Let’s get this party started, with these New Year’s Eve Ideas!
Crank up the sparkle-factor and get ready to confetti, because it’s almost the New Year! If you’re anything like us, then NYE means getting down, and also partying hard! So if you’re up for new ideas on how to make that happen, we’ve got your back! With over 70 New Year’s Eve ideas, this list will make all your party dreams come true! These ideas will help you ring in the New Year, and like never before. We have activities perfect for couples, families, and even kiddos too! So are you ready for the good stuff? Well then, start scrolling, and let’s get this party started!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. So to learn more about ’em, click here.
We’re all about making things fun for you here at The Dating Divas, and this list is no exception. From ideas for couples to families, and some yummy food thrown in there too! We have created the perfect collection of ideas to make your night picture perfect. And…to help make your idea-hunting as easy as possible, we’ve divided our list into six simple categories:
- Yummy Food Ideas for Kids
- New Year’s Eve Activities for Kids
- Treats for Families for NYE
- Family-Friendly Ideas for New Year’s Eve
- NYE Treat Ideas for Couples
- New Year’s Activities for Couples
Pretty great, huh?! Keep reading!
Yummy Food Ideas for Kids
First thing is first, what’s a party without the spread?! These New Year’s Eve food ideas are totally on-theme. They are also guaranteed to please even the pickiest of palettes. So if you like ideas that are as easy to make as they are fun to do, then this first batch of ideas is going to wow you!
- Candy Mocktails (Modern Parents Messy Kids) – This one is the perfect New Year’s Eve idea for families. Little ones will LOVE sipping their own non-alcoholic cocktails, and these are as perfectly sweet as they are easy to whip up!
- Cider Labels (Living Locurto) – Give everyone’s favorite sparkling drink an extra dose of cuteness with these printable cider labels.
- Funfetti Cupcakes (Baker by Nature) – And unleash some confetti in the sweetest way possible with these tasty treats. These babies are as equally cute as they are total kid-pleasers.
- Clock Cookies (Repeat Crafter Me) – Clock adorned and confetti-filled, these easy cookies are definite scene stealers. And then these edible sprinkles would also be the perfect addition to top them off!
- Candy Watches (The Idea Room) – Give little ones their own personal countdown clock with this uniquely filled goodie, that is so simple to make!
- Jello Push Pops (Modern Parents Messy Kids) – These adorable push pops will take sparkling cider to a whole new level! And they are so so yummy…
- Countdown Wand (The Decorated Cookie) – This DIY marshmallow countdown will help infuse a little magic and fun into your NYE bash.
- Cereal Pops (Bird’s Party) – Swap out the usual confetti, and then trade it in for this cereal-themed treat that’s as cute as can be!
NYE Activities for Kids
The countdown to midnight is on. The problem is that the hardest part seems to be keeping the kiddos entertained until the big moment! So, to go with the cute snack ideas, you’ll also need this next list. These equally adorable activity ideas are sure to keep your littles engaged and excited until the big moment!
- Glitter Party Hats (Studio DIY) – Add a little pizazz and a lot of glitter to your NYE outfits with these DIY party hats. We think these are so fun and so adorable!
- Hour Countdown (Modern Parents Messy Kids) – Keep everyone entertained AND excited with this hour-by-hour countdown. This one is a total blast to make, and so easy to use.
- Clock Craft (Buggy and Buddy) – Infuse a little teaching time as well as art, with this DIY clock craft. It’s educational, and also crazy cute!
- Coloring Hats (Happiness is Homemade) – An activity and fashion statement in one? Go ahead and sign us up to make this fun craft, too!
- Confetti Sticks (Best Friends for Frosting) – It doesn’t get much more fun than confetti and crafting! And these DIY confetti straws will take celebrating to a whole new level. Keep this one in your back pocket, because you’ll want to use this idea again and again…and again.
- Countdown Chain (The OT Toolbox) – If you like ideas that are easy peasy and perfect for families, then countdown is perfect for your New Year’s Eve celebration.
