown up and are now best friends. We LOVE to be together but life, jobs, school, marriage, and babies have taken us pretty far apart from each other so we use our blog to share ideas and stay in touch. Our blog is full of family recipes, fun crafts, DIY projects, and ideas for raising kids. Feel free to stop by our blog and join the sisterhood! There is always room for one more!

Hi! This is Elyse, one of the Six Sisters, and today I’m going to be sharing with you my idea for “14 Days of Love.”  Even though Valentine’s Day is old news, you can keep your romance alive by surprising your significant other with a few little gifts!

You are the “apple” of my eye!

You could also use apple juice, candy apple rings or actual apples.

“Honey, comb” you’re hair, because we’ve got a date tonight!
If you’re not into cereal you could just use a regular comb.

You are one “hot tamale!”

You could also use Red Hots or any other cinnamon candy.

I’m “nuts” about you!

You could use any type of nuts, a Nutrageous candy bar, or Nutter Butter cookies.

I wouldn’t “chews” anyone but you!

You could also use Starburst fruit chews, Charleston Chews, or Chewy granola bars.

I think you are “soda” amazing!
You could also use Soda Candies or Soda Crackers.

We were “mint” to be together!

You could also use York Peppermint Patties, Butter Mints, or a mint flavored dessert.

We make a great “combo!”

These were my husband’s favorite growing up so I just had to use them!  They are found right by the checkout.

You could also use a combination flavored pizza or PB and J combo jars.

Thanks for “stick”ing by my side!

We lose chapstick as soon as we get it around here so this works well for us.

You could also use Chic-O-Sticks, Orange or Raspberry Sticks or super glue (or anything else sticky for that matter).

I’m “bananas” for you!

You could also use real bananas or banana flavored candy.

You have o”fish”ally stolen my heart!

You could also use gold fish crackers.

I would be so “mix”ed up without you!

You could use any flavor of Chex Mix, trail mix or other snack mix.

Life would be un”bear”able without you!

You could also use a honey bear or Klondike Bars with the bear on the front (just be sure to keep them in the freezer). :)

You make my heart “bubble” over!

You could use any type of carbonated beverage, Bubble Tape, or Bubble Yum.

Thanks for having us!

Print your darling 14 day tags here!

*       *       *       *       *       *        *       *        *

Wow!  Don’t you just LOVE this?  I can’t wait to do this for my husband. He is in store for some major goodness!

56 Responses to “14 Days of Love {Six Sisters Stuff}”

1. Maren Gladden says:

My husbands birthday is in about 2 weeks, this is awesome and just in time! Thanks!!

Cute notes, ladies! Thanks for Guest Posting for us! :) xoxo

3. Kari Kari says:

Love this idea, and so grateful that you used some healthy treats!! Thank you ladies!

4. Anna says:

Love this idea! My hubby will so very much enjoy getting these…can’t wait to give it a whirl. :)

5. Erika Erika says:

This is perfect!

6. Lindsay says:

Any ideas on another? My boyfriend is allergic to peanuts!!

7. emily says:

i can’t get the printables to pull up… any ideas???

8. tina says:

thanks so much for sharing these great ideas!!! I love them!!! Someone is VERY creative. I’ve been married for 33 years, always happy to find some new way to say, “I love you”

9. Brandy says:

Any thoughts for a bald guy with day number 2?? =-)

10. Great ideas! I am however racking my brain to come up with something to replace bananas. My hubby absolutely abhors bananas or anything banana flavored. Help!!!!!☺

11. Lacy says:

I was thinking instead of the “comb” (since I also have a balding hubby) I’m going to focus more on Honey. Like You are my “honey” bear or I love you “honey”. I can give him a bear of honey or some type of honey candy or even honey sticks.

Instead of a banana (for the lady who’s hubby dislikes them) you could use another fruit he does like.. I think you are just “peachy”.

12. karla says:

Reisen chocolates – so many reasons why I love you. :)

13. Marta says:

Loove these!!!
    I can’t seem to find the printables though?!

14. Amy says:

I’ve thought about doing things other than food… A pair of socks, you knock my socks off. My husband is a police officer so, police say you’ll be my valentine and get him something police related. But back to the food aspect, chocolate covered strawberries, love you berry much or a s’mores setup, I love you s’more than anything.

15. Carrie says:

After 18 years together and 13 years of marriage, I’m desperate for new ideas! This is perfect!
    Does one start this on Feb. 1st? leading up to Valentine’s Day?
    And since the tags are numbered by day, you could give them in any order, right? This year, our V day date isn’t until 2 days after V day…. so the honeycomb won’t work on day 2.
    I love your ideas on this site!

16. Logan says:

This is such an adorable idea – I’m doing it for Valentines Day! What are the fonts on the cards?

17. Marta says:

Thank you Becca!!
    Apparently I’m blind and didn’t see it somehow! :)

18. Katrina says:

Hi! I am so excited to do this for my husband this year. We are expecting our first baby (a little girl) in march so I figure this is my last year as his only valentine and this is so special! But.. I’m curious how to introduce the idea. Does it need an intro? Like, “heres your 14 days of valentines day present” (in prettier words) or do I just surprise him daily and when he asks “what is this for?” I say… “Just because?”

19. Kathy C. says:

LOVE this. Got everything printed and most of the treats purchased. We will be married 42 years this June and I think this will make him laugh! I love to make him laugh…I love when he makes me laugh, too. Thank you for posting this.

20. Debbie says:

I love this idea! I started it by saying something like ” i love you soooo much let me count the ways”..and i put it with the first gift…he won’t know until tomorrow that the gifts will be contfullinuing..

21. Lori Howell says:

my hubby’s bday is march 1st so this will be perfect to start on valentines day! <3 thanks so much!

22. Mika says:

This is perfect for our 14th Anniversary! :)

23. martie says:

I have six sisters and eight brothers!!! your blog~ what a great way to stay close as sisters…love that!!!

24. Jessica says:

i love this idea. i will be doing this for my husband on valentines day. by any chance where can i get a blank tag so maybe i can write something myself. also my husband is bald so i want to get like a razor and switch the word “comb” to “shave” or something to that aspect. i love the other ideas all you ladies came up with. Will let you guys know how it turned out. Thanks!!

25. Victoria says:

hokey and fun THANKS a million!!!

1. […] meaningful yet not-too-expensive gifts for Phil and went with one of The Dating Diva’s ideas: 14 Days of Love.  I’m not too crazy about how many of their ideas involve candy or dollar store crap, but I […]