Romantic Getaways for Couples
Anyone else in need of a vacation?! How about a romantic getaway? It is our opinion that a romantic getaway with your sweetie is ALWAYS a good idea. We have decided to create IN-DEPTH list of travel tips and ideas specifically for COUPLES! Today, we are going to share #AllTheThings on some of our FAVORITE romantic getaway destinations. And, we’re covering places in both the U.S. and international locations! So, if you are planning your honeymoon, an anniversary trip, or a romantic getaway with your spouse, check out all our ideas below!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. To learn more about ’em, click here.
Keep in mind, these are just a FEW places we love! If don’t see your favorite romantic destination below, be sure to sound-off in the comments! We would love to hear all about the romantic places you’ve been with your sweetheart that you’ve LOVED!
Now, are you ready for these romantic getaway ideas? To make it easier, we have even divided our ideas into categories for you, including:
- Romantic Destination Ideas in the…
- Travel Keepsake Ideas
- Couples Travel Photography Tips and Ideas
So sit back. Relax. And get ready for some SERIOUS vacation inspiration. Let’s start with some of our favorite romantic getaway destinations! Ready… Set… SCROLL!
Couples Romantic Getaway Ideas
On one hand, getting away ANYWHERE with your sweetie can be a fun change of scene for your marriage. On the other hand, going somewhere you’ve never been before can be an adventure you remember forever! Therefore, consider both NEW and “visited before” places when deciding on your next romantic getaway!
By the way, we realize that ever marriage is different. What one couple considers a romantic getaway, another might not care for! Consider what you and your sweetie’s hobbies and preferences. Then, look over this list! If you’re surprising your spouse with a trip, maybe look for a few specific activities you could do that are of interest to them. Then, they’ll really get excited to get away with you!
Getaway Spots in the West
For starters, vacation destinations in the WEST! Some of the BEST vacation spots for couples live here! Want beaches? Mountains? Theme parks? National parks? You’ll find them all here! Take notes on your favorites as you scroll. Then, keep in mind the associated travel costs and accommodations depending on the location! 😉
We’ll begin in the beautiful, sunny state of Arizona!
The Best Couples Vacation Ideas in Arizona
Arizona is the perfect location for a couples vacation during the months of November – March! Escape the winter blues here! Enjoy the warm weather, red rock, and gorgeous dessert blooms with your spouse in sunny Arizona! Here are just a few of our favorite romantic vacation spots!
- Sedona, Arizona – Sedona is a popular romantic getaway destination for a number of reasons! Not only is the red rock scenery ABSOLUTELY gorgeous, but it’s also a very quiet area. Be sure to check out the couples hot air balloon rides available in Sedona!
- Scottsdale, Arizona – Scottsdale is a beautiful area filled with tons of activities for couples. Check out the luxurious resorts, shopping, restaurants, and more it has to offer. Most importantly, enjoy the sun with your sweetheart in this gorgeous town!
Best Romantic Getaway Locations in California
Looking for the perfect couples vacation? Consider California! California’s unique terrain offers a range of options for any type of personality. Want proof?! Check out just a few of our favorite spots for an adventurous, relaxing, or playful vacation with your spouse!
- Big Sur, California – Do you love the outdoors? Do you want your honeymoon or romantic getaway to feel special and romantic? No problem! Take a look at Big Sur! This area is filled with gorgeous views of the ocean and cliff side hikes! It’s the perfect area for glamping with your spouse!
- Palm Springs, California – If you are looking for a romantic destination filled with palm trees and clear desert skies, Palm Springs is your place!
- San Fransisco, California – So my husband and I actually just booked our next couples vacation to San Fransisco. We CANNOT wait to go! The city offers such a variety of activities and places to explore. Some of the best include Fisherman’s Wharf, Golden Gate Park, Lombard Street, and Alcatraz Island. We are looking forward to discovering the fun and unique city together!
- Anaheim, California – One word: Disneyland. Not only is Disneyland the most magical place in the world, it can also be one of the most romantic! Recently, my husband and I took a quick trip to the Anaheim. Let me tell you… It did NOT disappoint! We felt like kids running around Disneyland from ride to ride! In other words, it was definitely a romantic vacation for the books! If you want a seamless trip, Get Away Today is the place to book it through! Disneyland is so much fun but can be daunting and stressful. These guys make it EASY! Don’t forget to use our promo code: DIVAS for additional savings! Yep, you are welcome!
- Napa Valley, California – This beautiful area in California will make you feel like you are in Italy! For starters, take a romantic horse-drawn tour through the rolling hills and vineyards! Secondly, be sure to check out The Redwoods. Whale watching, golf courses, and art festivals are just a few other activities you would love!
