August 16, 2011

The “CLUE” Date

We are SO excited to have Stephanie BACK!  Remember her popular date titled, The Fate Burger?  She came up with another great idea!  Here she is….

*     *     *      *     *     *      *     *     *

I’m so glad to do another guest blog for Dating Divas! I’m Stephanie, from My Life as a Wife!

When I saw the board game CLUE at my friend’s house, I decided that would be the perfect theme for a group date.

So I picked two couples I thought would get into the party theme and assigned them all Characters. I made these great announcements - I took green card stock, printed a thumb print on one side and then I printed the announcement on the other side.  I included character cards of who they were assigned to come as and weapon cards for them to bring.  Then I stuck the whole thing in a one of those tan envelopes and wrote confidential on the front to make it look like the envelope you use in the game.  I included a PDF with everything you will need to make the announcements. Click HERE to download!

We had dinner together and admired everyone’s costumes. Then we broke out the board game and played a good old game of Clue.

It was Mr. Green, in the Lounge with the Candlestick.  Watch out Miss Scarlet!

After the game we took pictures and watched the movie, “Clue.” For those of you who haven’t seen the movie - it is a great comedy and fun mystery.

On a sidenote, I just want to brag that Ms. White and Professor Plum had their first date at our house and are now happily married. One of my favorite dates!

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

Doesn’t this group look like SO much fun to hang out with?!?  Very clever date…and SO easy to pull off!  Stephanie provided you with all the printables!  I also thought this would be fun to do around Halloween time!!  Your cute costume could double as your actual costume for Halloween day!  Thanks, Stephanie!!

8 Responses to “The “CLUE” Date”

1. Erika Erika says:

What a fun themed group date. I wonder if I could convince my husband to dress up for this one…Thanks again, Stephanie!

2. Kiirsten Kiirsten says:

Sweet idea, Stephanie! Love your creativity!

3. Wendy Wendy says:

This turned out so cute Stephanie! Thanks for sharing another awesome idea!! ;)

STEPH! We love having you as a Guest Blogger! Such a cute idea! :)

5. Ali says:

We did this too! Except we had the couples dress as whatever they liked, and then when they got there, we had them write game cards for their character, their murder weapon, and the place of death. We were able to add more people that way, too.

6. Cara says:

I have actually been doing something like this for years…only as a Murder Party. My father wrote his own murder mystery complete with clues, police reports, coroners report and various other things. We invite 3 couples and assign them a character with how to dress and their character profile. They come to our house and my husband and I are the maid and butler. We make a fancy dinner and hand out various clues and they each have to figure out who the murderer is. We play games in between clues to break things up a bit. I try to do it around Halloween but sometimes I do it as a New Year’s Eve party as well. The winner gets a prize (usually the movie “Clue” or “The Man Who Knew Too Little”) and we send each couple home with a bag of goodies as well. This has become quite the tradition in our neighborhood and each couple hopes it will be their turn to be invited! My father recently wrote a NEW one just for me for my 30th Birthday so now I get to invite all of the “old” couples again for a new murder mystery!