February 3, 2011

Valentine Card

Erika-ValentineCard-Pinterest

Looking for a Valentine’s Day card for your man? This card will show him how smokin’ and sizzlin’ you think he is!

Start by picking up some paint chips at your local hardware or paint store. They are FREE and the best part is they have fun names! I found ones that said ‘Hot to Trot’, ‘Burning Love’, ‘Sultry’, ‘Fire & Ice’, and more!

I had a card like this a while ago and thought it would be the perfect Valentine’s Card for my husband. You just glue your paint chip on to a card or a piece of folded card stock. Trim off any excess of the paint chip.

Then using rub on letters from your local craft or scrapbook store, spell out the words “You’re Hot!”

When you’re finished, tie a coordinating ribbon to complete the look. This card is sure to let him know what you think of him this Valentine’s Day!

15 Responses to “Valentine Card”

1. Jenette says:

Super cute! And super easy! I love it! =)

2. Ginny says:

ohhh I love it. I’ve been leaving little notes around the house all week (like you’re “Soda think you’re wonderful) this one would go perfect for inviting him out back for a HOT tub date on his next day off.
    we try not to save the love for one day, but rather spread little stuff over the whole month (and year)
    looking forward to more and more ideas to use :) Thanks Divas, you all ROCK

3. I LOVE this! So cute! I’m totally going to make one. :)

4. Jordan says:

YES I love this!!! perfect cause we are going to pick out paint samples next week anyway so I will sneak a few extra :o) love how easy this is too, this is a DEFINITE for V-day. Thanks ladies!!

5. Sandi says:

I love it! The paint card is such a good idea.

6. amber m. says:

Thanks for linking up to my paint chip card! I’m so glad you liked the idea…yours turned out darling!

7. Emily Joyce says:

This is a really good idea! I never would have thought of using paint chips!

8. Ann says:

Way cute Erika! You are awesome.

9. brandi says:

Way cute Erika!!

10. lori says:

This is perfect for my 14 days of Valentines for my husband. Every day for 14 days he is arriving to work with a Valentine sentiment on his desk from me. Love this idea!

11. Valerie says:

Love this!

12. Nancy Ellsworth says:

This is so cool. Never knew paint colors had such cool names. Thanks for the idea.

13. Brooke says:

This is such a cool idea, I am definitely going to make this card this week. It’s so simple but so cute.

1. [...] The Dating Diva’s had a very cute card idea as well. [...]