The Best Vacation Spots in Colorado
If you love the outdoors, you have got to take a look at Colorado! Most importantly, it’s known for it’s picturesque mountains and scenery. Additionally, Colorado is a great location to unwind and reconnect as a couple! Here are two of our favorite destinations!
- Aspen, Colorado – Aspen isn’t only the perfect romantic destination during the winter. It is also a great spot to escape during the summer! However, don’t forget to book a couples massage with your sweetheart in one of the many luxurious spas!
- Pagosa Springs, Colorado – Gorgeous, snowy slopes for skiing and hot springs for relaxing! Talk about the perfect combination for a romantic outdoor vacation! Also, check out one of the many cabins for a secluded couples getaway!
Couples Vacation Spots in Hawaii
Let’s be honest. It’s hard to go wrong with a vacation in Hawaii! It’s serene, exotic, and ABSOLUTELY romantic! Fall in love with your spouse all over again when you travel to Hawaii! Below are just a few of our favorite spots in the tropical islands!
- Big Island – This diverse island is ideal for couples who are looking for more that just a week of lounging! If you are a spontaneous couple who loves adventure, put this island on your bucket list! Spend a romantic week visiting the various unique beaches. Meanwhile, try snorkeling, whale watching, taking a helicopter tour, or climbing a volcano!
- Kauai – If you want to enjoy seclusion and the beauty of Hawaii with your sweetheart, Kauai’s your island! This picturesque, no-fuss location is filled with natural beauty! Simply relax and reconnect with your spouse in this dream-like destination!
- Maui – Maui is a great romantic destination for couples traveling to Hawaii who are looking for a taste of everything! First, you can relax with your spouse on one of Maui’s gorgeous white beaches. Or, take an adventure together along the Road to Hana!
- Oahu – As you plan your honeymoon, be sure to research Oahu! This diverse island is a great location for couples! There is so much to do together on this island that the possibilities are endless!
- Lanai – If money is not a concern, be sure to check out this EXCLUSIVE island for your next vacation with your honey! Enjoy the colorful reefs and remote beaches during your most romantic getaway yet!
The Best Romantic Getaway Destinations in Utah
The wonderful thing about the state of Utah is its four seasons. This means it is the perfect place to travel as a couple ALL YEAR ROUND! Here are just four of our favorite places to relax and getaway in Utah!
- Park City, Utah – Park city has something to offer everyone! It’s perfect if you are an adventure seeking couple and are looking to reconnect with nature. Additionally, check out the golf courses, hiking trails, and ski resorts! If you are a couple who is looking to relax, book a massage in one of the outstanding resorts or take a stroll hand in hand through the rustic town!
- Canyon Point, Utah – This little oasis is tucked away in the desert of Utah. It is the ULTIMATE spot for a secluded honeymoon, anniversary, or couples getaway! It is primarily known for it’s romantic Amangiri Resort. Additionally, this relaxing destination is close to the shores of Lake Powell or the Escalante National Monument!
- Moab, Utah – This is the perfect honeymoon for those who LOVE adventure! Although Moab is a small town, there is so much to do! Not to mention the fact that it is surrounded by so many national parks makes it extra amazing! Therefore, spend some time reconnecting with nature and your sweetheart in this desert oasis!
- Salt Lake City, Utah – Salt Lake is another great destination for couples looking to vacation with a variety of options! Discover this big city and its unique shopping, museums, and restaurants!
Our Favorite Couples Getaway Spots in Wyoming
Trust us…Wyoming is not just a state for cowboys! It is also a state for couples looking for a romance! Want proof? Check out some of our favorite romantic destinations below!
- Yellowstone, Wyoming – Have a blast exploring the outdoors with your loved one in beautiful Yellowstone! Go on a horseback ride or stay in a romantic cabin for an intimate experience! Yellowstone will be a trip you and your spouse will never forget!
- Jackson Hole – When my husband first mentioned to me that he wanted to go on a couples vacation to Jackson Hole, I thought he was completely crazy! My first thought was, “Wyoming? Really?! That’s not very romantic!”… People– DO NOT rule out Wyoming! I could not have been MORE wrong! Places like Jackson Hole in Wyoming provide the ULTIMATE romantic atmosphere for couples looking for seclusion and a place to be alone. In conclusion, you can’t help but relax in this area filled with natural beauty!
We’ve touched on some of the most romantic locations in the WEST. Now on to…
Romantic Getaway Spots in the South
The South offers TONS of rich culture, delicious food, and of course, romance! If you’ve never been in this neck of the woods, consider any one of these getaway locations for your next couples trip and you will not regret it!
Before we dive in, we have to give credit to the south for offering some of the best people watching and crowd pleasing activities. There’s just something special there that if you’re not already from there, you immediately embrace when you’re there! Let’s start this area off with…
The Best Getaway Destinations in Florida
Florida is definitely one of the top destinations for honeymooners in the United States! Let’s be honest, is that any surprise? With its gorgeous weather, beaches, and turquoise waters, who could resist an incredible vacation in Florida?! We have included just a few of our favorite places to vacay as a couple in Florida below!
