March 31, 2011

I’m Pregnant… April Fools!

Yep I did this April Fool’s joke on my hubby last year and it was hilarious!
*Caution: We wouldn’t recommend this prank if your husband and you are trying for a baby or this joke would just be mean!  We are very aware of the hardship many couples go through in dealing with infertility and we are not posting this to hurt anyone’s feelings. :)  This was merely a “successful” past prank that we thought we would pass along to you.

I bought a Pregnancy Test from The Dollar Tree:

Then I had my cute pregnant friend, Elaina, pee on it for me!  Thanks, Elaina!

Here’s my husband’s reaction:

We had a one-year-old at the time and he was just NOT ready for another one.  We got a great laugh out of it.
What fun pranks do you have planned for your spouse tomorrow?

Check out Kiirsten’s Comedy Date, for some great inspiration for prank ideas.  You’ll be rolling on the floor laughing after seeing each other’s reactions.

After all, “The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.” -E.E. Cummings

11 Responses to “I’m Pregnant… April Fools!”

1. Nisha says:

This is so stinkin hilarious! I just may be taking a trip to the dollar store for a pregnancy test! That would mean I need to start feeling nauseous today!

2. kristi says:

Ha ha ha! Kristen, I totally did this exact prank 3 years ago. My daughter was 5 months old. :)

3. Sandi says:

Kristen his face is priceless in those pictures. Poor guy! I laughed really hard :)

4. Michelle P says:

LOL!!! This is totally an idea I had for sure!! If you buy the cheapy ones, they “turn” positive after sitting for a while and you can just use that if you don’t have a preggo friend available :)

5. Kristen says:

Dang. So would, but it’s that time of the month, and he knows it. :P

6. Nicole Gardiner says:

I was planning to do this. I even bought the test then my monthly gift came today, so that blew it. Maybe next year. It is a great idea though!

7. The Student says:

LOL! My husband would NOT appreciate the humor in this one little bit. But I think its kind of funny. I love the husband’s reactions. Those faces were worth one thousand words. Great post.

8. Kim says:

Love it! Wouldn’t work for us though- I’m 9 months pregnant haha
    BUT if little miss decides to arrive on April fools we plan in borrowing an additional new born for an announcement :p “surprise it’s twins” haha

9. Becky says:

My husband would get so depressed if I did this to him. We’ve been going through infertility :-( I do think its pretty hilarious though for those who could pull it off!!

1. [...] on April Fool’s Day? Read this recap of one wife’s big gag before you do: Here’s I’m Pregnant, April Fools! from The Dating [...]