- Wishing Wall (Buggy & Buddy) – Get ready for the new year with this wishing wall. This one is as equally fun for adults as it is for kiddos!
- Paper Piñatas (A Subtle Revelry) – A pretty, and candy-packed countdown idea, these Paper Number Piñatas will be a hit! Literally.
- Scavenger Hunt (Reasons To Skip the Housework) – And let the games begin with this perfectly themed, and also adorable, New Year’s hunt.
- Star Wands (Hello, Wonderful) – A little glitter, cardboard, and imagination combine to make these magical wands, that are PERFECT for ringing in the New Year. These are also perfect as a party favor!
- Confetti Slinger (Green Wedding Shoes) – Swap out traditional poppers for a whole new confetti experience to be remembered, with these slingers!
- Glow Ring Toss (A Pumpkin & A Princess) – Because glow-in-the-dark activities are so much fun, let this night-friendly game take center stage!
- Backdrop (Project Nursery) – A stunning photo backdrop, and play area too?! This DIY idea is so New Year’s Eve-worthy, it’s ridiculous!
- Kid Countdown (DIY Inspired) – Try this interactive countdown for kids to keep everyone busy, and giggling too!
- Glitter Bracelets (A Pumpkin & a Princess) – Give those little fashionistas a clever craft that will keep them busy, and also let them celebrate in style.
- Balloon Drop (Evite) – Is there anything as exciting as a balloon drop?! We don’t think so, and neither will your kiddos!
- DIY Noisemaker (Sincerely Jean) – Gather up those empty water bottles, and get to work on this DIY craft that’s a perfect family-friendly New Year’s activity. Be sure and get ready for some noise!
- Fireworks Ring (Fantastic Fun and Learning) – This one is the perfect New Year’s Eve idea for families. Your little kiddos will love the simplicity and creativity that goes into making these Fireworks Rings (and you will too!).
New Year’s Food Ideas for Families
These tasty morsels are the perfect treat ideas for you and your family this New Year’s Eve! They are fun and delicious, while also being perfectly on theme for your NYE celebration.
- NYE Breakfast (The 36th Avenue) – Throw a NYE breakfast like this one, that is fit for a king, with these dazzling and glittery goodies!
- Sparkling Shots (Something Swanky) – Looking for a family-friendly New Year’s Eve alternative to alcohol? Well then, you’ve come to the right place!
- Glitter Cookies (Happiness is Homemade) – It’s about to get all sorts of sparkly and delicious with these fun and glitter-dipped goodies.
- Candy Flutes (i Heart Arts N Crafts) – If you want to forget the bubbly, then these candy packed flutes are the perfect solution.
- Crescent Dippers (Pillsbury) – This tasty treat that also screams New Year’s is a total win in our book! We promise your guests will also rave about an entree as yummy as this one.
- Glitter Ice Cubes (A Subtle Revelry) – Normal ice cubes are SO last year. Add these glittery cubes to your NYE bash to really take it up a notch!
- Unicorn Floats (The Bewitchin’ Kitchen) – Littles (and adults too) will love these crazy colorful drinks. And you will like that they are so simple and delicious.
- Clock Cupcakes (Somewhat Simple) – Piled with frosting and topped with a clock—what’s not to like? These countdown cupcakes are so adorable, that they are almost too cute to eat! Almost…
Family-Friendly New Year’s Eve Ideas
From party hats to countdown bags, there’s something here for everyone! These family-friendly New Year’s Eve ideas have glitz, glam, and creativity, too!
- Resolution Hats (Our Everyday Life) – Go ahead and take normal paper party hats to the next level by writing in your resolutions. These are the perfect combo of easy and stylish!
- Memories Jar (The Dating Divas) – This is going to be your new favorite family-friendly New Year’s Eve idea! You are going to love reminiscing with the ones you love with this clever memory-making jar.