- The Florida Keys – This romantic area includes white sandy beaches, palm trees, and warm breezes! You and your sweetheart will never want to leave!
- St. Petersburg, Florida – Take a step back in time when you visit St. Petersburg! This adorable town has a European vibe to it, making it feel like a magical dream vacation! In addition, this is such a great location for couples who are looking for a romantic European vacation, but need an affordable alternative!
- Pensacola, Florida – Let time stand still as you vacation with your sweetheart in this beachfront community! There are a number of romantic bed and breakfast options in Pensacola, as well as delicious restaurants. Relax as you walk hand in hand along the Fort Pickens Gulf Islands Seashore!
- Miami, Florida – Miami is such a popular honeymoon destination. It is known for its white sand beaches, turquoise waters, and fine dining! It is also a great place to travel as a couple year round! Relax together on the beach and then indulge in one the romantic couples spa treatments at one Miami’s popular resorts!
Couples Trip Locations in Georgia
Georgia is the ideal destination for honeymooners and traveling couples! Georgia has SO much to offer with its vibrant landscapes and rich history! Take a look at just a couple of our favorite romantic spots!
- Savannah, Georgia – If you are looking for a slower pace, you will LOVE Savannah! Known for it’s Victorian Home District and gorgeous gardens, you can get a taste of the sweet south with your honey in Savannah!
- Golden Isles, Georgia – Check out this timeless destination nestled on the Georgia Coast! In other words, these dream-like islands were made for relaxing! Sit back with your spouse in the Golden Isles and ignore time as you reconnect!
Romantic Vacations in North Carolina
Looking for an adventure? How about an opportunity to spend some intimate time with your sweetheart? North Carolina has options for you! This state is FILLED with southern charm and rich history. Take a look at a couple of our favorite romantic destinations in North Carolina!
- Brunswick Islands, North Carolina – Picture this: Cuddling up to your sweetheart in a little cottage on the beach! Sign me up! Take a step back in time when you travel to this dream town. Additionally, enjoy shopping, dinning, boating, golfing, and RELAXING as a couple!
- Asheville, North Carolina – This is definitely a place we recommend as your next couples vacay! Known for it’s artistic community, there is SO MUCH to do as a couple in this town! First, be sure to check out the historic Biltmore Estate, Blue Ridge Parkway. Most importantly, don’t skip on any of the Southern desserts! Yum yum!
Getaway Destinations in South Carolina
There is so much to explore on a romantic escape to South Carolina! Discover this charming state filled with quiet streets, world famous beaches, and southern food! Below are just a few of our favorite places in South Carolina! Be sure to check em’ out!
- Hilton Head, South Carolina – Talk about the perfect place to dip your toes in the sand with your spouse! Hilton Head’s beaches are considered some of the world’s most beautiful! That is to say, once you begin relaxing here, you will never want to leave!
- Charleston, South Carolina – I am not kidding when I say everything about this city says romance! For your honeymoon or next vacation with your spouse, tour the city in a horse-drawn carriage! OR, grab a mint lemonade, cruise the harbor, and check out the art galleries and antique shops South of Broad.
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina – You can’t go wrong with Myrtle Beach! Lose track of time with your sweetheart as you relax in this gorgeous area of South Carolina!
The Best of the Best Getaway Spots in Texas
First things first, we invite you to explore together as a couple the state of Texas! Why? Texas is rich in culture, art, adventure, and most importantly… ROMANCE! Whether you are looking for a secluded small town or a big city, Texas has everything you need for the perfect honeymoon or couples vacation! Below are just a few of our favorite spots!
- San Antonio, Texas – As you plan your honeymoon or next vacation with your spouse, take a look at San Antonio. On one hand, it’s the most-visited city in Texas. On the other, San Antonio’s unique attractions including the romantic river walk, La Villita, and Marriage Island, are perfect for couples!
- Austin, Texas – Austin provides the perfect mix of a small town and a big city for couples! Looking for a romantic outdoor adventure? Be sure to check out Mount Bonnell!
- Fredricksburg, Texas / Texas Hill Country – Even though Texas Hill Country is just west of Austin, it feels worlds away! Therefore, escape the hustle and bustle of life with your sweetheart in this quaint area!
- Galveston Island, Texas – Galveston offers plenty to do and see on a honeymoon or couples romantic getaway! Whether you enjoy the beach, art and culture, history, or adventure… Galveston Island has it all!
Romantic Getaway Spots in the Midwest
Prepare yourself for some seriously romantic destinations here in the Midwest! To be honest, so many of these were brand new to me and now I want to make sure EVERYONE knows about these beautiful places!
