January 25, 2014

ABC’s Of You Photo Alphabet Book

Once upon a time I took on a scrapbooking project.  It took me all of one page and a ton of money to realize this just isn’t my thing! I’m envious of those of you who have the patience and the budget to make gorgeous scrapbook pages!!!

As you can guess today’s craft tutorial idea is all about scrapbooking! Pros AND novices will love this scrappy idea that I am sharing today because it is easy, quick, and inexpensive. Hoorah!

Have you all seen those darling ABC books for toddlers? I’ve come across so many that are personalized with pictures of the baby, their families, and their favorite items that correlate with their ABC’s.

My hubby’s top love language is words of affirmation, so I’m always thinking of ways to tell him how much I love him. So of course these baby books gave me a brilliant idea! Why not make one of these for my husband, with pictures of him {or us} and reasons why I love him.

Michelle-ABCOfYou-Pinterest

Cute right?! My hubby will love this and so will your spouse!

You see those gorgeous pages? I made them!!!! Go back up to that top paragraph where I told you that once upon a time I tried scrapbooking and I flopped… well now I am a mighty fine scrapper and you can be, too!!!

Are you ready to make your own ABC book? Let’s get started!

ABC’s Of You or ABC’s Of Us

Michelle-ABCOfYou-Covers_Edit_Logo

Before we go any further, let’s decide if you want to make a book all about your spouse or a book all about the two of you.

If you decide to make one about your spouse, use “The ABC’s Of You” book cover.  You will want to choose 26 photos all about your spouse. Think of 26 words that represent your spouse, starting with A and ending with Z.  Write a sentence or two expressing your love and admiration for each word.

If you decide to make a book all about the two of you, choose The ABC’s Of Us cover. Pick 26 photos of the two of you, your kids, family, etc. You will pick 26 words that represent your marriage story, starting with A and ending with Z. Write a sentence or two expressing your happiness and love for each word.

I know I said this was an easy craft and it’s sounding complicated already. I promise this is the hardest part.  Once you figure out which book you want to create, photos to use, and words represent your spouse or your marriage, it’s easy sailing from there!

Maybe you want to make both, no biggie! Grab two copies of these printables. Grab one cover, one scrap sheet, 26 pages, 26 photos, 26 words, and 26 descriptions for each book.

Assembling

You will need to gather a few things to help you assemble your book.

Printables by Whimsicle Design Studios

26 Photos of your spouse, the two of you, kids, and or friends

26 words, starting with A and ending with Z, that represent your spouse or your relationship

26 descriptions that correlate with each word

Cricut Trimmer or CutterPillar PRO

Fine Point Scissors

Exacto Knife

Mini Glue Dots

Double Sided Tape or Photo Glue Stick

Fine Point Pen

Whole Punch

Can you believe that is all you need?!  Simplest scrapbooking list ever!!!

Printing

Michelle-ABCOfYou-ScrapsEdit_Logo

A huge thank you to Whimsicle Design Studio for creating gorgeous, gorgeous printables. Hurry on over and check out Whimsicle Deisgn Studio!!!

Whimsicle Design Studio created 26 pages and one “scrap pieces” page as well! Everything you possibly need is within these printable sheets.  Just wait till you open these… you are going to fall in love with them!!!

Print these printables onto white cardstock or glossy white cardstock.

Cut out the 27 pages and cut out each and every scrap piece on the last page.

Cut each photo to fit into the photo boxes on each page.

Scrapping

Michelle-ABCOfYou-HowTo_Edit_Logo

Now that you have everything cut out it’s time to start putting your pages together.

Grab one photo, a few scraps, and one heart or “xoxo” photo tab. The “xoxo” or heart photo tab goes at the top of your photo. Use the exacto knife to cut the gray lines on the tab so that it can easily slip over (in front and behind) your photo to give it a cute 3D look.

Place the photo and scraps on the page and arrange it just so. Then glue everything down using the glue stick, double sided tape, or mini dots.

Write down the word that correlates with the letter and then write a sentence or two expressing how that word relates to your spouse or to the two of you.

Collage1

Now do this 25 more times! You will be impressed with how cute these come out.  I was super impressed with how fabulously my pages turned out!

If I can make scrapbooking magic happen, so can you!!!

Binding

Michelle-ABCOfYou-TheEnd_Edit_Logo

Now it’s time to put your lovely book together. Hole punch the left hand side of each page. String a pretty ribbon through and tie it with a bow.

Write a lovely and darling sentence or two on the ticket on the title page.

Place your book into a pretty box and wrap it up and present it to your spouse!

Gift Giving

You’ve done all this work, now you deserve a little celebrating, don’t you agree?! So I’m going to help you create a fabulous date night that will be the perfect occasion to give this special gift.

Start the night on the town with a little bit of PHOTOBOOTH FUN. Grab all the printables and search for the photobooths near you.

Return home to the COUPLE’S CAFE.  Grab these printables and add a foot rub for you onto the receipt. When dinner is over, place the receipt on your gift and hand them both over.

End the night with A FOOT RUB for you (Remember your spouse owes you, it’s’ on the receipt! It’s time you got a little pampering for all your hard work!) as the two of you enjoy the LOVE SHACK while you flip page by page through your book.

