Valentine’s Day At-Home Ideas
It is not uncommon to feel like Valentine’s Day should be spent OUT and about! Consider memories of years past – waiting in the overpopulated restaurant for an hour only to be squished up in between every other couple. (Yikes!) However, we decided that there had to be a better way! This year we made it a point to do Valentine’s Day at home and let me tell you, it was my FAVORITE ever! The Dating Divas wanted to help you set the mood with 50+ ideas for Valentine’s Day for him at home! Here you will see our BEST at-home Valentine’s Day ideas on how to celebrate if you can’t get a babysitter, or you don’t want to face the crazy crowds!
At-Home Dinner Ideas
If you are struggling to find dinner ideas for Valentine’s Day at home, you have come to the right place! You want romance, you want intimacy, but you can’t get to that point unless you are happily fed! First, you must get into the right mindset! Imagine the setting at a fancy restaurant. What would you expect to see and taste there? With plenty of dinner ideas below, you can recreate a romantic atmosphere with delicious food for the perfect Valentine’s Day at home! Secondly, set the dining room table with a clean tablecloth, your best dinnerware, candles, rose petals, and romantic music. And lastly, let him know you will BOTH be dressing in your finest attire! All in all, here are some AMAZING at-home Valentine’s Day dinner ideas to make your dinner for two a night you both will remember forever!
- Steakhouse Sheet Pan for Two – Because it’s simple and DELICIOUS! Now that’s a win/win!
- Pan-Seared Rib-Eye – So… are you drooling yet?
- Engagement Roast Chicken – Giving you the PERFECT chicken recipe that can be paired with just about anything! Because the world is yours!
- Lemon and Herb Roast Chicken with Baby Potatoes – Nothing better than a home-cooked meal. This will be sure to keep you feeling warm and cozy, too!
- Heart-Shaped Lasagna Bundt – Give this yummy lasagna some valentine’s magic!
- Linguini with Shrimp Scampi – Because nothing better than cuddles and carbs, am I right?
- Creamy Chicken Pot Pies – Just like your babe, these personal pot pies are golden on the outside and very warm on the inside.
- Thai Lettuce Wraps – Craving a refreshing, delicious meal for you and your sweetie? Okay, we got you!
- Oven-Baked Salmon – Pig out on this yummy meal but don’t have to unbutton your pants after? COUNT ME IN!
- One-Pan Balsamic Chicken and Asparagus – Because it’s easy and healthy! This one’s a no brainer!
- Pasta Primavera – 5 stars… 407 reviews… pasta? I think we found a winner.
- Heart-Shaped Pizza for Two – With a fun twist, you can transform a regular pepperoni pizza into a special heart-shaped treat perfect for a cute Valentine’s dinner!
Valentine’s Day Desserts
After making an effort to create a romantic dinner, top it off with a delicious valentine’s dessert! Trust me, it will be worth it! After all, here we have the yummiest and cutest Valentine-themed desserts for you and your sweetheart! From chocolate to strawberry lime, to milkshake to cobbler we were sure to cover ALL desserts just for you! Nonetheless, it just ain’t Valentine’s Day without some sexy dessert to end the night!
- Velvet Chocolate Cake – For all the chocolate lovers, is your mouth melting yet?
- Red Velvet Cake Bites – If you are looking for a rich and delicious dessert, this is the one you need to try!
- Valentine’s Day Donuts – Treat your Valentine with these adorable homemade Valentine donuts!
- Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownies – The gooier the chocolate, the better it tastes. Because that’s a fact.
- Strawberry Lime Cheesecake – Celebrate Valentine’s Day the right way. You’re going to LOVE this cheesecake.
- Homemade Chocolate Bark – Only requiring just a few supplies, chocolate bark makes a wonderful valentine’s dessert.
- Strawberry Lemon Shortcake – Give your sweetheart a REAL SWEET TREAT for Valentine’s!
- Peach Cobbler for Two – But let me repeat this. Peach. Cobbler. Okay, enough said.
- Easy Chocolate Lava Cakes for Two – This Valentine’s dessert comes together in just 25 minutes with only 6 ingredients! COUNT ME IN!
- Valentine Milkshake – Because we love you, do you prefer to drink your dessert? We got you covered!
- Flourless Fudge Cake – But this bad boy is for all of you gluten-free chocoholics out there.
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries – You honestly can’t go through Valentine’s Day without feeding your sweetie chocolate covered strawberries. IT’S A MUST!
- Chocolate Tasting – Last but not least, I had to add one of my favorite dates of all time! Because this will provide you an activity to do at home PLUS get your dessert fix in!
