March 2, 2013

We’re Hiring Two Assistants!

Help-Wanted2

Yes, that is right! The Dating Divas are looking for TWO amazing women to add to our team to assist our two LEAD divas!

We are excited to announce that we will be expanding our “Dating Diva” team… by TWO ASSISTANTS! :) Our speedy growth is overwhelming, exciting, and full of promise! We want to deliver the best and ONLY the best to our readers so we are looking to bring on a couple more talented individuals to assist our Founder, Tara & our Marketing Head, Nisha. ALL of the information regarding these two positions are listed below.

Qualities We Are Looking For:

• Strong skills in organization, prioritization, & time management
  • Must possess Project Management Skills {A MUST!}
  • Fun to work with
  • Creativity {you may be prepping posts…}
  • Experience with blogging {Blogger/Blogspot – OK, WordPress – AWESOME!!}
  • EXTREMELY Efficient at Editing {A MUST!}
  • Able to commit to a year-long partnership or longer
  • Passionate about what we do on our website & excitement to help promote strengthening marriage
  • Photoshop Skills is a HUGE bonus!!! {This will get you brownie points!!}

Responsibilities:

• Replying to emails
  • Communicating with Webmaster on Tech Issues
  • Communicating with Diva Team on Skype on a weekly basis
  • Helping/Prepping Posts for Website
  • Editing Posts for Website
  • Prepping virtual newsletters
  • Social Media
  • Heading up different projects we’re starting
  • Customer Service for our products
  • Helping with our community {separate website}/answering emails
  • Assisting with our Affiliate Program
  • Communicating with other websites on big projects
  • Creating/maintaining Google Docs
  • SEO Knowledge/Implementation
  • Updating our Media Kit

Other:

• This is a paid position – DOE
  • This will be a part-time job, although, while training & learning the “ropes” – it may seem closer to a full-time job. The hours put in each week will all depend on how efficient you are. We have a set of tasks that the assistants will need to complete, which will vary every week. At first, things will take you longer, which is why we’ll have a training period in place. Once the assistants are comfortable with the tasks at hand, then the projects will go a lot faster. It would definitely be a part-time job, BUT the individuals would need to be absolutely amazing & have all of the qualities/skills/knowledge listed above in order to complete the tasks in a timely manner. This is our first time bringing on assistants. We’re handing off a chunk of our workload to them, so we’ll have to play it by ear to see how many hours a week they will have to put in.
  • All applications need to be emailed in by March 16th.
  • Our decision will be made by the end of March.

How To Apply:

{This is a 3-Step Process. We are SUPER selective about who we bring on our team & with these two new additions working closely with our TOP divas, they need to be the perfect matches. :)}

• STEP #1) Answer the following 12 questions (just copy and paste them into your email to us). Email it to divateamposition@gmail.com by Saturday, March 16th. Title your email with, “Assistant Position – (Your Name).” If you have a professional resume,  please attach it to your email.  If you have photoshop experience, whether it be in editing photos OR graphics – please attach a sample of what you can do.

1. What is your full name – first & last?
    2. What is your phone number & the BEST email address with which to reach you?
    3. Tell us a little about yourself so we can get to know you. {We’d also love to know a little about your family.}
    4. Give us a detailed paragraph about your background as far as WORK experience goes.
    5. Do you have a Facebook Profile? If yes, please insert a link to it here:
    6. Do you have a Twitter or Instagram Profile? If yes, please insert a link to it here:
    7. What city & state do you live in?
    8. What skills do you have that would contribute to making you the best candidate for an assistant?
    9. What talents do you have on top of the qualities that we listed that you could “bring to the table?”
    10. Why do you want to be an assistant for our team?
    11. How did you hear about our website?
    12. Are you reliable enough to depend on for a year commitment?  Is there anything that would interfere with committing to a year-long partnership?
  • STEP #2) A reply email will be sent with more specific details regarding these positions. After reading that, you will need to fill out a form {link will be in that email}.
  • STEP #3) We will review all of the applicants who filled out the form & narrow it down to our top ten favorites. We’ll then send out an email asking you to complete a few things for us to make sure it’s the perfect fit. Once we hear back from all ten, we’ll make our decision.
  • We’re hoping to have our two assistants chosen by the end of March, so training can start the beginning of April.

If you are interested, we’d LOVE to see your application!!  We can’t WAIT to work with two more amazing people!!

Filed under Tara · Tagged with , , ,

43 Responses to “We’re Hiring Two Assistants!”

1. Monica says:

Can you tell me approximately how many hours per week this is? Is it a full-time position or part-time? Thanks!

• Tara Tara says:

Hey Monica!

