July 8, 2010

WILD about you!

My smokin’ hot hubby is my best friend, my sweetheart, and my rock. I love him to death and I wanted to use my creativity to make something attractive that would bring us closer together, be fun, get used often, and mainly be something that would really appeal to HIM. When I really thought about what I wanted to give him, it was my love because truth be told…

I’m simply WILD about him.

*****************

“I’m WILD About You” Box

P.S. I have a confession to make… I really am not the most crafty person! So this is pretty simple, and if I can make this, you TOTALLY can!

******************

Begin with a small lunchbox style tin. I found this on sale at Roberts Arts & Crafts for $3.99. It is about 1/2 the size of a regular lunchbox. However, I think they’re on sale for $1.99 now and come in a variety of fun bright colors.

You’ll need some Mod Podge for this too. Mod Podge is one of my favorite elements to work with because it’s a sealant type glue.

When you think of the wild, what are your favorite animals that come to mind? You can find animal print scrapbooking paper at most craft stores. Make a temporary template by measuring the area inside your tin or other container. Then just trace it on and cut it out of your animal print paper.

If the paper measurement is slightly off on the curved corners, so it barely doesn’t fit right, just lay it flat as possible, press your fingernail into the corner and make a crease into where it should be cut. Take it out and trim the excess above the crease. Glue one cut out piece to the bottom with mod podge and another to the top.

And now the inside is lookin’ good!

Here’s how a cheetah print turned out:

You can use the same style print or another choice for a border around the perimeter of your box. Mod podge the bottom side (this looks like the print side, but it is the underside, which I do NOT want to show.)

Simply slip it into place around the outside of your box. It will slide easily while the glue is wet, which makes for ample time to adjust it to be even on each side. I cut 12” x 1 3/4” strips, which didn’t quite go all the way around, but I had a plan for that.

Once the strip is dried in place, mod podge over the top to seal it down. Any mod podge that gets on your tin will rub right off when dried… no worries!

Once it’s all mod podge’d up, it will look like this for a minute. It will definitely dry clear and this way be a little more sturdy than just glued on paper.

For a nice cover over the blunt edge on the outside of the box, I chose some inch wide ribbon with coordinating colors. I just measured to the same width as the zebra band,

used some regular scrapbooking roll on glue on the back,

and stuck them on the corners to finish the sides and front nicely.

For the top, I simply typed “I’m WILD About You” in a fun font, printed it and cut it out.

I cut a couple other background pieces to layer under it…

and threw them together with some double sided tape to make this:

******************

Are you wondering what this box is FOR yet?

******************

Next you get to come up with romantic ideas for you and your man in the bedroom! Or you’re welcome to download some of my wild Married Diva Suggestions here!

We’re almost done… just print and cut them into strips,

roll them around a pencil and hold for a second to make nice little curly Qs,

and fill your WILD box with them!

Now, for the fun part! Surprise your husband with an idea you pulled from the box or better yet, let him pick an idea. This is a craft he surely will appreciate your effort in making!

****************

Whether you’re newlyweds or have been married for quite some time, there’s no better time than now to remind your spouse that you are WILD about him and only him, and that he’s still got it!

This Post Is Linked Up To:

Under $100 Linky Party

Transformation Thursdays

I Made It!

Show Off Your Stuff

Get Your Craft On

Strut Your Stuff

18 Responses to “WILD about you!”

1. Kristen says:

I love this! I can't wait to surprise Jason with my own.

2. Tara says:

I think this is SUCH a great idea, girly! Your tutorial is SO laid out! And more than 100 people have downloaded your sayings…..too bad their moms & dads forgot to teach them how to say "thank you"! :) You ROCK!

3. Mod Podge Amy says:

Very cute!!!

4. Stephanie says:

What a great idea!! Too cute!

5. Katie says:

Thanks ladies! I love all your ideas! Thanks for making a blog so others can use your creativity!

6. Mitchell Family says:

Ok I just made this for my hubby and he is ready every idea you gave and can't wait for the kids to go to bed:) Thanks for the idea!!

7. Lisa says:

Saving my box for Doms big 3-0! Thanks Kiirst!

8. Angie says:

So cute! I can't wait to make one! I tried several times to download your Married Diva Suggestions, and it won't allow me to open it. :(

9. Tara says:

Angie – when you click on the link…there will be a BLUE "download" button. Click on that, it will make you wait about 20 seconds…and then a link will appear that you need to click on…and it will download. Good Luck!

10. Clayton Family says:

Hooray! Great anniversary present! I'm so excited. Thanks!!

11. Jacob and Kimberly Palmer says:

I love this idea! And the website in general :) Thanks so much!!

12. Amanda says:

I simply cannot wait to make this one!! I am new to your site but I am loving everything that i have seen so far!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU :)

13. Maggie says:

This is so cute! Too bad I’m 9 months prego right now so this will have to wait… haha but it will be a good way to reconnect once I have this baby and we’re both too worn out from taking care of 2 kids! I just found your guys’ sight today & I think I’ve read almost every post already! I can’t wait to incorporate all of your clever date nights into our soon-to-be super-crazy-hectic lives!

14. Caitlin says:

It won’t let me download or open the Married Diva Suggestions either. Can you email it to me? I am so excited about these and really want to do this with my hubby. Thanks so much, and for this site too-it is tasteful and fun!

15. Mery says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!! I’m thinking of making a “less obvious” box that he can keep on his nightstand (as supposedly decoration) So it will be ready to use at any time “inspiration” hits!
    And Thank you for the printable ideas.. amazing!!

16. K Lee says:

Thanks so much for this idea!! This will be a great anniversary present!!

17. Sarah says:

I love this!! Always looking for new ideas. I did the ” 52 things I love about you” on the deck of cards-he loved it! Always doing and looking for more fun ideas. I signed up for the emails and I’m excited about the stocking one and the hanging countdown to Christmas and a few others!!! YAY!!! Today where everyone gives up and the focus is on them…. We need to deliberately pursue and love our husband or someone else will…. The grass is greener where you water & fertilize it… I was married at 18 and now 41…..HE’S STILL THE ONE!!!! I’m wild about him!!!! THANK YOU LADIES!! ; )

P.S. ummmm ” doing laundry” that’s our code name for s-x. actually gets rid of headaches!!! (Especially tension headaches) so just a FYI how my hubby loves to get rid of my headaches ; ) lol