The Ultimate New Year’s Eve Party Ideas
Crank up the sparkle factor and get ready to confetti because it’s almost the New Year! If you’re anything like us, then New Year’s Eve means getting down and also partying hard! So, if you’re up for new ideas on how to make that happen, we’ve got your back! With over 75 New Year’s Eve party ideas, this list will make all your sequin dreams come true!
These ideas will help you ring in the New Year like never before. We have activities that are perfect for couples, families, and even kiddos! So, are you ready for the shiny stuff? Well then, let’s start the ball drop and get this countdown going!
Table of Contents
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. So to learn more about ’em, click here.
New Year’s Eve Party Food Ideas For Kids
First things first, what’s a party without the spread?! These New Year’s Eve food ideas are totally on-theme. They are also guaranteed to please even the pickiest of palettes. So if you like ideas that are as easy to make as they are fun to do, then this first batch of ideas is going to wow you!
1. Candy Mocktails (Modern Parents Messy Kids) – This one is the perfect New Year’s Eve party idea for families. Little ones will LOVE sipping their own non-alcoholic cocktails, and these are perfectly sweet and easy to whip up!
2. Cider Labels (Living Locurto) – Give everyone’s favorite sparkling drink an extra dose of cuteness with these printable cider labels.
3. Funfetti Cupcakes (Baker by Nature) – Unleash some confetti in the sweetest way possible with these tasty treats. These babies are as equally cute as they are total kid-pleasers.
5. Candy Watches (The Idea Room) – Give little ones their own personal countdown clock with this uniquely filled goodie that is so simple to make!
7. Countdown Wand (The Decorated Cookie) – This DIY marshmallow countdown will help infuse a little magic and fun into your New Year’s Eve bash.
8. Cereal Pops (Bird’s Party) – Swap out the usual confetti and trade it in for this cereal-themed treat that’s as cute as can be!
New Year’s Party Activities For Kids
The countdown to midnight is on! However, the biggest problem always seems to be keeping the kiddos entertained until the big moment arrives, am I right? So, to go with the cute snack ideas, you’ll also need a list of activities! If you’re wondering what to do on New Year’s Eve, these equally adorable activity ideas are sure to keep your littles engaged and excited until the clock strikes midnight.
9. Glitter Party Hats (Studio DIY) – Add a little pizazz and a lot of glitter to your New Year’s Eve outfits with these DIY party hats. We think these are so fun and so adorable!
10. Hour Countdown (Modern Parents Messy Kids) – Keep everyone entertained AND excited with this hour-by-hour countdown. This one is a total blast to make and so easy to use.
11. Clock Craft (Buggy and Buddy) – Infuse a little teaching time as well as art with this DIY clock craft. It’s educational and also crazy cute!
12. Coloring Hats (Happiness is Homemade) – An activity and fashion statement in one? Go ahead and sign us up to make this fun craft, too!
13. Confetti Sticks (Best Friends for Frosting) – It doesn’t get much more fun than confetti and crafting! And these DIY confetti straws will take celebrating to a whole new level. Keep this one in your back pocket because you’ll want to use this idea again and again … and again.
14. Countdown Chain (The OT Toolbox) – If you like ideas that are easy peasy and perfect for families, then this countdown chain is perfect for your New Year’s Eve celebration.
15. Wishing Wall (Buggy & Buddy) – Get ready for the new year with this wishing wall activity. This one is GREAT fun for the adults AND the kiddos!
16. Paper Piñatas (A Subtle Revelry) – A pretty, candy-packed countdown idea, these Paper Number Piñatas will be a hit! Literally.
17. Scavenger Hunt (Reasons To Skip the Housework) – Let the games begin with this perfectly themed, adorable New Year’s hunt.
18. Star Wands (Hello, Wonderful) – Combine a little glitter, cardboard, and imagination to make these magical wands that are PERFECT for ringing in the New Year. These are also a great party favor idea!
19. Confetti Slinger (Green Wedding Shoes) – Swap out traditional poppers for a whole new confetti experience with these slingers!
20. Glow Ring Toss (A Pumpkin & A Princess) – Because glow-in-the-dark activities are so much fun, let this night-friendly game take center stage!
21. Backdrop (Project Nursery) – A stunning photo backdrop, and play area too?! This DIY idea is so New Year’s Eve-worthy, it’s ridiculous!
22. Kid Countdown (DIY Inspired) – Try this interactive countdown for kids to keep everyone busy and giggling too!
23. Glitter Bracelets (A Pumpkin & a Princess) – Give those little fashionistas a clever craft that will keep them busy and let them celebrate in style.
24. Balloon Drop (Evite) – Is there anything as exciting as a balloon drop?! We don’t think so, and neither will your kiddos!
25. DIY Noisemaker (Sincerely Jean) – Gather up those empty water bottles, and get to work on this DIY craft that’s a perfect family-friendly New Year’s activity. Just be sure to get ready for some noise!
