August 2, 2012

Mini Love Notes

Remember how everything is so much cuter in the mini version? Well, the same is true for love notes.

My husband and I are doing the long distance relationship thing right now as he is doing medical school rotations all around the country. And as “fun” as it sounds to take 2 kids and travel with him we decided to stay put and just visit as often as we could. {And a huge applause to those of you that do the long distance thing because, man, is it hard!}

I know my husband gets lonely at times and misses us, so I decided to make him a set of mini-love notes to open at times he is needing a pick-me-up. You could even do it as a countdown – open one each day until he comes home. These are so easy to make and I guarantee you have the supplies on hand – paper and glue!

Supplies Needed:

*Paper

*Cardstock

*Glue

*Pen

First you’ll need to cut out a bunch of hearts from the paper. Each envelope is made from a paper heart – so cute, right?! Then fold each of them into an envelope.
Glue each envelope onto a piece of card stock. You can do as many or as few as you’d like. Then cut small pieces of paper to put into each of the envelopes and don’t forget to write a sweet or funny message on each one.
I even slipped a stamp in one with instructions for him to write me a love note back!
Need some other letter ideas? Check out Wendy’s You are Appreciated post.

16 Responses to “Mini Love Notes”

1. Michelle Michelle says:

Erika!!! I love this!!! I have made little note books with normal ole’ store bought envelopes in the past and I have been trying to think of a cute way to improve my idea. You, cute girl, have come up with the best idea ever!!! I’m stealing this for all my future secret love notes! Love, love, love!!! xox <3

2. I’m obsessed with this idea! I am SO doing this for my hubby sometime!

3. Kelsey says:

Loved this idea, my friend is at basic training. So I used this idea to send him some letters. I hope he has the best looking letters there :)

4. Candice Candice says:

Such a fun idea- will definitely be doing this in the future!

These are just too darling, Erika! I agree! Everything IS cuter… mini! lol XOXO

6. Dani says:

Do you have a template for the envelopes? If not…how big are the hearts that you used? I am really excited to make these! Thanks!!!

• Erika Erika says:

I don’t have a template, Dani. I just free handed it! But I would say my hearts were about 3 inches tall and 4 inches wide? I made a few hearts until I found a size I liked and then I used that as my template and traced a bunch. Good luck!

7. ande says:

I just made these for my boyfriend who is on the road 90% of the time, thanks for the great idea!
    I made 6 envelopes about your size and 2 bigger ones that I put in the middle. I did a couple cute notes, one stamp to write me, dinosaur confetti(inside joke), and a couple temporary tattoos with instructions in each envelope! can’t wait to get pictures each time he opens one!

8. Chelsea says:

I just made this as an anniversary present and it was a total success!! Thank you so much for a cute, creative present!

9. Lauren says:

I tried to find a bunch of different types of hearts and none turn out this good. What did you use to make your hearts?

• Lauren says:

I just read the others. haha. Maybe your could trace it and scan it to here? that would be most helpful. I love creative ideas but my drawing skills are reall bad

10. Lauryn says:

I just made this for my boyfriend’s birthday who is away at an internship for 9 more weeks. It’s too cute! I combined it with another idea I found and put times when he can open each envelope on his birthday. I can’t wait to hear his response. :)

11. Kaylee says:

I just stumbled onto this site and I LOVE it! I just made this for my boyfriend. He graduated in December and I am still at school. He is working 50+ hrs a week 3 hours away. I made it so that there were 5 envelopes and labeled one for each weekday for him to open. I can’t wait for him to get it in the mail!!

1. [...] this week’s segment of Long Distance¬†Shenanigans, I took a page from The Dating Divas (an excellent source for long distance dating ideas!). Their idea: mail your loved one mini [...]