November 23, 2012

Remember, I Love You!

Hello?! Are you all awake from your Thanksgiving Feast and Black Friday shopping? I have a fabulous gift ideas to share with you for that person on your list who has EVERYTHING! You know, the one who is the hardest to shop for! Well, one day while I was browsing Pinterest, I came across this idea and immediately fell in love. The idea was originally for a Dad’s {who has EVERYTHING} Birthday, but I thought it could be used for anyone. Gifts can be difficult, especially for the person who seems to have it all. This gift could be used for a birthday, anniversary, Christmas, or even a long distance idea – stick them in their suitcase before they leave.

So here’s how it goes down. You take a bunch of fabric hearts (or you could easily use paper if sewing isn’t your thing) and hide them all over the recipient’s home. Closet, bookshelves, cupboards, clothes, etc. Then you give them a jar that has an adorable tag attached that says, “Remember, I love you.” Anytime they find the heart, they’ll be thinking of you and how much you mean to them. Then they can add the heart to the jar and keep them all together once they find them. Thanks to Moorea Seal and I Go By Katie for sharing this awesome idea.

For more fun gift ideas, check out the “Exploding Love Box” or “50 Reasons Why I Love You” Jar!

11 Responses to “Remember, I Love You!”

1. Michelle Michelle says:

I love the patterns for the hearts, such cute fabric! Cute and easy idea, love it! xox <3

2. Tim says:

That’s a cute gift!

3. Candice Candice says:

What a great visual reminder that someone is loved! Cute idea!

4. Alyssa says:

oh my goodness! so cute! I’m so making these and putting them around the house before I leave for a week long Christmas get together with my family without my hubby! He will love it!

5. The best gift ideas are those that demonstrate the thought behind the gifts, presents that let the recipient know that they are valued for who they are.

6. Gemma says:

Thanks for this beautiful idea, I wanted to do something but was stuck until I happened upon this! I have nearly finished making all of my fabric hearts which I will leave around my fiancé’s house for him to find while I am overseas…then they will be used as decorations for our wedding! x

7. meganandjane says:

Great idea! I featured it on my “5 Ideas for Valentine’s Day” page. Keep up the great work!

8. Vicki says:

Hi!
    I read this post quite a while ago and I have finally had a chance to do this. I knew I was set to deploy at the end of March so around valentines day a set off to the craft stores in search for hearts. I thought I hit the jackpot when I found cute heart gems, but they were too big. I then chose some felt cut out confetti hearts. I bought every bag they had. That gave me about 200 hearts for only about $5. Then I went and grabbed a nice cube shaped jar, ribbon, and a tag. I put it all together and set it to the side for the next month while I got ready for my deployment. A day or two beforehand, I hid the hearts all over the place. In some places I left more than one. I left it on the counter right before I left for my deployment. Soon after, I got a picture of the jar and a smiley face. A few day later I got a message that read “I put that jar of hearts on the thing in the dining room. I put them in there as I find them.”

I think this was a fantastic way to keep reminding her that I love her.

1. […] A jar filled of heart is like a representation of your overflowing love for him. So easy to make, get a spare fabric, make a heart shape out from these fabric or paper if you can’t sew. Fill up a jar with these cute little hearts and put a note such as “Remember I Love You” it is so simple but makes a lasting impression of your romantic side. Get more ideas and impress him more by visiting The Dating Divas. […]