December 10, 2010

The 12 Days of Christmas

Who doesn’t look forward to the most wonderful time of the year?  The presents, the parties, the food!! Sooo much JOY!  With this time of year there is also a whole lot of giving going on. Food drives, Toys for tots, Giving trees! However do we choose which one to contribute to? Or do we just do them all?? Every year I really make a valiant (if I do say so myself) effort to donate. Whether it’s a buck at the register or my leftover change dropping in Santa’s bucket as I’m leaving the store.  I always feel good about the donation, but I never get to see the results of my good deeds. This year I want to do something more personal. Something more close to home. My solution???

The 12 days of Christmas!

This is a 12-day Countdown that your family can “gift” to another. Each night you visit the unsuspecting family by leaving a neatly staged gift on the doorstep, ringing the bell, and RUNNING FOR YOUR LIFE!! I hope you have some fast runners in your family or else some REALLY good hiding places. ;) Technically, this form of gifting should begin on Christmas Day and last until January 6th; but oftentimes it’s done earlier in December…..beginning on the 13th of the month and ending on Christmas Eve.  Either way you decide to do it, it’s sure to give you an adrenaline rush!  All you have to do is keep quiet, move swiftly, and NOT FORGET to scout out your hiding spots beforehand! Give the kids a chance to try their hands at the fun of R & R (Ringing & Running)!   Don’t you worry about any of the work either, because I’ve done MOST of the prep for you! Hopefully all of the hard stuff! You’ll find EVERYTHING you need for each day in THIS and  THIS FABULOUS PRINTABLE! You get the riddles, number tags, and a shopping list to boot! All you have to do is choose that LUCKY family, purchase those gifts, and deliver the packages (without being seen, of course)!! If your kiddos can’t do the ringing and running perhaps they can help pick out and wrap up the gifts! Here is a sneak peak at a few of the riddles (just to get you excited):

There is plenty more where these riddles came from just check out the above links that I told you about! I’ve included a blank set of riddle cards so you can tailor this activity to that LUCKY family of your choosing! This is a great way to help another family feel special this Christmas season! Did I mention that you don’t need to spend a lot of greenbacks either?!?  I promise you can keep it inexpensive…..it cost me less than $30 to gift all 12 twelve days! You have some time so watcha waiting for……..go get those 12 days of Christmas gifts!!!

14 Responses to “The 12 Days of Christmas”

1. Cassie says:

Hi, I love this but I was wondering if there is any way to edit it once I have downloaded it? The family name needs to be changed!!

2. Amanda says:

Your shopping list seems to have been spammed. Can you repost it? I LOVE the idea!!! And can’t wait to do it for a family needing just a little extra TLC this holiday season.

3. Amanda says:

I LOVE this idea and can’t wait to do it for a family who needs a little extra TLC this holiday season. Your shopping list seems to have been spammed. Can you repost it?

4. Jeanna says:

What a wonderful idea! What items did you buy?

5. Got your message on Pinterest. Seems to be working for me today. Don’t know what the glitch was or on who’s side. Thanks for looking into the page not loading for me!
    Some years ago, my kids and I did this for an elderly friend of ours. It was a lot of fun. We didn’t have any printouts for it and haven’t done it since. They’re grown and gone now, with kids of their own, but hey, there’s nothing saying I can’t do it again by my self!

6. Laura says:

What items did you buy to go along with your 12 days of Christmas? I dont see anywhere there is a list of stuff that goes with each of the 12 days printables.

7. jessica says:

Hello:)
    I love this idea! However, nothing I click on is taking me to the printables or shopping list? It is very possible I am totally missing something lol.

Thank You!

8. jamie says:

Love the idea but nothing on the page is taking me to a list?? Help please!

9. Cheery the Elf says:

My daughter sent your link to me, asking if it could be an off-shoot of a family tradition we have been doing for about 30 years. A helpful hint for people wanting to carry out this lovely tradition: be cautious of places with noisy dogs. They give you away before you get half way down the driveway. Also, it is fun to enlist the help of neighbours and friends who have been recipients in previous years; neighbour kids particularly enjoy helping and take the secrecy vow seriously. On year, we had a woman who had recently become widowed. A friend who had gone through a similar experience knocked on the door & delivered the last gift. They ended out talking and sharing their stories for over an hour. The recipient never did find out who was responsible, yet said that the little gifts are what got her through the difficult first Christmas alone. Several years, people have gone to extreme lengths to discover who Santa
    s elves were [flood lights, trip wires, people taking shifts peeking out the window until the wee hours. ]Over the years, only one person caught me red handed. She joined in the next year. Thank you for spreading a little Christmas joy and making it so easy for others to join in.

10. Emily says:

Did you have a list of what you did everyday? I couldn’t find the shopping list. The printables are adorable!
    Thanks!

11. Megan says:

Can you repost your shopping list? Link isn’t working, and the printables are so cute. Can’t wait to use them!

12. Denice says:

having trouble getting the list for the 12 days of Christmas so could u tell me how to get it please?

1. […] Christmas;  The 12 Days of Christmas, a Ring and Run,  My Favorite Christmas Tradition, and  The Dating Divas 12 Days of Christmas for […]