August 16, 2012
If you’re like me, then your hubby travels A LOT! I miss him terribly, but I know he misses my son and I more…. sitting alone in his hotel room at night! To wave those lonely moments, I took the elementary activity, Flat Stanley, and created a FUN spin-off with Flat Hubby! For those of you who aren’t familiar, you can check out http://www.flatstanley.com/about for the full 411!
What is Flat Hubby!?
Flat Hubby is your “step-in” husband while your real one is away. He is a paper doll replica of your cutie, made for easy transportation to all your days’ activities. While you’re out and about, take pictures of you (and your kids) with the paper doll and text them to your hubby so he feels like he’s right there with you! My hubby LOVES getting pictures throughout the day and it makes his trip much easier!
Making YOUR Flat Hubby
EASY! Here’s a material list:
- Neutral colored paper
- 2 pieces of patterned or colorful paper
- A picture of your CUTIE
- Glue and Scissors
- On the neutral piece of paper, draw an outline of a person OR find a picture of a body you can trace.
- Using your two patterned or colorful pieces of paper, make a t-shirt and pants for your hubby. (I’m sure we all like our Hubby’s nude, but NOT in public! )
- Cut out your cutie’s face, from the picture you selected, to use for the paper doll’s head. You can draw a face if you’d like… but I prefer the REAL thing!
- Lastly, glue the clothing and face to the body… and VOILA you have your Flat Hubby!
** Remember, your flat hubby doesn’t have to be perfect, just like your real hubby, you love him for his flaws and ALL!
Check out the Miss U Card, by Erika, as another way to show your hubby you’re thinking of him while he’s away!
20 Responses to “Flat Hubby”
Recent TrackbacksCheck out what others are saying about this post...
Leave A Comment
OOoooohhh!! We LOVE comments! Thanks for leavin' us some "love"! P.S. If you want a pic to show up next to your comments, go get a gravatar!