Family Picture Ideas
It’s family picture time! If you’re anything like us, family pictures are something you look forward to having, but not always doing. It might be stressful to know what to wear, what to bring, or how to stand. Lucky for you, we’ve compiled a list of the best family picture poses to ease your worries! While your photographer is sure to have suggestions and guidance on posing, knowing a couple of pose ideas beforehand that you absolutely LOVE can help you get the perfect pictures you’re looking for. Ready to see some absolutely adorable family picture poses?
Before we dive in, remember the reason you’re getting family photos taken! You want to look back on your family with joy and pride during this marvelous stage of your life. Whether your kiddos are young or they’re leaving the nest, having a family photo to look back on is something you’ll cherish forever. That being said, don’t stress too much about the poses or the outfits. Your smiling faces will truly be the memory you hold dear to your heart!
Now that you’re prepped for finding the perfect family picture pose, let’s check these out!
The Best Family Picture Poses
By the way, all of these ideas we think are absolutely stunning! But do what works and is natural for your family! You want your family photos to represent your personalities and family dynamic perfectly. Whatever you decide, we’re sure it will turn out great!
- Laying Down by A Day to Adore Photography – These little faces all smushed together are just the cutest! It’s a classic pose that would be easy to recreate!
- Standing Tall by Laura James Photography – This gorgeous family is working the camera with confidence! They look so natural standing together and smiling!
- Acting Natural by Emily Lucarz Photography – This family could not be cuter cooking in the kitchen. Love that they are in their home, where they’re completely comfortable, and that they captured some precious natural moments!
- Playing It Up by Christie Hobson Photography – We’re all about a photo that stands out, and this family photo shoot does just that! With ice cream in hand, this family totally plays it up for the camera and it’s the cutest!
- Holding Hands by Simplicity Photography – This family picture pose might just bring tears to your eyes. It’s so sweet to see a family holding hands like they’re a team! Love this look!
- Hugging It Out by Emily Lucarz Photography – These might be some of the sweetest hugs I’ve ever seen! Whether it’s a tight squeeze or lightly leaning in, this family nailed this pose!
- Pucker Up by A Day to Adore Photography – Another picture perfect pose idea for a memorable family photo! Capturing a sweet kiss for the camera is never a bad idea!
- Focus on Parents by Sophie Crew Photography – By changing up the traditional focus of the photo, you get a darling picture pose! We love how the parents are the focus here while the cute kiddos run around them!
- Get In Close by Christie Hobson Photography – More than once, this family squeezes in tight for a darling family picture pose! We love how comfortable they look in front of the camera this way!
- Silhouette by Amy Gray Photography – This is a pose that will be cherished forever! The sweet silhouette of this family is perfect!
- Act Silly by Julie Harris Photography – This picture pose might just be our favorite! Acting silly is hopefully something all families can do, and when captured, makes for the best family photos!
- Jumping by Wailea Photography – Jumping pictures never get old because they’re just so fun! We highly recommend throwing at least one jumping picture into your next family photoshoot! 😉
Well, in case it wasn’t obvious, there’s a lot of options when it comes to picture poses! We don’t think you can go wrong with any of the above ideas, but just in case you need more, don’t forget to check out our Couples Photography Tips and Ideas OR our Maternity Photo Shoot Ideas!
We’re confident your next family photo shoot will include some darling picture poses!