This will be a part-time job, although, while training & learning the “ropes” – it may seem closer to a full-time job. The hours put in each week will all depend on how efficient you are. We have a set of tasks that the assistants will need to complete, which will vary every week. At first, things will take you longer, which is why we’ll have a training period in place. Once the assistants are comfortable with the tasks at hand, then the projects will go a lot faster. It would definitely be a part-time job, BUT the individuals would need to be absolutely amazing & have all of the qualities/skills/knowledge listed above in order to complete the tasks in a timely manner. This is our first time bringing on assistants. We’re handing off a chunk of our workload to them, so we’ll have to play it by ear to see how many hours a week they will have to put in.

• Mary says:

Hey :) I sent in my application earlier, and haven’t had step #2 yet to show up. Was wondering if I should email another? I love this opportunity, and really think it’s for me!!!

2. Chantal says:

Are these full or part time positions?

• Tara Tara says:

Hey Chantal!

3. Hi ladies!

Just had a friend e-mail this link to me. Sounds absolutely PERFECT! Can’t wait to get home and reply to all the questions. Thanks for posting abt such a great oppportunity!

I am really excited!

4. Allie S says:

Good morning,
    I just wanted to confirm that the positions are telecommuting positions, as I didn’t see a location. Also, will the pay be hourly or salary, given that more hours will be needed while learning? Finally, is the position over after a year, or is that just a minimum commitment?
    Thank you!

5. Marci says:

How much can the assistants expect to earn? And how will you pay them?

• Tara Tara says:

As mentioned in the post, pay will DOE. :) More details will be sent to the applicants after the applications are submitted.

6. Kylielew says:

I applied to be an assistant this morning because I love The Dating Divas and what you guys do! This would be such a fun opportunity for me :) Thanks so much!

7. Emily says:

Hello!

Is it only a position open to the U.S? I live in Europe but will be thrilled to work with you!!

Thanks so much,

Em.

8. Darlene says:

It sounds like an awesome job. I have been job searching for what feels like forever.

9. Glee says:

I have been anxiously awaiting this post for weeks now! I am so very thrilled to apply!

10. Talia says:

This is SOOOO exciting!!!!!! When will I receive the reply e-mail (step 2)?

11. Monica B says:

I submitted my application the other day and look forward to hearing back soon.

12. Sara Huebner says:

I have sent my application 3 times and still haven’t received the additional information mail… help! I would hate to miss out on this opportunity – it sounds AMAZING and EXACTLY what I’m looking for!

• Tara Tara says:

Hi Sara! Which email address are you sending it to? The 2nd part should automatically be generated & sent to you once you send in your application to the address specified above.

• Monica B says:

Same for me, no auto-response.

• Lauren Mullins says:

Hi fellow worry warts ;) Just heard back from dating divas via a facebook post and they found a bunch of applications in their spam folder. Just an update, cause if you’re anything like me you’ve been stalking this post this week hahah Y’all have a great weekend!

13. Christina Argo says:

I also never got the second email. :-(

14. Hannah says:

Same here. Was curious when I would receive directions for step 2, but looks like I’m not the only one. Will be looking forward to it!

15. Jennifer S. says:

I sent in my application to divateamposition@gmail.com and did not receive an automated email either.

16. Katie Clark says:

Like everyone else on here, I never received any autoresponse. I sent it from katie.eb.clark@gmail.com to divateamposition@gmail.com

17. Amanda says:

Hello,

Just wanted to add that I also submitted my application a few days ago and have not gotten the reply email. Have you gotten it? Should I resend?

Thanks!

18. Mackenzie says:

I also have not received a reply email!

19. Marci says:

I sent in my application to divateamposition@gmail.com as well and no auto-generated response yet. Thank you for this opportunity! Looking forward to hearing back from you.

20. Talia says:

I have not received my second one either!!

21. Bekah says:

Just sent in my application! So excited for this opportunity!! :)

22. Ginny says:

I sent my application in as well and didn’t receive an automated response. I hope to hear back from you lovely ladies!

AN UPDATE ON OUR ASSISTANT OPENINGS – if you have applied, we have either sent you onto “Round 2″ OR let you know that we’ll be moving forward with others. If you have not received an email at ALL from us, please check your spam folder. We’ve replied to all 400+ emails so far! WHEW! Can’t wait to find the magical two new peeps to add to our team! {P.S. If you have submitted your “Round 2″ stuff – hang in there. We’ll get back to you in the next two weeks. We have a LOT of applications to go thru!}

…when you apply initially, we are no longer letting the auto-generated email go out. We are assessing the applications as they come in & deciding which ones should go onto Round 2. :) Good Luck to all!

25. Amanda says:

What an awesome opportunity! I have sent my application and finished Round 2….Can’t wait to hear from you!!!

1. [...] You can start your application on The Dating Divas Website . [...]