Graduation Card Box and Other Ideas
Do you know someone who is graduating? What an amazing time of their life to celebrate! Without a doubt, successfully graduating from preschool, high school, college, grad school or anywhere in between is a HUGE accomplishment! If you know someone graduating soon, then this is the post for you! First, we’ve gathered some of the absolute best graduation ideas out there, including party themes, decor and food ideas, and even picture inspiration. Second, we’ve included one of the BEST ideas for graduates to keep track of all the cards they receive: a graduation card box! No matter what type of graduation ideas you’re looking to find, you’re sure to find some inspiration here!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. To learn more about ’em, click here.
Before we dive in, let’s recall that graduation is such an important and momentous occasion for everyone. It represents hours of study, years of hard work, and in some cases, pretty big sacrifices. Once you’ve finally hit that graduation day, you really want to remember and celebrate all that hard work. With the ideas we’ve put together here, YOU can help make graduation day one to remember for that special graduate!
To make browsing these ideas easier, we’ve divided them into categories. Below you’ll find…
- Graduation Card Box Ideas
- Printable and DIY Grad Card Ideas
- Graduation Party Ideas
- Grad Party Food Ideas
- Party Decoration Ideas
- Graduation Picture Ideas
To clarify, ANY of these ideas would be winners for celebrating your graduate. But thankfully, we’ve compiled so many options that you’ll be able to find what best represents your graduate and their hard work the best!
Ready to get to these graduation ideas? Let’s go!
Graduation Card Boxes
One of the most customary graduation tokens is a card that says “Well done!” “You did it!” or “Way to go!” On that note, where should you put all the cards for the graduate during the party? This section is all about graduation card box ideas! Some are so simple to make, it will probably only take you a few minutes! Other’s have extra special details that are sure to make them pop. Regardless of which way you go, these are a fun addition to any graduation party!
- Graduation Cap Box – This cute DIY card box is simple to make and pleasing to the eye! Any way to tie in that graduation cap and tassel is a win! (Or simply order your own pre made card box!)
- DIY Photo Frame Card Box – Photos of the graduate along the way are the perfect way to honor them at their graduation party. Therefore, throw together this graduation card box using photos!
- Wood Graduation Card Box – Have a simple wood box laying around? Unquestionably, it would make a darling accent to the graduation party and a perfect card box!
- Collage Basket – Any way to demonstrate the hard work and sacrifice of the graduate through pictures of the years is a great idea to us! That being said, this collage basket would be so cute!
- Sports Themed Card Box – If your graduate is a sports lover or player, this is quite possibly the coolest graduation card box we’ve ever seen!
- Suitcase – Simple and classic, this suitcase for a graduation card box is a wonderful idea! String a simple “Cards” banner across it and you’re good to go!
- Bucket For Cards – For starters, this idea is just plain adorable! Secondly, it would only take a few minutes to put together!
- Mailbox Card Holder – Something about a little mailbox is nostalgic to us. On that note, this would be a fun way to honor the graduate with a little throw back style!
- DIY Hand-lettered Box – This creative and homemade graduation card box turned out stunning. Not to mention, it’s quick and painless to create!
Graduation Card Ideas
Now on to the actual graduation cards! If you’re attending a graduation party to celebrate a graduate, then you’re likely going to show up with a card. Below we’ve listed out the cutest and most symbolic graduation card messages you’ll ever see. Without a doubt, we are sure you’ll find a fun and creative card option to choose from below! Choose from printable cards to gift card holders. Lastly, don’t forget to check out the “pop up” cards!
- Free Printable Congrats Card – Check out these three fun and bright printable “Congrats” cards, all conveniently in one place!
- Lightbulb Graduation Cards – Wish the grad a bright future with these three printable lightbulb cards!
- Paper Airplane Graduation Card – First off, this idea requires a bit of paper folding skills. However, let your grad know “The sky’s the limit” with this fun, 3D paper airplane card.
- App Store Gift Card Printable – Punny cards are our favorite! Just print this free card and attach a gift card to the app store to let your grad know he or she is “app”-solutely amazing.
- Graduation Money Holder Card – This idea is cheap and easy! Just print the card and insert however much money for the grad you want! In our experience, most graduates appreciate cold, hard cash.
- Graduation Cap Pop-Up Card– Isn’t this pop-up card fun? The tutorial looks easy, and it even includes a downloadable template.
- Graduation Cap & Gown Card– This would be an awesome card for any male graduate. I love that it includes the cap, gown, diploma, and even a tie! It would also pair perfectly with a cap or diploma graduation card box!
- Con”grad”ulations – Wish the grad con”grad”ulations with this cute card. Additionally, we just love the paper tassel!
- Graduation Bookmark – Take this idea and use it as an invitation to a graduation party, or a fun DIY graduation card!
