These “hot rocks” are all over the Internet right now. It is easy and fun to do – get your kids involved! My little guy is too small, so I did it myself. Here’s what you do:
- Go outside and find yourself some rocks. Preferably flat on at least one side.
- Soak them in some water – get the dirt and bugs off. 🙂
- Line a baking sheet with some tinfoil and put your rocks on the sheet.
- Pop them in the oven for about 15 min. at 350 degrees – or whatever. Just get them hot!
- Pick your color scheme and unwrap some crayons! Don’t have a big bag of crayons like me? Well, you are in luck. It is back to school time and crayons are on sale for a quarter pretty much everywhere!
- Pull them out and carefully color any design you want on your rocks! Be careful not to TOUCH the rocks. They will burn you.
As we were driving home, I handed my husband these three notes and told him to choose what level of a ROCKSTAR he thought he was – Amateur, Quick Learner, or Professional Rocker.
- Amateur – You amateur rockstar will finish the night by learning from the best. Watch the movie “School of Rock.” (Which we own and is one of my husband’s favorites.)
- Quick Learner – You quick learner rockstar can reflect on the good and areas to improve. Look to the stars. (Which means, take a blanket outside and look at the stars.)
- Professional Rockstar – So you think you are a professional rockstar – PROVE IT! Let’s play a little Rockband. You can download the labels for the notes below.
Not everyone has access to these movies/games, so do what fits for you! You don’t even have to give all three options. You could just choose one if you want. And for the record, my husband chose the “Quick Learner” but then wanted to see what they all said. When he saw we could watch “School of Rock” he changed his level. 🙂
Don’t forget the Rockstar Rejuvenator’s for whichever activity you choose!
(And FYI – Pop Rocks are ridiculously hard to find! I did finally spot them at the Dollar Tree of all places.)
We put in the movie and popped some Pop Rocks – love that fizzle! And to end the night I made my husband play the game of who can get their Starburst wrapper off in their mouth first – you know, to see who is the better kisser! I won! 🙂