January 22, 2013

It’s a Love Match!

intimate_disclaimer-1

Candice-Matching-Game-Pinterest

Are you looking for a fun way to connect with your spouse that will spice things up in the bedroom, sharpen your memory skills, and celebrate Valentine’s Day?  Today’s post accomplishes all three of these goals by putting a romantic spin on the classic game of Memory!  Our version contains fun little romantic prompts that your hubby and you are only allowed to complete once a match has been made!  So, to surprise your sweetheart with some friendly competition, and create your own game, download this free printable: It’s a Match!

Candice-Matching Game2

A huge thank you to Diva Robin for creating this awesome printable for our readers!  This cute pdf contains enough squares to make a 6 x 6 grid.  The first 4 pages of the printable are the “fronts” of each square playing piece.  The last 4 pages are the “backs,” which contain all the fun romantic suggestions.  To assemble the game, simply cut out each square, and adhere 1 “front” piece to 1 “back” using tape, glue, or adhesive.  To make this task super quick and easy, I used a tape adhesive roller similar to this product: Tombow Adhesive Dispenser.

Candice-Matching Game3

You will notice that there are 4 blank “back” pieces, which equals 2 pairs of suggestions.  Here’s your chance to get creative and write in 2 your own ideas!  (Remember, to form a pair, you will have to write the suggestion twice.)  When all your game pieces are ready to go, be sure to mix them up before arranging them in a 6 x 6 grid.

The rules for playing this game are simple… once a match has been made, you and your sweetheart can complete the prompt!  And, if you don’t quite make it through the whole game before sparks start flying, no worries! (…wink, wink!)

If you like this idea, you will love Tara’s post, I’ve Kissed the Ground You Walk On,” which describes an awesome way to surprise your hubby when he gets home.  Who wouldn’t love a trail of rose petals and Hershey’s Kisses leading to a romantic destination of your choice?!

35 Responses to “It’s a Love Match!”

1. Paige Paige says:

So cute! I’m printing immediately to play with my hubby!

2. Laura says:

I love this cute game, and I totally want to print it! However, I don’t know if it’s just my computer, but the word “pucker” on the middle card on page 5 looks like a different word than what it’s supposed to be. Maybe it’s just my computer screen – I haven’t tried to print it – but does it look like a different word to anyone else? What’s showing up on my screen is something I wouldn’t want to print ;)

• Candice Candice says:

Hi Laura! So glad you like the game. The word is definitely a “p” when printed! :) I think some of the pixels might get a little distorted when the pdf is zoomed out. Thanks for pointing this out to us and sorry for any confusion!

3. Julie Julie says:

Candice and Robin what a fun idea and the cards for the game are so cute!

4. Allison says:

Super cute! I have a romantic night planned for the hubby this weekend, and this will be perfect! Also, wanted to share that I printed the 1st 4 pages, then printed the last 4 pages on the backsides. Page1 fits page 5, page 2 fits page 6, etc. So, no gluing for me! Thanks for this fun printable!

5. Brittany says:

Such a fun idea! I printed these out yesterday and played with my hubby last night. He loved it and said we need to keep the cards so we can play again in the future! Simple, affordable and cute idea. Thanks!

6. I love this idea!! I’m about to print this out for me and my hubby for our anniversary :)

7. Amy Mann says:

Cant get it too print….keeps coming up with error on page…..Help!!!!!!

8. Sheri Zee says:

Great idea! I love it & already downloaded it! Thank you for sharing.

9. Marcy says:

I Printed out the game too. It was a lot of fun. Thank you for all the inspiration. This idea was quick and easy, a great date for after the kids are in bed. We will deffinitely play this game again.

10. Rebecca says:

LOVE this idea! I can hardly wait to use it! Thanks so much!

11. Halley says:

Did this with my husband as part of his “birthday week” celebrations. I was surprised how into it he was. He absolutely loved it! It was so much fun I think we’ll laminate the cards!

12. Cayla says:

I love this! I can’t wait to do this! We just had our first child 6 weeks ago tomorrow and I think this is just what we need!! Love it! Thank you!

13. lemondedis says:

j’aime beaucoup et je partage le lien immédiatement !

14. Leyla says:

I did it for my husbant yesterday for Valentine day,,,, It was “fun” day ;) Memorible…. Thanks a lot!!!

15. keren says:

hi i also cant get this to print can it be emailed to me in a different form pdf? pls tia

16. Noora says:

Hi :) I LOVE this idea. Would love to try it out this weekend. But I can’t seem to open the link/file :( Can someone email me the file?

narshad82@gmail.com

• Candice Candice says:

Hi Noora! I just checked the printable and it looks like it is working on our site although it is taking a few moments to load. I also emailed the pdf to you just in case! Thanks!

17. Angie says:

Awesome! Awesome! Thank you! Thank you!!!

1. [...] The match game can be found and printed off here. [...]

2. [...] It’s a Love Match! Create some sparks with your sweetheart with this free printable that puts a romantic spin on the classic game of Memory! [...]