We’re bringing back the 80’s movie blockbuster! It’s funny, it’s witty, it’s creative, and a complete date night package! It’s The Ghostbusters! Oh, yeah, we knew you’d love it! Haha! Just in time for Halloween, too!
Are you the Keymaster?
- Marshmallow Man – Do up your invitation using the image of the Marshmallow Man and attach your invite to a plate of chocolate covered marshmallows.
- Create your invitation to imitate an ad (like in the newspaper). Make it advertise Ghostbusters coming to exterminate the ghosts from your house. Attach it to the Ghostbusters DVDs and leave it where your spouse will find it.
- Have your invitation be a kleenex covered sucker with a ghost face drawn on the head part that says “Don’t be a sucker – come have some ghost-bustin’ fun with your ghoul (girl) tonight at 9:00pm.”
- Decorate the house all ghost like – cobwebs, pumpkins, candles – to get in the mood. Have a big sign with the phrase “When someone asks you if you’re a God, you say “YES”!” (FYI – This is a popular line from the movie.)
- Have a Halloween themed food night. Enjoy pizza mummies for dinner, swamp juice and creepy cupcakes (click HERE for those recipes).
- Throw a Black and Orange Party! Complete with all the ghoulish treats your hearts desire!
- Get the great BIG marshmallows and roast them or serve chocolate covered marshmallows as a fun treat.
He Slimed Me
- Dress the part! They have some fun and Sexy Ghostbusters Costumes for Her or Ghostbusters Costumes for Him… or even a Marshmallow Man Costumes that you can wear during date night (use these for your date night then reuse them for Halloween!).
- Or, instead of actual costumes, decorate old cereal boxes as the Ghostbuster backpack and for the hose tape some paper towel rolls together. Tease and spike your hair [like the Sigourney Weaver at the end when she becomes possessed] and then spike your man’s hair like when the Ghostbusters get zapped in the end.
- Get slimmed! Pick up some green slime from a kids toy store or prank shop and then with out warning…slime each other throughout the movie.
- Have a marshmallow war in the middle of the movie when the Ghostbusters fight the Marshmallow Man or have a marshmallow gun fight! (You can make your own or pick these up at any craft store/show.) Afterwards, gather up your marshmallows and some toothpicks then have a contest to sculpt your own marshmallow man.
- Go to a haunted house to get in the “scared” mode for your date!
Diva Movie Disclaimer:
The Dating Divas’ purpose is to help other couples find ways to strengthen and enrich their own marriages.This post is not an intended endorsement of the movie herein . These date ideas are designed to find positive and innovative ways to connect with your spouse and can certainly be used for another movie of your choice. The movie industry tends to glorify many views that we do not particularly agree with or advocate. Unfortunately, nowadays, Hollywood doesn’t quite seem to value marriage the way we do. Please take these ideas and put them to use in a way that fits your circumstances.