Weekly Date Night Ideas Headed Your Way!
Date your way to a better marriage by joining our #GETYOURDATEON Challenge! Dating your spouse can have many obstacles (even the best marriages can have them) but finding and planning perfect dates doesn’t have to be one of them. No more searching through the archives or scouring the internet on how to spice up date night. Instead, follow along to get creative date night ideas for married couples sent straight to you every week. Joining the date your spouse movement couldn’t be any easier!
Before I tell you about our exciting new “Get Your Date On” Challenge full of date night ideas for married couples, I have to take you back to the time before The Dating Divas was even a thing. Long before the website full of printables, long before the social media followers, and long before we were a full-blown company of 30+ amazing and hardworking women.
About 8 years ago, Jamie and I had JUST moved away from our friends and family so Jamie could go back to school. It was a major life change for us and like many of you can probably relate, big life changes meant that our date nights and social lives were pushed aside. The topknot became a daily hairstyle for me and the yoga pants came out! Weekends were finding us on the couch in comfy clothes watching TV!!! I quickly realized what was happening and was determined to do something about it!
I recruited some of my closest friends to remedy this dilemma and we started a private blog JUST for us! What was the blog about? FUN DATE IDEAS!!! I wanted us to be that cute little old couple in 50 years still madly in love and I KNEW sitting in front of a TV wasn’t the way to do it. We needed to have quality time with each other and bring back the fun and the romance! I was worried about running out of ideas, but with my friends on board, it was a piece of cake! We took turns planning fun & creative date nights which were posted each Monday. And then, that weekend, we would all try out the date for ourselves with our hubbies and report back to the group on how the date went. These creative date ideas were the just the fuel I needed to get the FUN back!
Fast forward to now… and our brand new baby!! I’ve noticed that date night has become a little harder to fit in! Trying to juggle my roles as CEO, furbaby mama, new mom, church responsibilities, and wife… Ohhhh baby! It’s a LOT! If you are currently anything like me, your date nights may have become one of the following:
- Rare. Non-existent. Sporadic and unplanned.
- Too casual (Wendy’s drive-thru anyone?), dual-purposed (“Let’s just run into Target real quick because we’re almost out of diapers!”), or lacking in emotional/physical intimacy (Does falling asleep to a TV show on the couch together count as a date night?)
- Expensive (Tickets + popcorn + candy + soda + babysitter = $$$), last minute (“Hey, if we hurry, we can make this random-never-heard-of movie that’s playing?) or inconvenient (“Well, we have to be back in an hour so let’s just grab a quick bite…”)
Yup, date nights can be a struggle even for me. SO, once again, I knew I needed to change something to make date night a little easier. First, I had to decide what a perfect date includes. I decided if I were to plan the perfect date it would have all three of these elements:
- Planned in advance.
- A perfect mix of fun, romantic, and relationship-boosting.
- Affordable, thoughtful, and timely.
That all sounds doable right? Totally! Except, what I’ve realized is, it’s not exactly effortless to have a pre-planned, affordable, romantic and spontaneous date night every week. Why? Because life just doesn’t give us all endless time to browse our archives of date ideas every week and then make them come to fruition!
With my passion for date night and this growing need to get great dates back into my life, the #GETYOURDATEON Challenge was born! Thinking about how the site began all those years ago and with the help of my team at The Dating Divas, we came up with an easy way to make having your DREAM DATE NIGHT a reality every single week. And here’s how!
We’ve decided to make finding great dates even easier. No more searching through countless blog posts or spending hours on Pinterest searching how to spice up date night. Instead, get weekly creative date night ideas sent straight to you! Yup, that’s right. We will send you two perfectly planned dates your way every single week.
So how will we bring your date night to YOU? Keep reading to find out 3 simple ways!
Get Your Fun Date Night Ideas
- INSTAGRAM: Follow @DatingDivas 0n Instagram where I will announce the DATES OF THE WEEK on Instagram Stories! Check out TWO date night ideas that I’ll share and get all the details by SWIPING UP! Don’t forget to VOTE on your date night of choice in the Instagram Story polls!
- FACEBOOK: If Facebook is more your jam, join the FOR BETTER & FOREVER private Facebook group to get notified of the DATES OF THE WEEK, where you can follow the provided links to two EASY PEASY date night ideas to choose from. No need to search our archives for an idea!
- TEXT MESSAGES: OR my personal favorite, sign up for a completely FREE weekly TEXT MESSAGE alert that will arrive at the beginning of the week that will include TWO DATE NIGHT IDEAS for you to choose from and execute. Text keyword “DATES” to 801-23 to sign up! (We pinky promise that if registered, recipients will only receive 3 text messages per week as part of the #GetYourDateOn text reminder program. Ain’t nobody got time for more than that!)
Want to see how effortless AND easy this could be?
Get Ready For Date Night
The date night of your dreams is TOTALLY doable EACH WEEK. And by staying in the loop of the #GETYOURDATEON Challenge with The Dating Divas, you can have date night ideas DELIVERED TO YOU EFFORTLESSLY! Then you (and I!) have NO excuse not to #getyourdateon… Right??
Be a part of our new weekly date night challenge and share your #GETYOURDATEON dates on social media. Tag @DatingDivas or The Dating Divas on Facebook so we can see how you accomplished date night despite the odds against you (annnnndddd… use the tag #GETYOURDATEON so we can see AND possibly even feature you!).
This amazingly simple, fun, and EASY challenge kicks off on MARCH 5th! Date your way to a better marriage by texting “DATES” to 801-23 (US and Canada only) to sign up for our text message alert program. Don’t want to go the text message route? Follow us on Instagram or join our private Facebook group, For Better & Forever!