August 22, 2012

Sudoku Date

If you love to play the games in the newspaper, this date is perfect for you!

First go to the Dollar Store and get two game books that are exactly the same. I chose Sudoku, but you could choose Crosswords, Word Searches, or Mazes. Send one of the books to your spouse with this FREE PRINTABLE that has instructions.

Time yourself as you go through the book and send your times to your spouse to see if they can beat them!

You could also use this on your regular date! No need to time each other, just start at the same time and see who finishes first! ;)

Another great game to play with your spouse,  is The Newly Wed Game! Lisa made a FREE PRINTABLE of the Game, so go check it out.

Have Fun “Gaming!”

11 Responses to “Sudoku Date”

1. Erika Erika says:

I love Sudoku! Fun idea.

2. Nisha Nisha says:

This is a cute idea! My husband and I are kind of competitive and big gamers, so this would be fun for us.

3. Kari Kari says:

Oh my goodness, I have never played this game, but have been wanting to start. I hear it’s addicting! And what a great way to start, by making it into date night with my hubby!

4. Michelle Michelle says:

Seriously a cute idea. I’ve tried other newspaper type games and the such but never thought of sudoku. Thanks for making it easy for me to create our own game! Great idea and love the printable! xox <3

5. Ginny says:

Love this. We do Sudoku together anytime we go out. We grab a paper that is lying around the restaurant and dig into the puzzle together. what a fun idea to make it a challenge. perfect to send with him on Saturdays to work :)

6. Julie Julie says:

Fun idea. I love playing games that make you think. My husband and I found a really fun app that we like to play together. It is so fun to try to beat our own couples top score. The app is called Kakooma addition and it was only .99 which was so worth it. My mom got us hooked and now everyone in my family plays it.

7. Courtney says:

I was so psyched to find your site!! It is so awesome! We just celebrated our tenth anniversary and are always up for new ideas on how to keep things lively! But, we do this ALL THE TIME!! We have races doing Suduko or freecell on the computer. It ends up being a very fun and flirty time. ;)

I have never played this game! Gulp! Is that bad? But you sure made it look fun! I’ll have to try it!

9. Ami says:

My husband and I did something similar when we dated 16 years ago, Only it was logic problem books and we took them on a picnic. I thought it was one of the most romantic dates ever and was just thinking about trying to replicate it recently.