October 5, 2011

Anniversary Photo Keepsake Idea!

When I came across today’s idea, I just had to share!  One of my dearest friends in the world is Jessica.  She is truly one of the greatest, funniest, easiest-to-be around gals I know!

When Jessica got married, one of her favorite gifts was an anniversary photo album.  On the first page of the photo album was Jessica’s wedding announcement. The gift included a note that indicated that the photo album was for anniversary pictures only.  The gift giver hoped that Jessica and her man would take a picture each anniversary and add it to this special album.  Well, after nine years, Jessica has done just that!  By taking a quick picture each year on her anniversary, Jessica has an amazing photo album that documents her marriage each year!

Chrissy - Updated Pinterest Pic - AnniversaryPhotoKeepsake

Check out the great photo that marked Jess’s ninth wedding anniversary….

I have also been married for nine years and LOVE this idea. I looked through old scrapbooks and was able to find a picture for each year I have been married. I can’t wait to put these pictures together and make my own anniversary photo album.  I was shocked how different my husband and I look now versus nine years ago!  Jessica’s pictures are terrific and she shares great ideas on her website, Inbleu.

Do you have a great anniversary idea you do each year?

9 Responses to “Anniversary Photo Keepsake Idea!”

1. LoveStruck says:

I love this idea!!! We have been trying to do a picture on our anniversary in the same pose each year, but it hasn’t been easy, I hope we get better at it.

But, every year for our anniversary we got through all the pictures from the previous year and put the ones we like best into a photo album. It’s always great to look back at what we did the past year and keeps us up to date in documenting our lives! :)

2. Karen says:

What a great idea! I love this…I honestly struggle from year to year, we need to create traditions and this is a great way to start. Thanks for an awesome, easy, inexpensive, fun, and memorable idea!!

I agree! I think this is an adorable idea. I would have loved to see what their album looks like! :)

4. Jennifer says:

This is a great idea. I haven’t done a photo album, but I do have a small journal that I write in every year and record how we spent our anniversary. Some have great memories from a fun trip and others are precious moments from low key anniversaries…like the one two weeks after our first child was born.

And on our first anniversary, we wrote a letter to each other. They are locked away in our safe to be opened on our 20th anniversary.

5. Kristin says:

My husband and I decided to have “anniversary songs.” I plan on creating a book where I keep track of them so I don’t forget, but we’ve only been married for two years so far so I’m good. :) When I make the book, I plan to use our first dance song on the first page and our “anniversary songs” on the other pages. We also live about a mile from where our reception was held and are going to try and get a picture taken there on each of our anniversaries so I guess I could incorporate the pics too!

6. Meghan says:

Each year my sister and her husband take a picture on their anniversary, holding the last year’s photo. It’s a sweet idea, and ends up looking very cool after a few anniversaries.
    Thought I’d share :)

7. Laura says:

I got this idea from my parents who have been doing it for going on 30 years! Each year I bake an anniversary cake and top it with the topper from our wedding cake. We get out our wedding day toasting glasses and take 4 pictures… one normal, one toasting, one kissing, & now one with our kids! It’s so great to look back each year and see how we’ve changed and a wonderful way to celebrate as well :)

8. LAURA says:

I’m coming up to my first anniversary and have decided to do a photo album that each year we’ll add a photo to. What will make it unique is that each year we’ll recreate a pose from one of our wedding pictures! I can’t wait to look through it after years of marriage and see all the memories re-created with us and our bridal party and family!
    I also heard of someone tracking which gifts they get one another on each anniversary so I might try and add that in somehow too!