July 26, 2011

Guest Blogger: The Idea Room

Kari - Guest Blogger The Idea Room - Pinterest Pic

I’m so excited to introduce you to Amy at The Idea Room.  Amy is a married, stay-at-home mom to 5 incredible kids.  They are her inspiration for almost all of her craft ideas and projects.  Amy is a former High School Science Teacher (Human Biology and Biology) and loves teaching and learning new things.

Amy started The Idea Room in 2009 encompassing everything from creative gift ideas, recipes, party ideas, crafts, decor, homemaking tips and SO MUCH MORE!  There is truly something for everyone!  So without further ado…here is Amy:

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

Hi! My name is Amy and you can normally find me blogging over at The Idea Room!  I am excited to be here sharing a fun little dessert idea with you today!

We LOVE ice cream at our house.  We especially love a scoop of ice cream on top of a brownie or a chocolate chip cookie. We whipped up some of these babies the other night for our family home evening treat (Monday evenings) and used our favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe.  They were a hit!  Would you like to make some?  Here is the recipe.

1/4 c. brown sugar 1/2 c. sugar 1 egg 1/4 c. butter 1/4 c. butter flavored shortening 1 1/8 c. flour 1/2 tsp. baking powder 1/2 tsp. salt 1/2 tsp. vanilla 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips

1. To make the cookie cups, beat together the shortening, butter, and sugar in a large bowl. Add the egg and vanilla extract, beating until combined.

2. In a separate bowl, sift together the salt, baking powder, and flour, then gradually stir them into the batter. Stir in the chocolate chips.

3. Divide the dough in half, shape each half into a flat disk, and wrap it in plastic. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.

Photobucket

4. Heat the oven to 375°. Turn two 12-cup muffin tins bottom side up and cover 10 of the cup bottoms with squares of aluminum foil (use every other cup so there’s some space between them).

Photobucket

5. Unwrap 1 disk of dough, place it between 2 sheets of waxed paper, and roll it out to a 1/8-inch thickness. Cut out 4-inch circles of dough and place each one over a cup bottom, smoothing out any cracks. Repeat with the other disk, re-rolling and reusing any scraps.

Photobucket

6. Bake the cookie cups for 10 to 12 minutes or until light brown. Let them cool for 10 minutes, then remove the foil and cookies together from the muffin pan. Peel off the foil and let the cups cool completely on a rack. Just before serving, fill each cookie cup with a scoop of ice cream. Makes about 9-10.

I was also thinking how great this would be to do with any cookie dough. Chocolate cookie dough would be delicious with vanilla or strawberry ice cream! Or what about sugar cookie dough with vanilla ice cream and/or just topped/or filled with your favorite berries. DE.LI.CIOUS!

Photobucket

These would be perfect for a date night in for those times when you can’t seem to find a babysitter or don’t have the funds to get out on the town. Thanks for having me!

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

Um, YUM. Don’t those look absolutely divine?? Amy has plenty of other fabulous ideas just like this over at The Idea Room. So what are you waiting for?  Click on over there and start perusing her many incredible ideas. I promise, you won’t be disappointed!

23 Responses to “Guest Blogger: The Idea Room”

1. Whitney W says:

I love this idea! We have family in town and this would be a great dessert for everyone! Thanks for sharing!

2. Kimbra Taylor says:

What a FUN idea! Yummy, yummy!!

WOW! This looks delicious!!! I am excited to try this on our next date night! Thanks for sharing! :)

4. Malika says:

Hey! I just saw this on the show Tough Cookie on the food network. They made a banana split in the cookie boat. Looks Yummy!

• Kari Kari says:

Okay, that just sounds too good to be true! So delish! And I haven’t heard of Tough Cookie, but if they make things like this…I am their newest fan!

5. Cami Cami says:

Oh, SO yummy, and easy for us that don’t love to bake! I LOVE it! Thanks so much!

6. Wendy wendy says:

YUMMY!!! That looks incredible… tomorrow night for sure!! {wink wink}

7. Ashley says:

This is Brilliant! I seriously love it! Thank you for sharing

8. Aimee says:

I love it and can’t wait to make them! Great idea :D

9. Nichole says:

OH MY!! I just made these for my Fiance, he loved them and so did I.

10. nicole says:

Hi there! How you do recommend rolling out the dough? My dough is so sticky!

• Kari Kari says:

Hi Nicole – If it is super sticky, you can try one of two things: 1) refrigerate the dough for a couple of hours and then form it. Some times that helps it to stick together and not stick to you. or 2) use butter spray to spray the insides of 2 sheets of saran wrap, put the dough in between, and then press down. That should keep the dough from sticking to the plastic to flatten out. Hope that helps! Great question, btw.

11. Kimberley says:

Oh My!!
    Hubby and I (well he doesn’t know yet) a date night tonight to watch the finale of Big Brother (His favourite show) So making these with Oreo icecream (making it as well) and hot fudge sauce!
    YUM!

12. Melanie says:

How did you get yours to come away from the foil so nicely? I let mine cool and they still had to be scraped off the foil, piece by piece. Maybe its because I didn’t chill my dough for long enough? Anyway, we had vanilla ice cream with cookie crumbles on top!

1. [...] For those of you that are Pinterest deprived (you are missing out!) I wanted to share (via Instagram) this little treat we made over the weekend that was inspired by a Pinterest find. [...]

2. [...] I found these genius ladies, and this genius guest post from Amy – where she made cookie cups! One of the steps in making her cookie cups includes using foil – which helps make a perfect [...]

3. [...] Chocolate Chip Cookie & Ice Cream Cake {The Gunny Sack} 2. Chocolate Chip Cookie Bowl Sundae {The Idea Room via Dating Divas} 3. Deep Dish Cookie A la Mode {White on Rice Couple} 1. Ice Cream Sundae Brownies {Picky-Palate} [...]

4. […] is another great tip on how to make chocolate chip cookie dough cups. Kari at The Dating Divas introduces us to Amy at The Idea Room. Amy created the chocolate chip cookie dough cups featured on […]