September 23, 2011
After The Baby
- Email pictures of the baby throughout the day to ‘Daddy’. Print off cute signs and lay them by the baby saying things like, “I love my Daddy!”, or “Thanks for working hard for me!”, or even “I can’t wait to see you tonight.”
- Call your husband, ‘Daddy’. Talk to your baby about how special Daddy is. Be sure to let Daddy feel of your love in how you portray him to your baby from day ONE.
- Dress up cute for your man and be there for him. They understand what you are going through so they will be happy with anything that you do. So dressing up cute (or even a little skimpy – ahem, especially if you are nursing – WINK) would lead to other things without involving intercourse.
- When Daddy is making an effort to help with the baby especially in the middle of the night, NEVER OVERLOOK IT! Verbally say “thank you,” say it with your eyes and smile, hug him… you will never regret showing as much appreciation as you can. It will help him feel included and loved. Even if it’s just helping with the extra loads of laundry from the baby’s room. There’s just so much that Mom does herself because she’s the only one with the milk, so she’s already up with night feedings, changing diapers in the night, cleaning up spit-up, etc….and dad’s at work most of the day, so these are all on her during the day too.
- Sing songs like, “I’m so glad when Daddy comes home” to your baby when Daddy can hear you.
- Give your hubby time alone with the new baby. It allows him to bond with the baby without feeling pressure from you or the other kids around. It really helps him feel connected and is MUCH needed.
- When the baby is asleep, really take time out for your man! Ask him how his day went instead of complaining about yours, just TALK to him so he doesn’t feel ignored.
- Lay out your husband’s pj’s, pull the covers back on his side of the bed, and put his favorite book on his pillow so he can relax before going to bed.
- Go to bed together at the same time! After having a baby, you just want to sleep any chance you get and often times you’ll be asleep before he comes to bed. Make the effort to be awake for him!
- If you have a blog, take pictures of Daddy with the baby and do a whole blog post dedicated to him and the baby. Talk about how great he is with the baby, supporting you, helpful around the house, etc. Husbands appreciate when they are recognized for their efforts.
- Allow your husband to help out in any way that he wants, even if it isn’t how you would do it. Talk to him about his day, and make memories together.
- Talking to your hubby about ways he can help you out around the house or with the other kids is a great way to be on the same page. Then make sure he gets a reward for the help… it could be anything from when the six week recovery is over to some cologne he has wanted.
- Pick a movie night, or make sure you still go out on date night. Get a babysitter (even if it’s just a few hours) it will mean a lot to him.
- When you see things with the name ‘Dad’ in them or his favorite things, grab them and use them as little gifts for Daddy to find (i.e. Dad’s Root Beer, POP Rocks, Sugar Daddy, etc.)
- Have a gift for him after the baby is born. Such as giving him a willow tree statue (the one depicting a father holding his baby) and write him a note telling him what an amazing father he is and how much you appreciate him.
- Put together a fun “New Dad” basket and have it ready ahead of time so you can present it to him when you get home from the hospital. Some fun items could include Dad’s Root Beer, Pop Rocks (check out Kiirsten’s fun Intimate Moments post for this!), a Rookie New Dad t-Shirt, beef jerky, Sugar Daddy candy, some new slippers, and The Idiot’s Guide to Being a New Dad book.
- Make up this adorable Baby Daddy Basket created by The Crafting Chicks full of his favorite treats and notes from you to make him feel loved and appreciated!
- Put together a Daddy’s Diapering Kit! haha! It will be something you can laugh about together, but he will actually get some use out of it! If you want to get a real kick out of a fun kit, put together a Parent Survival Kit for your man!
- Use your mouth and be creative with it! He’ll definitely be happy and your lady region can stay on vacation!
- Your breasts are huge when nursing, so entertain him there. Your milk can be quite the curiosity of husbands which will turn into fun for both of you.
- Just touching him [ahem, in that sensitive area] while in bed can be a good alternative for a man if you’re not planning on having intercourse. It’s the attention and the attraction that counts, and if it turns into a little more, then, well… bonus for him.
- Have foreplay without the intercourse. It will turn your hubby on AND you…so it’s a great bonus (especially since you aren’t feeling the cutest after having a baby).
- Back rubs are great after a new baby – but do them naked! Then you can finish off with a little play action on him – he still gets to see you naked, YOU get a MUCH earned massage, and he gets a little ‘relief’ at the end of it (if you know what I mean). You can even try out a Sensual Touch Massage to spice things up.
- Every man loves a good flash… so use those nursing boobs and get to work! lol
- Once all of the kiddos are in bed, get dressed in something that is a little more risque and try dusting the T.V. while he’s trying to watch it…or mop the floor on your hands and knees while he’s eating a late night snack.
- Play a few Bedroom Games that are all about foreplay and nothing more! Or have some Flirty Fun With Candy to get things spiced up!
- Make your first time after the six weeks are up special! In some ways it’s just like the first time…so create a very romantic ambiance by Setting The Mood to make the occasion extra special.
31 Responses to “After The Baby”
Leave A Comment
OOoooohhh!! We LOVE comments! Thanks for leavin' us some "love"! P.S. If you want a pic to show up next to your comments, go get a gravatar!