February 9, 2011

Red Hot LOVE

Corie-RedHot-Pinterest

Can you believe that Valentine’s Day is right around the corner?

Today we have THREE quick and easy ideas that your spouse will love!

Something Free….

I thought I would make the day of my spouse by sneaking into his car before he left for work.  Once I was in his car, I cued one of our favorite Collective Soul CD’s to a specific love song and lyric.  Then, when my husband started his car he was greeted with quite the love song!  My husband said the lyrics, “You’re All I Need” were stuck in his head all day long!

Something Fun… RED HOT!

Our love is RED HOT!  This is quite the quick and easy project, let me tell ya!   All you have to do is head to the store and pick out some RED HOT items that you know your spouse will LOVE!  Then, print the RED HOT tag and there you have it…you’re done!

(P.S. I found the red box and all the goodies at a grocery store!)

Something Fabulous…

“You’re Sweeter Than Chocolate” book ingredients:

Two large chocolate bars

Three pieces of paper

Scissors, tape, and ribbon

#1 – Wrap both of the chocolate bars in two pieces of identical color paper.

#2 – Cut a different color piece of paper slightly smaller than the candy bar.  Attach this piece of paper in between the two candy bars.

#3 – Write your loved one a special note on the inside paper.  We don’t handwrite notes like we use to. Take the time to pen something that will be meaningful to your spouse!

#4 - Close your book, add tape where necessary and wrap with a ribbon.

Wow!  Your spouse will have their very own book of LOVE and chocolate.  What’s better than chocolate and love?

Download Tags/Printables Here!

What do you plan to do for your loved one this Valentine’s Day?

8 Responses to “Red Hot LOVE”

1. Kristen kristen says:

Great Job Corie! I love how easy this would be to throw together! so creative!

2. Sara says:

I’ve been doing a “14 Days of Valentines”. Starting on the first day of February, my husband has had a small little clue/saying placed somewhere I know he would see it before he leaves for work (ie, on the fridge, in his shoes, on his steering wheel, etc). That night, he comes home to a prize! Some of them have been silly (like “Your friends must be green with envy because I think you are such hot stuff” and his prize was a couple of bottles of his favorite green hot sauce) and others have been more…fun (like “You light up my life” with his prize being a black light in the bedroom, which I got from you guys!) It has kept me in the spirit for V-day, and helps me be a nicer wife, because I have been thinking of him and doing something for him every day! I’ve really enjoyed it, and I think he looks forward to it to. The best part is, you can make it as cheap or as pricey as fits your needs! Thanks for getting my creative ball rolling, with all of your awesome ideas, divas!

3. Sandi says:

I think my favorite things on this site are all of the little ways to show your husband you love him. I can’t wait to use some of these with mine :)

4. Kayla says:

Howdy!

I am in need of a really neat and simple idea for Valentines Day. My husband is going away for the week (including V-Day) to present his paper before his dissertation in Louisiana, and I don’t know how to surprise him at his hotel or whenever he gets to his hotel for the day.

Any idea’s? He’s not a flower guy and I don’t know how else to send him a surprise!

I really appreciate it!!

Kayla

5. Bobbi Lee says:

I love your blog and wanted to give you a Stylish Blogger Award. Head over to my blog to find out details on how to accept it and maybe stay for a while :)
    Bobbi Lee
    mytinysweetcheeks.blogspot.com

6. Shell says:

Love these ideas!

Just found your site- such a fabulous idea!

7. Marybeth says:

I am totally doing the Red Hot one! Such a good idea!