August 18, 2012

Get the Scoop!

It has been a HOT summer!  With temperatures well above 100 degrees in many parts of the country, this date night is the perfect cool treat for your sweetheart.  To set the scene, I drew inspiration from Corie’s post: After Hours Ice Cream Party, which featured a wonderful invitation by One Charming Party.

I simply printed off the invitation and personalized it for an ice cream date for 2.  I also turned their adorable “Thank You” cards download into little love notes.  I sprinkled these fun notes around the house where James would find them the day before our date.  These little gems were perfect for putting a smile on his face.

Now for the main event: make your own ice cream!  This frozen treat on AllRecipes.com fits the bill perfectly since it only calls for 3 ingredients and requires little or no freezing time.  Less time in the kitchen translates to fewer dishes and more time with your spouse.

We used frozen raspberries instead of strawberries and they worked great.   While you’re enjoying your delicious dessert, get the “latest scoop” on your sweetheart by playing a fun round of truth or dare.  Here’s a free printable with some suggestions to get your creative juices flowing!  Download the Get the Scoop Printable.

You will be sure to stay cool with this inexpensive and delicious date night!

9 Responses to “Get the Scoop!”

1. amy k. says:

with baby #1 on the way i am looking for creative at home dates for hubby and i to keep the spark amidst what i’m sure with be sleep deprivation and all the baby newness…. this is a great idea! thanks so much! i’ll be adding it to my “date ideas” pinboard!

That ice cream looks delicious!! Love the “truth or dare” printables as well! Great post, Candice! XOXO

3. Michelle Michelle says:

Candice, this is adorable. That ice cream is screaming at me, looks gorgeous and delicious!!! I love the ice cream invitation and your cute handwriting! xox <3

4. Julie Julie says:

Ice cream is one of my favorite treats, and I LOVE some good truth or dare!

5. Patricia says:

My husband adores ice cream! After 2 years (that is how old our daughter is now) we are desperate need of date night. This sounds like an awesome idea!

6. Erika Erika says:

Oh, I LOVE ice cream. This will be the perfect date for us!

7. Kelly says:

I love love your website. We try to have a Family Fun Friday Night every Friday with our kiddos and I am going to use your idea for an ice cream themed night. Thanks for sharing all your wonderful ideas!!!

1. [...] Get the Scoop!  Plan an ice cream date to beat the summer heat and enjoy a round of Truth or Dare. [...]