- NYE Game (Alice & Lois) – Take some time to go over the past year’s best and worst moments. You will love this darling, fun, and oh so easy, printable game.
- Confetti Favors (Evermine) – Confetti and pouches and poems…oh my! All 3 of these favorites combine, to make one fabulous favor that’s also sure to be loved by all ages!
- Year in Review (The Dating Divas) – Gather the fam and take a walk down memory lane, with this totallydone for you Year in Review kit. Just hit print, and you’re ready to go.
- Paper Crowns (The House that Lars Built) – Go ahead and add a touch of glamour and fun to your gathering, with these printable paper crowns. These babies are as much of a crowd please, as they are easy to make.
- Resolution Libs (The Idea Room) – All aboard the laugh train with this rambunctious and clever game! These kooky and crazy libs are as clever as they are funny, and will have everyone in stitches!
- Sparklers Gift (Lil’ Luna) – Turn ordinary sparklers into a colorful and clever New Year’s Eve gift idea. So cute!
- Countdown 2.0 (The Dating Divas) – Our classic countdown bags are BACK and also, better than ever. We put a whole new spin on these that you won’t want to miss!
- Blow Horns (Love the Day) – Loud and fun?! What says, “Happy New Year” more than that? Go ahead and make some noise for the new year with these DIY blow horns.
- Photo Props (The Crafted Sparrow) – Are you ready for giggles and a whole lot of grins? Well then, these photo booth props are exactly what you need for your family New Year’s Eve celebration!
- Confetti Poppers (Ruffled Blog) – The forecast for this evening is an extra dose of COLOR! These DIY confetti poppers are so exquisite and fun that you are going to want to use them year-round.
- Surprise Poppers (Studio DIY) – Slip a secret message into these confetti poppers and wait for the smiles! These are so cute, you might just want to keep this idea in your back pocket for every holiday.
- Glitter Cups (Evite) – Go ahead and sip in style with this clever and cute glitter cup craft. Again, can you really go wrong with glitter?
- Time Capsule (Kids Activities Blog) – Gather the kiddos for this adorable family-friendly New Year’s Eve idea. Go ahead and make a memory that will LAST with these DIY time capsules.
- Countdown Bags (The Dating Divas) – Take the traditional countdown to a WHOLE new level with these hourly treat bags. These are done for you, and absolutely adorable! (The only thing as great as something being memorable, is something being easy.)
- Confetti Boxes (Homework) – A countdown like no other, these individual confetti boxes are a crafty and colorful way to make it to midnight!
- Pizza Party (My Life and Kids) – If your family likes pizza and parties, then you are in luck with this fun New Year’s Eve food idea.
- Party Game (Party Delights) – Get a glimpse of everyone’s best and worst moments of the year with this printable game, that’s sure to delight!
- NYE Mad Libs (The Dating Divas) – Get ready for laughs and some crazy antics with this New Year’s Eve idea that is perfect for families. These mad libs will have everyone hootin’ and hollerin’ in no time!
- DIY Shooters (Real Simple) – Who said NYE had to be fancy and civilized? Not us! These DIY shooters are fun and easy and will be perfect for your family New Year’s Eve party.
- Confetti Eggs (Martha Stewart) – Try switching things up with this egg-cellent activity. This one is so good that it might also become your family’s favorite tradition for other holidays too!
- Ombre Glasses (Rock N’ Roll Bride) – Help everyone get in touch with their inner artist by creating your very own toasting glasses. These babies will add the perfect level of sparkle and fun to your family New Year’s Eve party.
- After Dark Scavenger Game (The Dating Divas) – And score some major points with the kiddos by unleashing this clever and colorful, after dark game!
New Year’s Eve Treats for Couples
Perfect for sharing with that special someone, these New Year’s Eve food ideas will hit the spot! And the best part is that they are so easy and delicious, you will want to eat them again and again.
- Confetti Cookies (Easybaked) – Sweet, pink, and a healthy dose of confetti. These light-as-a-feather cookies will help woo your sweetie and are the perfect New Year’s Eve treat.
