March 11, 2015

St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt

The Ultimate St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt!

Holidays are the perfect time to bring the family together for some memories and some fun! Today’s post provides you with everything you need to pull off a fun and memorable St. Patrick’s Day activity as a couple or for the whole family!

St.Patrick's Day Scavenger Hunt

This St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt is unique! Not only are there 8 different clues that will lead you through your home, but there are challenging tasks the family needs to complete before moving on to their next clue! It is the ultimate St. Patrick’s Day challenge!

St. Patrick's Day Scavenger Hunt Clue Printables

Here is How it Works:

St. Patrick's Day Scavenger Hunt Colorful Clue Bags

Start by printing out these fun clue bags for your hunt! Our talented designer, Crystal Nale from the site A Well Feathered Nest, {check out her awesome site!} created these colorful designs that you can print right onto a paper bag! I printed mine onto White Paper Bags that I bought on Amazon.

St. Patrick's Day Scavenger Hunt Bags with Clue

Attach the clue cards on the bottom of each bag to lead your hunters to the next clue.

St. Patrick's Day Scavenger Hunt Clue Bag with Game

Fill each bag with one of the various task activities! These are the challenges the family will have to complete before reading their next clue!

St. Patrick's Day Scavenger Hunt Game: Don't Eat Pete

The challenges include:

• Lucky Dice Roll
  • Unmix the Tricks
  • Gold Coin Search
  • Lephrechaun Notes
  • Your Leprechaun Name
  • Green Item Hunt
  • Don’t Eat Pete {the leprechaun} Game

What is Your Lephrecaun Name activity for a St. Patrick's Day Scavenger Hunt

Finally, place all the clue bags in the various locations around the home indicated by the clues! Besides the first clue that explains the game it doesn’t matter which order you go in. We tried to keep the clues generic to fit any home!

Set up a clue bag in the following locations of your home:

• The Fridge
  • Laundry Room
  • Front Door
  • Mailbox
  • Bath Tub
  • Bed
  • Bathroom Sink
  • TV

St. Patrick's Day Scavenger Hunt Final Clue Pot of Gold

Place this sign at the final location of the last clue. I think it would be fun to have a fun St. Patricks Day treat at the end for the family to enjoy! Anything green and delicious will do! We have a 25+ St. Patrick’s Day Treat ideas on our site! I love idea #10 for this scavenger hunt!

HOW TO PLAY

When it is time to play, gather your spouse and/or family and present them with the first clue which explains:

Leprechauns have been tiptoeing around,

Leaving Shamrocks on the ground.

Following rainbows will not do,

You must find the clovers and find the clues.

To get your clue that leads to your pot of gold,

You must complete the tasks as they unfold.

The clue then sends them to their first location where they race to find the “Lucky You” Clue bags!

St. Patrick's Day Scavenger Hunt Clue Bags Once they have found their location and their clue bag – have them open the bag to reveal the challenge that they must complete before reading their next clue! Each challenge includes an explanation card and some sort of printable to go with the game.

St. Patrick's Day Scavenger Hunt Game Inside

After successfully completing the challenge – your scavenger hunters can now peak on the bottom of the paper bag to read their next clue!

St. Patrick's Day Scavenger Hunt Clue Placement

These clues AND challenges make for a fun St. Patrick’s Day, filled with memories!

To get these fun printables to start YOUR own St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt click the link below:

St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt Printables

Bag Templates

Activity & Clue Cards

And before you start setting up your hunt – make sure to go see what other creative printables Crystal Nale has! You can find her at her site A Well Feathered Nest. With her help – you might even be able to create your own!

And for a more {ahem} private Scavenger Hunt with your spouse – check out our Leprechaun Love Hunt for after the kids are in bed!

38 Responses to “St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt ”

1. Tara says:

LOVE it, babe!! Great Idea!!

2. Laura says:

Sounds really interesting! Thank you for sharing

3. Me eil says:

help! I can’t figure out the first scrambled word…..{ARLDEIN}

4. ChrissyChrissy says:

This is probably the cutest idea EVER! Love it, girl!

5. Love, Love this! Printing this off for my family! They will all have to so much fun playing along!!!

• Lauren says:

How do you print it? :)

• SarinaSarina says:

Hello Lauren!
        To print everything out just scroll to the bottom of the post to the part that says “To get these fun printables to start YOUR own St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt click the link below” and then click the link below that says: “St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt Printables” From there you can print all of Crystal’s beautiful printables!

6. CourtneyCourtney says:

Ahhh! This turned out SOOOOO cute!!! Such an awesome idea!

7. Erlene says:

This is such a cute St. Patty’s scavenger hunt. I love that there are tasks involved too. Would love to include it in a game round-up with link back to this post.

8. Paige says:

Gorgeous pictures and fun idea! Great job!!!

9. Lauren says:

Hi where do you find the free printouts ?? want to print out this hunt for my family but can’t find where to do it?

• SarinaSarina says:

10. sam says:

I love love love this idea!! i am totally doing this on St. Patty’s day w/ my entire family! i was just looking at the leprechaun names and in both spots is says the first letter of your name instead i think the bottom one should be the month you were born i’m guessing! is that right? thanks for all the great ideas! keep them coming!!

• SarinaSarina says:

Thank you so much for letting me know! You are completely right, and we are working with the designer to get that changed right away! Enjoy the hunt!

11. Jess says:

I LOVE it-Such a fun idea- I love that you added the tasks! I am pressing print right. .. NOW! Can’t wait for St. Patty’s Day!!

12. Meghan Hedrick says:

Love this idea so unique especially when expecting our first so no green beer for us! Can not wait to for him to play this great St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt

13. Canada says:

What a fantastic idea! Thanks for sharing… Just as an FYI, the link to “A Well Feathered Nest” seems to only bring us back to this same Dating Divas post. I can’t wait to also check out all of Crystal’s other stuff, too. :-)

14. Cryss says:

You saved me, and you saved me with style. Every year I make a print out a new sort of treasure hunt to do with my son and here it is the night before St. Patrick’s Day and I realized I completely forgot. I went searching and found this and can’t tell you how glad I am that I actually forgot. I absolutely love your idea of tasks to do with each clue. Not only does it make the fun last longer and add something new to it, but now we can all really work as a family and play the games together. Thank you so much!

15. Christina says:

I can’t get the link to work for the other things, only the bag template. Am I doing something wrong? :-(

• SarinaSarina says:

I am sorry that you are having difficulties. Because the file was so large we have the printables in 2 sections. If you click on “Bag Templates” you will get the bag portion and then you can click on the “Activity and Clue Cards” to get the rest. Are you clicking on the “Activity and Clue Cards” link?

16. Christina says:

Sorry, never mind… I figured it out lol. Thanks for this btw! We’re about to have lots of fun w the kiddos w this! :-)

17. Jessica says:

I’m a little slow but are the just a notes for the game where you tell someone what you love about them?

18. Michelle says:

Used these ideas and incorporated some of my own!! My girls said this was the best scavenger hunt ever :) I told my all my friends on Facebook and made sure I liked you there too!! Thanks so much!!

19. Michelle says:

Family is doing it NOW. So much fun! Thank you!!!!

20. Kathy Z says:

Thank you so much for sharing this. We did the hunt with the kids and they LOVED it!!!! So much fun ;)

21. Jess says:

Used it and LOVED IT!! it was such a hit with everyone!! You did a FANTASTIC job!!

1. […] to give you a few ways you can ensure to “get lucky” this month! The best way, check out our St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt for some romantic fun!  If you are looking to surprise your man with all of his favorite green […]

2. […] thedatingdivas.com via Jess on […]