26. Fireworks Ring (Fantastic Fun and Learning) – As far as New Year’s party ideas go, this one is perfect for families. Your little kids will love the simplicity and creativity that goes into making these Fireworks Rings (and you will too!).
New Year’s Eve Party Food Ideas
These tasty morsels are the perfect treat ideas for you and your family this New Year’s Eve! They are fun and delicious while also being perfectly on theme for your New Year’s celebration.
27. New Year’s Eve Breakfast (The 36th Avenue) – Throw a New Year’s breakfast that is fit for a king with these dazzling and glittery goodies!
28. Sparkling Shots (Something Swanky) – Looking for family-friendly New Year’s Eve ideas that provide an alternative to alcohol? Well then, you’ve come to the right place!
29. Glitter Cookies (Happiness is Homemade) – It’s about to get all sorts of sparkly and delicious with these fun and glitter-dipped goodies.
30. Candy Flutes (i Heart Arts N Crafts) – If you want to forget the bubbly, then these candy packed flutes are the perfect solution.
31. Crescent Dippers (Pillsbury) – This tasty treat that also screams New Year’s is a total win in our book! We promise your guests will also rave about an entree as yummy as this one.
32. Glitter Ice Cubes (A Subtle Revelry) – Normal ice cubes are SO last year. Add these glittery cubes to your New Year’s Eve bash to really take it up a notch!
33. Unicorn Floats (The Bewitchin’ Kitchen) – Littles (and adults too) will love these crazy colorful drinks. And you will like that they are so simple and delicious.
34. Clock Cupcakes (Somewhat Simple) – Piled with frosting and topped with a clock—what’s not to like? These countdown cupcakes are so adorable that they are almost too cute to eat! Almost …
Family-Friendly New Year’s Eve Ideas
From party hats to countdown bags, there’s something here for everyone! These family-friendly New Year’s Eve ideas have glitz, glam, and creativity, too!
36. Memories Jar (The Dating Divas) – This is going to be your new favorite family-friendly New Year’s Eve idea! You are going to love reminiscing with the ones you love with this clever memory-making jar.
37. New Year’s Eve Game (Alice & Lois) – Take some time to go over the year’s best and worst moments. You will love this darling, fun, and oh so easy, printable game.
38. Confetti Favors (Evermine) – Confetti, pouches, and poems … oh my! All 3 of these favorites combine to create one fabulous favor that’s sure to be loved by all ages!
39. Year in Review (The Dating Divas) – Gather the family and take a walk down memory lane with this totally done-for-you Year in Review kit. Just hit print, and you’re ready to go.
40. Paper Crowns (The House that Lars Built) – Go ahead and add a touch of glamour and fun to your gathering with these printable paper crowns. These babies are as much of a crowd-pleaser as they are easy to make.
41. Resolution Libs (The Idea Room) – All aboard the laugh train with this rambunctious and clever game! These kooky and crazy libs are as clever as they are funny and will have everyone in stitches!
42. Sparklers Gift (Lil’ Luna) – Turn ordinary sparklers into a colorful and clever New Year’s Eve gift idea. So cute!
43. Countdown 2.0 (The Dating Divas) – Our classic countdown bags are BACK and better than ever! We put a whole new spin on these that you won’t want to miss!
44. Blow Horns (Love the Day) – Loud and fun?! What says Happy New Year more than that? Go ahead and make some noise for the new year with these DIY blow horns.
45. Photo Props (The Crafted Sparrow) – Are you ready for giggles and a whole lot of grins? Well then, these photo booth props are exactly what you need for your family New Year’s Eve celebration!
46. Confetti Poppers (Ruffled Blog) – The forecast for this evening is an extra dose of COLOR! These DIY confetti poppers are so exquisite and fun that you will want to use them all year-round.
47. Surprise Poppers (Studio DIY) – Slip a secret message into these confetti poppers and wait for the smiles! These are so cute, you might just want to keep this idea in your back pocket for every holiday.
48. Glitter Cups (Evite) – Go ahead and sip in style with this clever and cute glitter cup craft. Again, can you really go wrong with glitter?
49. Time Capsule (Kids Activities Blog) – Gather the kids for this adorable family-friendly New Year’s Eve idea. Go ahead and make a memory that will LAST with these DIY time capsules.
50. Countdown Bags (The Dating Divas) – Take the traditional countdown to a WHOLE new level with these hourly treat bags. These are done-for-you and absolutely adorable! (The only thing as great as something being memorable is something being easy.)
51. Confetti Boxes (Homework) – A countdown like no other, these individual confetti boxes are a crafty and colorful way to make it to midnight!
52. Pizza Party (My Life and Kids) – Need an idea of what to do on New Year’s Eve? If your family likes pizza and parties, then you are in luck with this fun food idea.
53. Party Game (Party Delights) – Get a glimpse of everyone’s best and worst moments of the year with this printable game that’s sure to delight!
54. New Year’s Eve Mad Libs (The Dating Divas) – Get ready for laughs and some crazy antics with this New Year’s Eve idea that’s perfect for families. These mad libs will have everyone hootin’ and hollerin’ in no time!
