January 31, 2013

Kiss Flip Book

Are you head over heels about your spouse’s kisses? You better say YES!!!  I’m guilty of sneaking smooches whenever I can.  Unfortunately for me, when my firefighter hubby is on duty, he is gone from home two days in a row so I don’t always get kisses when I want them.  We both love receiving a “text” kiss or a smooch over the phone, while we day dream about a kiss in person.   Since we are ga-ga over each other’s lip locks, I wanted to create kisses that he could carry with him wherever he went. Luckily, I stumbled upon “A Kiss In Your Pocket” by Color Me Katie (Thank You, Katie!!!), such a cute idea, that inspired a lovely Valentine treat!

Creating a “Kiss Flip” book will solve all of your long distance kissing problems. No longer will your Valentine be longing for your kisses because they will have them wherever they go.

Michelle-Kiss-flip-book-Pinterest

Now, let’s cut to the chase and get you kissing…

You will need:

12 sheets of Cardstock

Kiss Flip Book Printable  (A huge hug and thank you to the Merrymint Design girls for creating this gorgeous little book, seriously these girls are designer rock stars!!! Hurry and check them out, I’ll wait for you to come back!)

Scissors

A Camera

White Foam Poster Board

Glue Stick

Hole Punch (If you don’t own the We R Memory Keepers Crop-A-Dile Eyelet and Snap Punch you are missing out.  This is the number one tool I use for crafting, I’m always needing it for one thing or another.  I love it because you can punch two sizes of holes into up to 5 or more pages at a time!  Huge time saver!!!  Check it out and add it to your crafting supplies!)

Ribbon

Create your Book in only 4 easy steps:

Michelle-kiss-flip-book-slider(Web)

1.  Grab the super adorable Kiss Flip Book Printables by those amazing Merrymint girls.  Print all the pages onto white cardstock and cut them out.

Michelle-Kiss-Flip-Book-minime(Web)

2.  Take a lovey-dovey picture of yourself blowing a kiss.   A little tip, I used a white foam poster board as the background for my picture.  After downloading your photo, resize your picture to fit the place photo here box on the printable.  Print 9 copies of your cute picture.

3.  Cut out your photos and glue them over the “place photo here” box.

MIchelle-Kiss-Flip-Book-possible-pinterest-picture2(Web)

4.  Punch out two holes and string your ribbon through the holes.  Tie with a darling bow and seal it with a kiss!

Who knew Valentine’s was so amazingly easy, right?!   Your kisses will keep your spouse from being blue and will keep them forever smooching you!

If you are digging the lip locks, than you have to check out The Kissing Countdown, your hubby will be counting down the days till he gets a real kiss.  Or if you are in need of a long distance idea to keep you connected, take a peek at Pair, An App For Couples!

31 Responses to “Kiss Flip Book”

1. Paige Paige says:

SOOOO cute Michelle! LOVE it. My hubby travels a LOT and I’m totally going to sneak this in his suitcase next time he’s gone! THANKS

This turned out even CUTER than I thought it would! Love those colors! I think this could be a fun V-Day surprise as well… even if you aren’t long-distance! ;)

• Michelle Michelle says:

It turned out cuter than I thought too, I was soo excited when I saw it!!! My hubby would love to keep this at work with him when he’s on shift and he’s only gone two nights at a time so I totally agree with you, I think this would be darling no matter what situation you are in! xox

3. Dena R says:

love it! thanks!

4. Becca Becca says:

Simply DARLING! Thanks!!

5. Wendy wendy says:

SO cute Michelle!

6. Very cute idea and well done. Thanks!

7. Jennie says:

Awww’ this is super cute. I love the colors too. TO FUN! Hugs, jen

8. Simplee Sue says:

These are so cute. Thank you for having these made for us. So thoughtful.

9. So cute. Love the pic with the hearts blowing. Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday at Sew Can Do:)

10. Very cute! What a fun idea!

11. Sierah says:

This is such a good idea for the Valentine’s care package I’m sending to my boyfriend! This is so perfect!

12. Lydia says:

My husband & I really enjoy your site – thanks for the creative ideas and encouraging marriages!! My husband was recently deployed and I make him a flip book like this. He LOVED it and used the pictures I sent him as postcards and sent them back home to me with a little note!

Thanks again!

• Michelle Michelle says:

Awe you are too cute. You are the perfect example of why we love doing this! Making postcards out of your book, is such a cute idea, he’ a clever guy! A huge thank you to you two for selflessly serving this country! I think it takes special people to join the military. xox

13. Michelle Michelle says:

Muah!!! Thanks for sharing the love! xox