33 Responses to “ABC’s Of You Photo Alphabet Book ”

1. paige says:

I LOVE THIS! I think it will be a great gift for my man on V-day and the printables are gorgeous! Thanks Michelle!

2. Becca Becca says:

How awesome is THIS?! I love it! The printables make it so easy to do! :)

This turned out really cute, Michelle. I am SO like you…. well, in the sense that once upon a time I was a scrapbooker… ha! Now, I just blog! WINK! XOXO

4. Christie says:

Thank you SO MUCH for providing this gift.

Is anyone interested in BRAINSTORMING WORDS in the COMMENTS so we can help each other come up with the ABC’s?!

5. Megan says:

When you click whimsical designs, where do you go I can’t find the printables on the website!

• lizzy says:

Its on the bottom of the page right above Michelle’s name :)

• Michelle Michelle says:

Hi Megan! The link to Whimsical Design takes you to the designer of these printables page. Stick around and take a peek she is just awesome! To find the printables for this page go to the very bottom of the page, stop right before my name, and click on the ABC’s Of You printables in pink. Enjoy!!! xox

6. Christie says:

A good link I found with a bunch of descriptive words for men:

7. Nikell says:

What size should I print the pictures?

8. Michelle Michelle says:

Hi Nikell! Ooooh good question!!! I printed 4×6 and 3×5 sizes. Cropped them to fit the picture frame and that’s it. I didn’t really measure it, so I hope my tip helps! xox

9. Sapphire says:

Is this still available? I cannot find it. The only thing I found on the sidebar was a link to purchase a Valentine’s Day Printables Pack, which does not appear to include this.

• Michelle Michelle says:

Hi Sapphire! Yes, it is still available. To find the printables for this page go to the very bottom of the page, stop right before my name, and click on the ABC’s Of You printables in pink. Enjoy!!! xox

10. Sapphire says:

Thank you! I was looking all over on the whimsicle design studio page for them! I read the post prior that was looking for them also, then I looked all over the whimsicle design studio page for your name. I knew I was missing something.

11. ashton says:

I am not seeing where to find the printables….It does show your name anywhere on the side bar:(

12. Jasmine says:

I’m making this for my husband and I was just wondering what you used for each letter (I’m having a really hard time thinking of one for every letter). Lol. Also, I don’t have 26 pictures of him/us. What should I do if I can’t find enough??? ANy ideas??

• Michelle Michelle says:

Hi girl! One of our fabulous readers commented above with a great link to descriptive words for men, here’s the link- http://www.words-to-use.com/words/men/ . So for your photo problem, I would suggest taking a few extra pictures of the two of you during a two week period of time, hopefully this will give you quite a few more pictures. Or you can leave the remaining pages without photos blank, don’t even fill in the description, and give your book with a note that it’s an ongoing project that will be filled during the year. Or you can use pictures of the two of you when you are kids. Good luck and enjoy!!! xox

13. Jasmine says:

I need ideas for the letters. What did you use? I’m having a hard time thinking of some. Lol. Also, what do you suggest if I don’t have enough pictures to fill all the pages? Thanks. :)

• Michelle Michelle says:

I’m not sure if you got my previous reply so I’m sending this again…

14. Evon Lim says:

Hi, im looking for the printables at the website but i can’t find your name :( i really love this idea

• Michelle Michelle says:

HI Evon! Bummer you are having a tough time finding the printables! Hopefully I can help you easily! Scroll down to the bottom of the post. There you should see my name in big pink letters. Right above that is a sentence that says, “No more delays, grab your ABC’s Of You printables, happy scrapping and gift giving!!!” The ABC’s Of You Printables is highlighted in pink. click on that and the printable pdf will open up. Enjoy! xox

15. Aubrey says:

I am having trouble finding the printables! I went to the website and found nothing like the ones you have in your scrapbook…

• Michelle Michelle says:

Hi Aubrey! Here are easy directions that should help you find the printable pack asap! Scroll down to the bottom of the post. There you should see my name in big pink letters. Right above that is a sentence that says, “No more delays, grab your ABC’s Of You printables, happy scrapping and gift giving!!!” The ABC’s Of You Printables is highlighted in pink. click on that and the printable pdf will open up. Good luck and enjoy! xox

16. Jennifer says:

What kind of paper did you use for the photos? Should I use the card stock or get photo quality paper?

• Michelle Michelle says:

Hi Jennifer! I used cardstock. I think this decision will be based on how you want your book to look. The cardstock that I use has a little bit of a sheen to it, not as much as photo paper though. Maybe print a page on one of each and pick the one you like best. xox

17. Jessy says:

Hello Michelle, I know you’ve got a ton of these but I can not find the printables, I’ve gone to the website and looked for your name and also “No more delays, grab your ABC’s Of You printables, happy scrapping and gift giving!!!” But they are no where to be found!

18. Michelle Michelle says:

Hi Jessy! Stay on this page and scroll up the page above the comments and to the end of the post. Right above my signature, in big brown letters, at the end of the post you will see this, “No more delays, grab your ABC’s Of You printables, happy scrapping and gift giving!!!” The “ABC’s Of You” is in pink, click on that link and the printables will open up in a new window. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need anymore assistance finding these. xox