July 15, 2011

My Hubby’s Cute Art!

Cami - My Hubby's Cute Art - Pinterest Pic

I’m SO excited to be able to BRAG about my amazing husband.  He is the cutest thing EVER!  He is always going out of his way to make me happy and help with the kids and I am just SO grateful for him.

I want to tell you about the cute gifts he has given me in the past.  When Joseph gives a gift, he wants it to be special and from the heart.  He feels like homemade gifts or sharing his talents (….like learning a romantic song on his guitar and surprising me by singing it to me - I LOVE that!) are the best.

Back when we were just dating, he was in medical school and didn’t have a ton of money.  For my birthday, he made me a homemade book all about how we met and illustrated it using his great art talents – stick figures!  I was SO impressed with the effort he put into this cute book.  I LOVED reading his version of our first encounter together.  I bragged about this book and showed it to ALL my family and friends.  It was (and still is) one of my most treasured possessions.

Since then he has given me 2 more ‘chapters’ of the book.  One of the first trip we took together with friends and the other about how he proposed to me.

What I LOVE about this, is I look forward to when he is going to add more chapters to ‘OUR story’ and it is all about using materials from home and his talents with illustrating.  For those of you who don’t have ANY art talent (which includes me), this is so great because even I can pull off a good stick figure!

Thanks Joseph for all the cherished memories and I can’t WAIT until I get the next chapter of our book!  I LOVE you!

12 Responses to “My Hubby’s Cute Art!”

1. Maria-Isabel says:

Oh my goodness.. this is the cutest thing EVER! I love when a guy can do handmade/heartfelt stuff! That’s awesome. My hubby also plays the guitar and sings… he wrote a song for me and I love when he sings it. :)

• Cami Cami says:

Thanks so much for your comment Maria-Isabel! I absolutely LOVE my books! And isn’t it SO sexy when a man can play the guitar and sing?! Love it!!!!

2. Wendy Wendy says:

Cute story book, what a creative gift!

3. What a wonderful gift given from the heart! The chapters look great!

Love it, Cams! Eek……did he say your friends turned him off a bit? Were we that much of punks! There were just SOOOOOO many other guys at that dance, we couldn’t choose, right?? lol Still can’t believe both you AND Kat met your future husbands on that road trip! Were we inspired or what?? LOVE YOU!

• Cami Cami says:

OMG!!! Tons of laughs! No, we didn’t turn him off because we were punks, it was because Kat and I were just a LITTLE too hyper! Maybe he was just jealous because we were having SO much more fun than he was! Love you!!!!!

5. Kiirsten Kiirsten says:

One word: TENDER!!!!!! Keep these forever and ever! Thanks for sharing, Cams!

6. Cami Cami says:

Thanks Kiirst! You know these are in my treasure box :)

7. Danielle says:

My husband isn’t a singer nor does he play any instrument but in the past when we slowed danced together he would sing in my ear. I LOVE IT! I wish he did it more often but those moments stand out to me. His junior prom, our wedding, family weddings, my cousin’s engagement party, etc.

• Cami Cami says:

Oohhh…don’t you just LOVE little things like that?!!! My husband only plays his guitar for me on special occasions – and EVERY time he does, I EAT IT UP!!!! Love the cute little memories that stand out. Aaaahhhh…