November 4, 2010

Flirty Apron Tutorial

Being a busy wife and mom, I tend to spent a decent amount of my time in the kitchen.  Let’s be honest, when you’re in the kitchen – your first thought isn’t about your appearance, right?!?  You are focused on getting the meal prepped!!  Who knew that throwing on a SUPER cute apron would not only change the way you feel about yourself….BUT…it would be a “turn-on” to the hubby as well!?!   I have seen these types of cutesy aprons everywhere and I’d been dying to make one of my very own.  I made it extra flirty for my husband, too!  I’m SO excited to share with you a tutorial on how to make a “flirty” apron just in time for Thanksgiving.  Here is a “sneak peek”….

So go get cookin’ and flirtin’ with my free Flirty Apron Tutorial that walks you through a step-by-step process on how to make this amazing apron.  It can be used in more ways than just cooking in the kitchen. *WINK* I know my husband loves this one I made, I bet your husband will too!

If you aren’t crafty and just want to purchase an Flirty Apron on a sweet sale, the online Flirty Aprons store has their Blue Chocolate Apron on Sale!   FLASH SALE: Monday only. 50% off the Womens Original Blue Chocolate apron with code CHOCOLATE50 Blue-Chocolate-Womens-Flirty-Apron-Front

Linked Up to;
Somewhat SimpleFireflys and JellybeansHouse of HepworthsPaisley Passionsseven thirty threeKatie’s Nesting SpotGet your Craft onIt’s Sew Stinkin cuteBeyond the Picket FenceThe Shabby Chic Cottage

58 Responses to “Flirty Apron Tutorial”

1. Krysti says:

I just made this apron as a gift for my mom. It turned out great! Thanks for the tutorial and pattern.

2. Kristen kristen says:

just click on the “free flirty apron tutorial” text and it should start downloading

3. Caroline says:

I love this! May I have your permission to feature it on http://www.sewcanshe.com? I’ll link back to you for the actual tutorial, of course. Please drop me a line to let me know.

Thanks!

Caroline

4. melle e. says:

:( I have tried to get to the pdf several times. It keeps telling me there’s not enough information for the images??? I don’t know what’s wrong. Can you look into it?

5. Jodie says:

Love the pattern! May I have your permission to use it for a church group activity?

6. sarah. s says:

I really like your apron and would like to make one for myself but the tutorial link is not working for me. By chance can you send me the link? my email is dance440@yahoo.com Thank you

7. Missi says:

Hi Kristen!

I’m a teenage beginning seamstress, and I would love to sew this apron for my mom for Christmas. Unfortunately, the PDF download is only displaying the first two pages of the tutorial. :( I double checked to ensure that Adobe was up to date on my computer and everything looks fine. Is there any way that you could check the PDF to see what’s wrong or send the tutorial to me by email?

Thank you so much!

8. Lisa says:

Fantastic idea! I love this. I saw it 2 days ago…and today, I’m all ready to sew it up! I am going to use this in connection with the “COUPLES CAFE” you posted & possibly with the “HOT-N-READY” pizza post. :o] Except without the pizza in it…I’ll put in it, whatever I decide to make for dinner!

I’m loving’ this so much!
    woot woot….here I go!

9. Breklyn says:

Thanks so much for the great tutorial! I’m making 12 of these for christmas presents and I have been very pleased with how cute they have turned out. Easy pattern to follow, and they look like someone made them who actually knows how to sew (not me). 3 down and 9 more to go!

10. melissa says:

I can only see the directions not the actual pattern. :( could you email me?

11. Donna says:

As you will tell from my question, I am a new at sewing. how much material will I need? I’m thinking 1 yard not quite enough

12. Kathleen says:

I made a Flirty Apron today for my Brother’s Girlfriend. Perfect Christmas gift!! Thank you so much for offering this tutorial. I’m a sewing novice so there were parts of this that were a little challenging (ruffle!) but it turned out really cute. I’m very proud of it. Thanks again!

13. Vanessa says:

I made it a while ago but forgot to post – I’m starting my second apron today – exciting! Check it out here: http://leatherandabel.com/omg-i-made-an-apron/

14. Angie Watson says:

I made one all in white I loved it. One evening I jokingly put it on my husband!

15. Alana says:

I love the apron! I read the tutorial, but could not download the pattern :(.
    Any chance you could send it to me via email? Would love to try to make this apron :)

16. Debbie Grasley says:

Love the pattern. I am going to make it for my niece who just started her own compnay, “Sugar Me Sweet Cupcakes”. I found cupcake fabric that will work wonderful! Thanks for sharing!!!

17. Kristen kristen says:

Glad you like it! That fabric sounds really cute!

18. Brenda Helfrick says:

Hi there I am so glad to have come upon your tutorial. I have started my project but am having problems with the ruffles, pinning them and then sewing them. I have folded my fabric about an inch over and over but not sure how to go about sewing it. I have started to sew it several time and it becomes about 8″ long???? that is not right… What am I doing wrong.???