55. DIY Shooters (Real Simple) – Who said New Year’s Eve had to be fancy and civilized? Not us! These DIY shooters are fun, easy, and will be perfect for your family’s New Year’s Eve party.
56. Confetti Eggs (Martha Stewart) – Try switching things up with this egg-cellent activity. This one is so good that it might also become your family’s favorite tradition for other holidays too!
57. Ombre Glasses (Rock N’ Roll Bride) – Help everyone get in touch with their inner artist by creating your very own toasting glasses. These babies will add the perfect level of sparkle and fun to your New Year’s Eve party.
58. After Dark Scavenger Game (The Dating Divas) – Score some major points with the kids by unleashing this clever and colorful, after-dark game!
New Year’s Eve Party Treats
Perfect for sharing with that special someone, these food-tastic New Year’s ideas will hit the spot! And the best part is, they are so easy and delicious, you will want to eat them again and again.
59. Confetti Cookies (Easybaked) – Sweet and pink with a healthy dose of confetti. These light-as-a-feather cookies will help woo your sweetie and are the perfect New Year’s Eve treat.
60. Mocktails (Play. Party. Plan.) – With elegant notes of citrus and strawberry, it’s hard to believe that these bubbly mocktails are also non-alcoholic. So yummy!
61. Mock Champagne (Love Bakes Good Cakes) – Non-alcohol drinkers will equally adore and delight in this delicious and fun Mock Champagne recipe, which is also perfect for two.
62. Cheesecake Clock (Hungry Happenings for Tablespoon) – Did someone say cheesecake? Well then, go ahead and count us IN for this delicious idea, too!
63. Kiss Tic-Tacs (Infarrantly Creative) – Go ahead and make sure that midnight kiss is minty and fresh with this fun New Year’s Eve idea that’s perfect for couples.
64. Midnight Kisses (The Dating Divas) – That midnight kiss is about to get a whole lot sweeter and exciting with this chocolate/fortune/kiss combo!
66. Pick Up Sticks (A Nest of Posies) – A dippable game and also a goodie? We’re so there! This game is too cute!
Couples Activities For New Year’s Eve
And finally, it’s time to slow things down and crank up the romance. These at-home New Year’s Eve party ideas for two are so delightful and intimate. Who says that a night-in can’t be just as romantic as a night on the town?
67. Kiss Me Kit (The Dating Divas) – Hold on to your hats because this kit is cute and clever. Your sweetie will think you pulled out all the stops to create the perfect New Year’s Eve couple idea, just for the two of you.
68. Fortune Pockets (Design Sponge) – Not only are these DIY fortune pockets filled with confetti and a whole lotta cute, but they are also a great way to infuse a little fun into your at-home New Year’s Eve celebration.
69. New Year’s Eve Couples Game (The Dating Divas) – This New Year’s Eve idea is a favorite around here. It is the perfect game to help each other dig a little deeper as a couple and emotionally connect.
70. Photo Backdrop (Somewhat Simple) – Snap a few shots of you and your sweetie against this cute and clever backdrop for a memory that’s pretty and also a great keepsake!
71. Sexy Resolutions (The Dating Divas) – Take your goal-making to a whole new level with these printable and sexy resolution sheets that are guaranteed to please.
72. Goals Worksheet (Dawn Nicole Designs) – Take a couple of moments to refresh, reflect, and plan for the New Year with these printable worksheets. They are the perfect addition to your at-home New Year’s Eve celebration with your sweetie.
73. Date Bucket List (The Dating Divas) – Stay ahead of the curve and plan for all the dates the two of you will have with this bucket list kit. It easily guides you from start to finish and provides plenty of spice along the way.
74. DIY Fort Kit (Our Handcrafted Life) – Your all-night partying is about to get a fun and creative makeover with this DIY Fort Kit. This is the perfect way to help set the stage for you and your sweetheart!
75. Jenga Love Game (The Dating Divas) – You’re going to love this next New Year’s Eve idea that is perfect for couples. Just be prepared for things to get a little hot and steamy with this clever game for two!
76. Love Letters (Oh So Pretty) – Go ahead and take a few minutes to unleash your inner author by writing some sweet notes to each other. Don’t forget to wait to open them at midnight for another level of surprise.
77. Love Song Mix (The Dating Divas) – Take some time to really slow things down a bit and get your sway on. This New Year’s Eve idea for you and your honey is the perfect way to spend the evening.
78. Couples Win It in a Minute (The Dating Divas) – New Year’s Eve will never be the same after you and your sweetie play these wild and oh-so-wacky couple-themed games! Play with just the two of you or with a whole group!
Was that a list to remember, or WHAT?! I’m sure you’re already running to plan your next New Year’s Eve bash … I know I am! One last thing…
Have you decided on your New Year’s resolutions yet? Try setting some marriage resolutions this year and check out these New Year’s Resolutions For Couples!
Wishing you and your family a magical midnight and a Happy New Year!