- Graduation Gift Card Holder– This fun grad cap card has a space to insert a gift card, cash, or check. It even has two different templates to choose from. In there words, this one is a slam dunk!
- Graduation Pop-Up Gift Card Holder – Try this fun pop-up card that springs forward! There’s even a video included that shows you how to put it all together.
- Graduation Money Holder Box – Here’s a fun and easy graduation card idea! Simply follow the tutorial to make this origami graduation box, then insert some rolled up dollar bills.
- Graduation Card in a Box – Isn’t this card impressive? If you’re the crafty, card-makin’ type, you should definitely check this out.
- Graduation Exploding Box – Isn’t this a fun graduation card idea?! It’s very similar to our Exploding Love Box but with 8 sides instead of 4. A little more labor-intensive, but a dramatic presentation and would make an amazing graduation card!
Graduation Party Ideas
It’s time to THROW the graduate a party! Wahoo!! If you’re searching for graduation themes and party ideas, we’ve got you 100% covered here! Not only do we have a whole slew of ideas below, we’ve linked up to some genius party planners who will give you the inspiration you need to throw a rockin’ graduation party. Check these out!
- Celebrate – If you’re going for fun, spunky, and colorful, Frog Prince Paperie created such a fun, bright party with this “Celebrate” theme! Not to mention, she’s offering her party printables for free, too. Without hesitation, check it out!
- The Tassel was Worth the Hassle – You will be blown away when you see all these adorable graduation ideas here at Amy’s Party Ideas! Additionally, she shares the most fun and unique mortar board backdrop, graduation card box, and mason jar tassel drinks!
- Key to Success – Celebrations at Home did an amazing job carrying out this party theme with a “Keys to Success” Dessert table, DIY key favor tags, and an amazing guest table display. This is one elegant graduation party idea!
- One Smart Cookie – Get it Together used this theme and put together the most darling “One Smart Cookie” Bar. Without a doubt, every guest at this party enjoyed themselves!
- Sail Away – Your Homebased Mom has a lot of darling ideas for this nautical theme graduation party! She includes a fun photo booth, picture display, fabric pennant banners, and even a graduation card box!
- Oh, The Places You’ll Go – Although Dr. Seuss is commonly known as a childish theme, this particular title works so well for a graduation party! Therefore, enjoy a clever rhyming invitation, colorful decorations, and a Dr. Seuss guest book from this adorable post!
- Follow Your Dreams – Pink Peppermint Design went above and beyond with this fun grad party theme. Just look at that metal print and those gorgeous acrylic blocks!
- Instagram-Themed Graduation Party – Instagram is pretty much ALL the rage right now…Making this graduation party in an Instagram photo “box” from The Thinking Closet so fun! In addition, it comes with a free printable!
Graduation Party Food Ideas
People come to a party for the food…Err, okay the people too! But it’s no secret that good food will bring a good crowd! If you’re planning to celebrate your graduate in the best way possible, don’t forget to plan for the food. Not only will a good food selection draw in a crowd, but it will also keep them around well into the night for some good ol’ fashioned celebrating! Check out these food ideas below to ensure the perfect graduation party!
- Diploma Cookies – These diploma cookies are so clever and SO easy and could easily be paired with a few other dessert options. For example, cookies, brownies, or even ice cream!
- Graduation Chocolate-Covered Strawberries – How fun are these chocolate covered strawberries, adorned with a tiny cap and gown?
- Graduation Cupcake Toppers – Pretty sure this is the perfect graduation party cupcake. I mean, look at that little ribbon on the diploma!
- Graduate Cupcake Toppers – These “jumping for joy” graduate cupcake toppers scream FUN and EXCITED. Not to mention, they are a breeze to make!
- Mini Cupcake Graduation Caps – These mini graduation caps would be so fun on a big party tray.
- Chocolate Pastry “Diploma” Rolls – Okay, don’t these diploma pastry rolls look divine? Not to mention, they only require three ingredients!
- Graduation Cupcakes in Glasses – These classy graduation cakes in a glass would make an elegant statement to your party crowd!
- One Smart Cookie – Any assortment of homemade or store-bought cookies would work for this cute food display! In addition, she shares several other ideas for a graduation party, including decor, pictures, and graduation card box ideas.
- Book Worms – Why not include some gummy worms in honor of your book worm?
- School Colors Candy Jar – Looking for a simple candy display? Just fill a giant glass jar with M&Ms or other candies in the grad’s school colors.
- Graduation Candy Favors – For a sweet and simple party favor, check out these adorable grad cap Rolo candies! I love how they added a picture of the graduate to personalize it!
- Graduation Cap Bottle Toppers – Top off any bottled drinks or sodas with these cute and simple graduation caps!
