February is the month for LoVe!! So for our Movie pick this month…we went with a classic that you can’t help but enjoy! Our pick?
Romeo & Juliet
There are two ways you can do this date! Choose to stay in and rent one of the older versions OR get out on the town and check out the latest version of this classic story……………..
We’ve all been reading Shakespeare’s work since we were in Junior High School…or at least I was. No matter how many times we try we just can’t seem to get away from Romeo & Juliet. Why? Some say it’s the greatest love story ever told…some of you may feel differently. Either way, when I think true romance…I think of Romeo & Juliet.
Want to make your movie night this month extraordinary? Here are some easy and fun ideas that you might want to try out…
The morning of your date leave him a note saying:
“O Romeo, Romeo! Wherefore art thou Romeo?”
Meet me tonight!
Ways you can leave this handwritten note??
Written in lipstick on the mirror, like Tara did on her Lost Date!
Write the message on paper and leave it in a spot that he’d be surprised to find a note. Examples: the dashboard of his car, his shoe, his pants pocket, his wallet, etc.
- Choose some comfortable outfits for watching the movie. Lay out a nightie for you and a robe for him! Anticipation is a good thing! 😉
- Get some glass bowls or small vases. Fill them with water, rose petals, and floating tea lights. Place the bowls on furniture in the room you’ll be enjoying the movie in. Don’t forget to light the candles during the movie. Tip: Check your local dollar store for these items.
- For your movie snack, pick treats that include anything dipped in chocolate. Chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate pretzels, Pockys or Fudge-Striped cookies. YUM!
- Since Robes and nighties are not an option, dress to impress your Romeo! When going to a theatre heels are a great choice because you get the look you want without being on your feet the whole night. 🙂 Don’t forget to entice him with his favorite scent of perfume.
- Make these cute lil’ Gnomes before the movie! If you have kiddos….you could get them involved during the day to help you. Check out this link for the instructions on how to put together these little guys! Take a handful with you to the theatre to share……don’t forget to leave some with the kiddos!
After the movie, test your Shakespearean Lingo.
I went ahead and compiled a list of famous Romeo and Juliet quotes! YAY for you, the work is done!
Once printed, cut them out and put them in a bowl. Now you’re ready to play!
Take turns drawing a quote. Read it out loud and then translate it for your date. Go the extra mile and see if you can name who said that quote.
Have fun with it. Reward your date for a job well done by “kissing by the book”. Or at least that’s what Juliet calls it after her first kiss with Romeo! 😉
On that note I leave you with this: “Parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say good night till it be morrow.”