March 5, 2012

Taste the Rainbow Date

Makana here from Texas is for Lovers and happy to bring you a fun and steamy date for St. Patty’s day. You are just gonna love this!  Well, I know your hubby will at least!

Holidays are a great reason do make that extra effort for your relationship and this date is sure to please!

Items you will need:

**Drinking glasses (Target $1 spot)
**Root Beer (or favorite drink)
**Glow sticks (Target $1 spot)
**Tiara and wand (Target $1 spot)
**Rainbow Lingerie (you can use anything really. I purchased mine from Target)

I set everything out the night before so when he woke up he would see it before heading out to work. That way it was on his mind all day.  (wink, wink)

When he got home I had a dinner all prepared.  We decided to go with a traditional Irish meal I found via foodgawker.com -  Crockpot Corned Beef and candied carrots.  And, of course play some drinking games for two.

After dinner the real fun began!  I printed out some rainbows and spread them about the house. His instructions were to “Follow the rainbow to find the leprechaun to grant three wishes.”  The rainbows led to the bedroom, of course. I was all decked out and ready for the rest of the night. I first filled the tub and added some glow sticks. I am sure you have seen them all around Pinterest. The water was a rainbow now! Obviously, we both had a great night.
{Sidenote: I saw this idea later. You could incorporate it into your night. Rainbow colored shaving cream}

15 Responses to “Taste the Rainbow Date”

1. Jackie says:

We just did a rainbow date. Totally different than this one, but still cool! We made rainbow drinks, melted crayon art, wrote poems out of words that made us think of romance. And we were gonna paint iron pots to resemble our spouse, and fill with “gold nuggets” of things we love about each other. However, I”m saving the pot for our Ireland date. :) I decorated the house with rainbow heart wind thingies from the dollar store, a big rainbow made out of cut out hearts, etc. I wish I had seen this post first. I may have added a few things.

2. Jackie says:

We also ate a rainbow made out of fruits! (Strawberries, watermelon, oranges, pineapple, kiwis, blueberries, and purple grapes. Cut up bananas made the clouds. :)

3. Wendy Wendy says:

LOVE this idea Makana!! Thank you for sharing!!

4. Erin says:

So cute! When I tried to link to the recipe, it sent me to a pressure cooker blog–is that right? I have a Crockpot, but not a pressure cooker, so I am curious as to how you made it in the Crockpot. :) Also, anyone have a source for rainbow plus sized bras/lingerie? :)

• makana says:

I used a pressure cooker but a crockpot would work just fine. I cooked corned beef in a crockpot last year and it was just as yummy.
      I hope you were able to figure out something. I apologize for the late response

5. Whitney says:

It’s official. I bought the St. Patrick’s Day plunder at Target today. Everything in the photo posted above was still there. PLUS the rainbow bra was attached to a red bra and they were on sale together for $5!! What?!

My sweet husband will love this! Thank you so much for sharing this idea! Since St. Patrick’s Day will fall on a Friday this year, I will probably do all of this to celebrate on Friday so he (too) will have to be in anticipation all day at work.

6. Kari Kari says:

Wow, this looks like such a fun date idea!! Way to go girl, you rocked it!

7. Amy says:

This is such a great idea! I went to the link for the corned beef and they utilized a pressure cooker. Did you use a crock pot when you made this? I would much rather do that so i was wondering how it went if you did.
    Thanks!
    Amy

• makana says:

I did use a pressure cooker but generally pressure cookers just speed things up so a crock pot would be fine too. It would just take longer

8. Leah says:

OMGolly this is awesome. Think I will try this out!

9. makana says:

Glad to hear they had everything still!

10. adrian says:

Did this date night, I changed a few things but it was sooo much fun and my husband loved it. Thanks so much for the ideas!

SUCH a cute idea, Makana!

12. Amy says:

I love this! Definitely putting some of these ideas on our bucket list when my guy is back in town.

1. [...] Love their 4 leaf clover idea for adding some sexy fun to your evening. Lastly, check out their Taste the Rainbow Date [...]