Ideas for Valentine’s Day for Him at Home
After all, what matters most about Valentine’s Day is that you have an opportunity to celebrate the love you share with that special someone. It is the perfect break in normal life to show YOUR person how much you love them. The commercial elements may come with high expectations and even pressure. However, these ideas for Valentine’s Day for him at home will guarantee to keep your Valentine’s Day at home focused on what matters most; growing the love you share! To make this Valentine’s Day at home even more fulfilling, take time after eating to enjoy a romantic and fun activity together. With creative and easy ideas for Valentine’s Day for him at home listed below, you are set to have a passionate and meaningful night together!
- First, give each other a sensual massage. Because after reading this, you will be a pro masseuse in no time!
- Camp in your living room! Set up the air mattress and have a picnic dinner on the floor. But if you’re feeling a little crazy, camp out in your backyard!
- Have a game night but need some ideas?! Star Gazing and This or That Sexy Date are AMAZING options to add an extra romantic twist.
- Play a fun game with your sweetheart but don’t know where to begin? Play this fun and FREE Valentine Bingo!
- Cuddle up and watch a romantic movie together. Here is The Best Romance Movie Date.
- Enjoy some delicious hot chocolate together. Because who doesn’t love hot chocolate?!
- Time to get artistic. Try painting these adorable Paint by Numbers FREE printables together!
- Have you ever played Don’t Eat Pete? BEST GAME EVER! Here is the Valentine’s version, Don’t Eat Cupid!
- Take your hubby on a Valentine’s Scavenger Hunt!
- Play the adorable XOXO Tic Tac Toe to put you in the mood for some X’S and O’S!!!
- The Best Valentine Day Dates Need more? This is jam-packed with AMAZING At-home valentine date ideas!
Valentine’s Day Decorations
Be still our HEARTS! You will love decorating for Valentine’s Day at home with these creative and affordable ideas! Because everything is expressive of the most essential part of life… LOVE! The hearts, Hershey’s kisses, pinks, reds, x’s, and o’s, GIVE ME ALL OF IT! After all, when decorating for Valentine’s Day, the most important part is to make it all about love! Whether you prefer to keep things simple or go all out, these fun at-home Valentine’s Day ideas below will help you to make the very most of it! To sum up, we have the cutest Valentine’s Day at home decorations to bring out ALL of the love in your home this Valentine’s day season.
- “I Love You” Banner – Now if you are ready to get your craft on, then it’s time to gather up your supplies. All you need to do is print out your FREE banner, grab your tape, scissors, glue dots if you have them, and choose some fun ribbon to match!
- Rose Petals for Romance – Need the secret weapon to create an intimate atmosphere but don’t know how? This post has got you covered!
- Hot Chocolate Bar – Warm the heart of your Valentine with an adorable Valentine’s hot chocolate bar!
- Heart Attack – Whether you heart attack your lawn or the bedroom, this act of love will be sure to get your sweetie in the Valentine’s spirit!
- Valentine Photo Booth Props -All you need to do is print, adhere to skewers or popsicle sticks, and get your “picture perfect” valentine game on! Out of time? Order these and no printing or cutting required.
- Valentine Love Notes – Because decorating the house with the CUTEST sayings for your sweetheart will really give you both the Valentine’s vibe!
- Tied to You Valentine Surprise – Surprise your love with a surprise note, Valentine surprise bag covers, AND paper gift tags! After all, you will be sure to let your spouse know you are “tied to him forever”! How sweet is that?!
- Romantic Cuddle Kit for Two – Display this adorable cuddle kit on your bed to show your spouse you are ready for some cuddling!
- Valentine’s Day Scavenger Hunt! – Take your sweetie on a fun valentine’s scavenger hunt decorated in your own home!
- Candy Heart Valentine Bouquet – Give your dinner table a statement piece with the best two things ever. Candy hearts and flowers!
- Valentine’s Hershey Kiss Stickers – Sprinkle your home with Hershey kisses and with these adorable Valentine stickers to stick on the bottom!
- DIY Floral Hearts – Create a romantic atmosphere with these adorable DIY Valentine floral shaped hearts!
- Balloon Heart Backdrop – Because this will make the prettiest backdrop well like, EVER!
The Dating Divas are, after all, all about showing love to our sweethearts. Here are some more AMAZING Valentine’s at home ideas to show affection to your love on this amazing Valentine’s Day! First, the 100+ Valentine’s Day Ideas and The Best Valentine’s Day Dates.