February 6, 2013

Chrysler Weekend Getaway

Valentine's Family Getaway Chrysler

I was really excited when I found out I would be test driving a Chrysler Town and Country right before Valentine’s Day.  I decided to take my whole family on a trip and treat them all like royalty (not too hard when your ride is so posh)! I am in the second trimester of pregnancy and the first trimester was rough on our family. I hardly did a thing because I was so miserable and my whole family pitched in big time to keep our home functioning.  So, to show my love and appreciation, we took a much needed weekend vacation.

Family Weekend Getaway

We headed south to sunny St. George for a fun filled weekend playing in the sand, hiking, and swimming. Our 4-hour drive was a breeze in the Town and Country. The kids enjoyed the DVD player, and my hubby and I enjoyed the smooth ride. What I love most about this 2013 Town and Country was the safety features. I’m amazed at how far vehicles have come just in the last couple years. When I drove a minivan for the first time, I was worried about blind spots, but the side view mirrors have a light that signals if a vehicle is in the blind spot and the van beeps as well. I’m always nervous about long trips in Utah’s winters, but this feature and the light that shows up if your vehicle begins to slide put me at ease.

Valentine’s Weekend is the perfect time to take a family trip, to show your family how much you love them and to get a break from Winter weather!  What do you do to make Valentine’s Day fun for your whole family? I’d also love to hear what you love most about your Town & Country! We got to test drive this van in the picture, but we’re now also proud owners of our own Town & Country!

Chry3DGray.jpg(1)
This is a Sponsored Post written by me on behalf of Chrysler. All opinions are 100% mine.

15 Responses to “Chrysler Weekend Getaway”

1. Wen says:

Never considered minivans before, just not a fan. However, after my 3rd I am starting to wonder if it is the “smarter” option. Thanks for sharing your opinion!

• Nisha Nisha says:

It’s our third we have on the way and I thought….there is a REASON minivans were created! I don’t want my kids touching each other in the car…lol :)

2. Heather P. says:

I make a nice dinner and dessert at home and really decorate the table to the nines :) Everyone receives a token of my love and we enjoy the time together. My kids are older so having a night when we are all eating together is a treat.
    We own a Town and Country Touring Edition and I love it! Very comfortable to travel in and I LOVE the dual screen entertainment center. Each kid can watch their own movie and my husband and I can enjoy our music….all at the same time.

3. Kari says:

LOVE this post, Nisha! I, too, have never been into minivans, but the town & country edition actually sounds like I could be sold! Maybe I need to go take a test drive…

4. Mandi says:

We just had one of these as a rental while our Yukon was being repaired after we hit a deer. Can’t beat the convenience but I do like a few things about my 2002 Yukon better….thought that was unexpected when comparing it to a 2012 town & country. 1. The steering is very stiff. 2. Rattles like the automatic doors might get broken while going down normal streets 3. The standard sound system stinks 4 must upgrade to dual DVD players if you want to listen to radio up front.
    All that being said, I saved so much on gas that I am actually considering the switch. I got close the 30 mpg most go the time I had it. I dont care what stigma a van carries….i AM a rockin mom and when im driving down the road the only thing i care about is a relaxing drive, not who thinks i look cool. when i arrive at my destination with the peace of mind to still be able to have fun no one has any clue what i drove up in. I’m not trying to impress anyone with my car anymore and I can’t express the joy of hitting a button and the door opens for you when your carrying an armload.and the storage in the stow & go area is priceless.

• Nisha Nisha says:

That’s interesting. I don’t have any problems with steering or rattling doors (in my own Town and Country and the one I test drove). Maybe you got a van someone else had not taken very good care of. I can’t say much about sound systems – I’m no expert and compared to what I previously drove…lol :)

That’s right – you are a rockin mom no matter what you drive! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

5. Kristen says:

I would love this getaway, how fun! Everyone should love to take a road trip no matter what you drive!! love you moms are great!!

6. Kelly S says:

I LOVE my town and counrty. With four kids and the sliding doors it was great. Unfurtunately ours is 2002 and on it’s last leg and Hubby is losing his job soon. When he finshes school I will be on look out for newer one. I buy one again!!!

7. Catherine says:

We retired our 240,000 Chrystler Town and Country last week and got a new one. We are huge fans of the town and country at our house. We put every single one of those 240,000 miles and did nothing more than new brakes and oils changes. We are excited for a newer model. Plus, MADE IN AMERICA! What a great, dependable van!

• Nisha Nisha says:

Woohoo! So glad you got to 240,000!! Did you see that website the post linked to – it has statistics on current Chrysler drivers. I loved seeing that most are repeat buyers! And, I was surprised that the average family size was 4. We have 4, going on 5 and I assumed most families that drove minivans were larger.

8. Crystal says:

Congratulations on your mini-van. I had one when my kids were little. Now that they are in college, I have a cute SUV. Glad you got to get away and have some fun!!

9. R G says:

Funny, we kicked and screamed over ‘having’ to upgrade to a minivan. Thought we were too young, too … not that type, etc. Now we love them.