- Mocktails (Play. Party. Plan.) – With elegant notes of citrus and strawberry, it’s hard to believe that these bubbly mocktails are also non-alcoholic. So yummy!
- Mock Champagne (Love Bakes Good Cakes) – Non-alcohol drinkers will equally adore and delight in this delicious and fun Mock Champagne recipe, which is also perfect for two.
- Cheesecake Clock (Hungry Happenings for Tablespoon) – Also, did someone say cheesecake? Well then, go ahead and count us IN for this delicious idea, too!
- Kiss Tic-Tacs (Infarrantly Creative) – Go ahead and make sure that kiss is minty and fresh, with this fun New Year’s Eve idea that is so perfect for couples.
- Midnight Kisses (The Dating Divas) – That midnight kiss is about to get a whole lot sweeter and exciting with this chocolate/fortune/kiss combo!
- Fortune Cookies (I Spy DIY) – A clever twist on a fabulous treat, this fun New Year’s Eve food idea is as fun as it is cute.
- Pick Up Sticks (A Nest of Posies) – A dippable game and also a goodie? We’re so there! This game is too cute!
Couples Activities for New Year’s Eve
And finally, it’s time to slow things down and crank up the romance. These at-home New Year’s Eve ideas for couples are so delightful and intimate. Who says that a night in can’t be just as romantic as a night on the town?
- Kiss Me Kit (The Dating Divas) – Hold on to your hats, because this kit is cute and clever. Your sweetie will think you pulled out all the stops to create the perfect New Year’s Eve couple idea, just for the two of you.
- Fortune Pockets (Design Sponge) – Not only are these DIY fortune pockets filled with confetti and a whole lotta cute, but they are also a great way to infuse a little fun into your at-home New Year’s Eve celebration.
- NYE Couples Game (The Dating Divas) – This New Year’s Eve idea is a favorite around here. It is the perfect game to help the two of you dig a little deeper as a couple, and emotionally connect.
- Photo Backdrop (Somewhat Simple) – Snap a few shots of you and your sweetie against this cute and clever backdrop, for a memory that’s pretty, and also a great keepsake!
- Sexy Resolutions (The Dating Divas) – Take your goal-making to a whole new level with these printable and sexy resolution sheets, that are guaranteed to please.
- Goals Worksheet (Dawn Nicole Designs) – And take a couple of moments to refresh, reflect, and also plan for the New Year with these printable worksheets. They are the perfect addition to your at-home New Year’s Eve celebration with your sweetie.
- Date Bucket List (The Dating Divas) – Stay ahead of the curve and plan for all the dates you two will have together, with this bucket list kit. It easily guides you from start to finish and provides plenty of spice along the way.
- DIY Fort Kit (Our Handcrafted Life) – Your all-night partying is about to get a fun and creative makeover with this DIY Fort Kit. This is the perfect way to help set the stage for you and your sweetheart!
- Jenga Love Game (The Dating Divas) – You’re going to love this next New Year’s Eve idea that is perfect for couples. Just be prepared for things to get a little hot and steamy with this clever game for two!
- Love Letters (Oh So Pretty) – Go ahead and take a few minutes to unleash your inner author by writing some sweet nothings to each other. Don’t forget to wait and open them at midnight for another level of surprise.
- Love Song Mix (The Dating Divas) – Take some time to really slow things down a bit and get your sway on. This New Year’s Eve idea for you and your honey is the perfect way to spend the evening.
- Couples Win It in a Minute (The Dating Divas) – NYE will never be the same after you and your sweetie play these wild, and oh so wacky couple-themed games! Play with just the two of you, or with a whole group, if you are wanting a party!
Was that a list to remember or WHAT?! Save this list on Pinterest if you are wanting fun New Year’s Eve ideas for couples, families, and parties, for years to come! Wishing you and yours a magical midnight and a Happy New Year!