- Ceramic Number Dishes – These ceramic number dishes filled with candy would be perfect for a graduation party. On the one hand you have a treat. On the other hand, you have a decoration!
- Diploma Napkins – Here’s a simple cutlery idea. Wrap up the eating utensils with paper napkins and tie them with some ribbon to resemble graduation diplomas. On top of that, this site has TONS of other graduation party ideas, including photo displays, food styling, and graduation card box ideas!
Graduation Party Decor Ideas
The party is just around the corner and you want it to look amazing in honor of your graduate! Look no further for adorable graduation decoration ideas than right here! We have everything you can imagine from photo display ideas to balloon ideas to photo booth ideas! You can check one thing off your to-do list after viewing this list: decorations!
- Giant Graduation Year Photo Collage – Take your favorite photos of your graduate to a local print shop and have them arranged in a collage pattern of their graduating year! What a statement!
- Line the Walkway or Driveway with Pictures – Not only is this idea cute, it’s super affordable! You could even line up the pics from past to present so guests can watch the graduate “grow up” as they come in.
- Graduation Yard Sign – Here’s a fun yard sign to help decorate for your party! In addition, it also lets guests know where the party is.
- Grad Wreath – Isn’t this DIY grad wreath cute?! Not only that, you can make it for less than $15!
- Photo Balloons – This is a relatively easy decoration that makes for a fancy party look!
- Graduate Life-Size Cutout– If you’re looking for a high-impact decor idea, check out this life-size graduate cut-out. Wouldn’t it make the perfect photo opportunity at the party?
- Balloon Graduate – Another option is this graduate balloon man! Isn’t he fun?
- “Oh, The Places You’ll Go” Guest Book – First, ask your guests to sign their name inside this adorable children’s book. Then, have them leave a message inside the book to keep for years to come.
- Envelope Guest Book – In addition to the guest book idea above, here’s another fun guest book idea! Simply glue envelopes inside an empty journal or notebook for guests to leave personal letters and notes in for the grad.
- Graduation Signature Guest Book Picture Frame – On the other hand, you could skip the guest book altogether and ask guests to sign a picture instead. This way, the grad can frame and hang it on their wall.
- Graduation Photo Booth Props – Set up a graduation party photo booth and capture some priceless pictures and memories of the graduate with all their friends!
- Graduation Photo Booth Backdrop – If you don’t want to make your own, here’s a fun photo booth backdrop that is perfect for a graduation party.
- Grad Cap Treat Boxes – These grad cap treat and favor boxes are pretty much the perfect party favor gift for a graduation party!
- Free Graduation Party Printables – Most importantly, check out this printable chalkboard graduation party pack from Catch My Party! They’ve done most of the work for you so that all you have to do for your graduation party is just print!
Graduation Picture Ideas
Unquestionably, pictures are required on graduation day. Whether the graduate wants them or not, photos just have to be taken to commemorate the day! Lucky for you, we’ve compiled a huge list of graduation photo ideas to inspire your picture taking. Whether you’re planning a whole graduation photo shoot, or just looking to snap a great photo of your grad in their cap and gown on graduation day, here are some great graduation photo ideas for inspiration.
- Throwing Grad Cap – Nothing shows the celebration of graduation quite like a graduation cap flying in the air.
- Graduation Sign – Just have the graduate hold up a chalkboard or poster with their graduation year, their school name, or a personal message. What graduate isn’t excited to shout out from the rooftops that they are DONE with school?!
- Graduation Year – Use giant number props or balloons to display the graduation year. Additionally, you could even have the grad show the year using his fingers.
- Blowing Glitter – Here’s a fun idea, have the graduate blow a handful of glitter toward the camera. Why? Because nothing says “party time!” like some glitter! 😉
- Class Ring – If the graduate has a class ring, make sure to capture a close-up. In addition, you could take a picture of the ring next to their diploma and cap.
- Acceptance Letter or Diploma – Acceptance letters or diplomas are great photo props for senior or graduation photo sessions!
- Silly Graduation Picture Ideas – You always need some silly pictures! The graduate has worked so hard. Make sure to capture them having FUN!
- Jump for Joy – You did it! Capture that enthusiasm with a picture that has them jumping off the ground!
And there you have it. A giant list of amazing graduation card box ideas AND other graduation ideas! Didn’t I tell you we found some fun ones?
However, don’t forget to check out our very own Graduation Kit, which comes with three FABULOUS DIY Gift Ideas for Grads. First, a Graduation Candy Gift Basket. Second, Graduation Lawn Signs. Third, a Graduation Letters Binder. Not only are each of these ideas perfect for any graduate, they work phenomenally together for one AMAZING graduation gift!
Additionally, check out our list of The Best Graduation Gifts if you’re looking for ideas on what to get the graduate!
Last but not least, make your graduates day with a big hug! After all they’ve accomplished, this will make their day the most!