June 8, 2012
A Fabulous Long Distance Idea
Seriously! This was a hard decision. I am not lying when I say that there were so many fabulous ideas submitted for the “Long Distance” category! I wanted to pick all of them! But, it is now THAT time! Drum roll, please… bu-dump-bsh! And the winner is… STEPHANIE!!! With the “Keep Him Thinking of You” idea.
“Keep Him Thinking of You”
Here is Stephanie to share her thoughts word-for-word!
* * * * *
So I have to say I am terribly spoiled and blessed with my husband being a teacher. It means that his work schedule is not as long and he even has summers off, I love having him home more even if he works from home! So I have to admit that we haven’t had a whole lot of separation in our marriage of three years and that is just fine with me.
However this summer my husband has to attend an “education conference” that happened to be a week long and since it is at a very nice place in the middle of nowhere we couldn’t really figure out a way that I could join him, especially with two little toddlers. So as I was dreading the looming week of separation, I decided to put all my energy into planning surprises for my husband while he was away. I wanted him to be thinking about me the whole time he was gone and to bring him smiles throughout the long days of boring seminars. So here are some of the ideas that I came up with while preparing for our separation:
1) First I decided to prepare some “special” boudoir pictures for my husband that I took myself and made them into wallets then divided them up for him to have one for each day. I put them in little envelopes with sweet love notes to remind him of my love.
2) I found small containers that were used for wedding favors that I filled with my husband’s favorite candies like Reese’s Pieces, Skittles, etc. and have one for each day that he can slip into his pocket for the meetings when he needs a sugar boost.
3) I also packed some snacks for his hotel room and some favorite movies for in the evenings when he has some down time.
4) I put some ‘unmentionables’ in surprising places to make him smile and think about me when he sees it… places such as compartments in the suitcase (I get to help him pack), in his pant pockets (imagine his surprise?), etc.
5) Last but not least, I bought a package of Hershey Kisses for a game for my husband to build anticipation of his being back home and in my arms. I plan on hiding chocolates all over his suitcase, car (these will be in bags just in case they melt), toiletry bag, work bag, etc. For each one that he finds he is to keep the wrapper and bring it home to redeem for a real kiss. Also for each kiss he finds he earns a point that will be used to determine the romantic evening we will have when he returns. The point system is on THIS printable card, that is in his suitcase.
All these little things are to show that I am thinking about him and to keep him thinking about me and eager to come home!
* * * * *
This cute idea makes me excited to plan this surprise when my hubby leaves! I want to thank everyone who submitted an entry into the long-distance category, they truly were all great ideas!
We love hearing from you too! You can always submit it to the “Submit an Idea” link on our site too! We’d LOVE to highlight ANY of your amazing ideas!!!
9 Responses to “A Fabulous Long Distance Idea”
Leave A Comment
OOoooohhh!! We LOVE comments! Thanks for leavin' us some "love"! P.S. If you want a pic to show up next to your comments, go get a gravatar!