Fare warning, you’ll likely end up planning multiple trips back to the Midwest because it has so many secret and hidden gems!
The Best Romantic Getaway Trips Found in Illinois
Illinois is a great place for a romantic vacation or honeymoon because it offers a variety of options! Whether you are looking for a small town getaway or a vibrant metropolitan city to explore… Illinois has you covered! Enjoy activities like horseback riding, a couples massage, or hiking. You can even attend a Broadway-style show! Here are just two of our favorite destinations in Illinois!
- Galena, Illinois – This quaint little town exudes charm! It’s filled with romantic resorts, bed and breakfasts, cute boutiques, and nearby vineyards. Galena is the perfect spot to getaway with your sweetheart! Additionally, the town’s slow pace, is perfecting for reconnecting with your spouse!
- Chicago, Illinois – Chicago is a romantic city that offers so much for couples to do and explore! Therefore, on your next romantic vacation to Chicago, take in the stunning skyscapes on top of the Willis Tower or enjoy a stroll hand in hand through Millennium Park!
Romantic Places to Visit in Michigan
Lose track of time during your next romantic vacation! Simply put, Michigan is a hidden gem for couples looking to escape and relax! It’s filled with peaceful resorts and charming small towns. In other words, you and your spouse will fall in love with this enchanting state! Check out just a few of our favorite unique destinations below!
- South Haven, Michigan – This harbor town is SO cozy, which is why it is the ideal destination for any couple planning their next romantic retreat! Book your honeymoon or couples getaway in one of South Haven’s many bed and breakfast inns! Enjoy chocolate covered strawberries, sparkling juice, a bed of roses, and an intimate couples massage for a vacation to remember!
- Petoskey, Michigan – Petoskey is a wonderful couples destination ALL year round! Take a romantic retreat as a couple to this woodland area! Make time to visit the beaches, Bay Harbor golf course, and don’t forget to enjoy cuddling as you watch the GORGEOUS Petoskey sunset!
- Mackinac Island, Michigan – Have you heard of Mackinac Island!? I’ll admit I hadn’t until my in-laws recently returned from a trip to this unique location! Let me tell you, Mackninac Island has DEFINITELY been added to my travel bucket list! Did you know this little town doesn’t have cars?! – Yup! They have horse drawn buggies instead!!! Escape the hustle and bustle of life with your sweetheart in this relaxing area of Michigan! In conclusion, This Island has SO much to offer, you’ll never want to leave!
The Best Romantic Getaway Locations in Wisconsin
Recapture your romance in Wisconsin! Whether you are planning your honeymoon, anniversary trip, or a couples getaway, you are sure to create memories in this beautiful state! Here are a few of our favorite locations and ideas while traveling to Wisconsin!
- Chetek, Wisconsin – Pack some cocoa, a cuddly blanket, and cozy socks. Then, get ready to fall in love all over again in this magical winter wonderland! Chetek is well-known for its luxurious Canoe Bay Cabins. They offer a variety of rooms, villas and cottages. Ignite romantic sparks during your next vacation in this rustic countryside!
- Madison, Wisconsin – If you like history, you and your spouse will love exploring Madison! Take a stroll around the city center and visit the many museums. Or, explore one of the famous and romantic restaurants!
- Lake Geneva, Wisconsin – No matter the time of year, Lake Geneva is the perfect destination for a romantic vacation! This picturesque town offers ice skating, horseback riding, sailing lessons, and so much more!
- Kohler, Wisconsin – Kohler is a great location for an anniversary trip or honeymoon! Just 2 hours away from Chicago, escape the busy life and relax in this slow paced town!
- Door County, Wisconsin – Why visit Door County you ask? Well, for starters, the sunsets are magical. If that doesn’t say, “romance” I don’t know what does! So get ready to cuddle up, enjoy great food, and listen to the sound of the waves hitting the shores!
Couples Vacation Spots in Missouri
Missouri is a great romantic destination for couples who LOVE to have fun! This state is FILLED with adventure and things to do! Take a look at a couple of our favorite romantic destinations in Missouri!
- Branson, Missouri – You and your spouse will never be bored in Branson, Missouri! This destination provides the perfect mix of romance and excitement! With 53 theaters it is known as the live entertainment capital of the world! Treat yourselves to a carefree trip with your spouse!
- St. Louis, Missouri – This city has everything you need for a romantic vacation with your sweetheart! First off, take a carriage ride and then enjoy a candlelit dinner as a couple in one of St. Louis’s many romantic restaurants! Secondly, be sure to take a relaxing stroll through Forest Park!
Romantic Getaways in the Northeast
We’re now sharing all the must-have places to getaway as a couple in the Northeast! If you haven’t been to any of these places before, prepare to plan out your next ten years of trips. There’s SO much to do and so much to experience, all arm in arm with your sweetheart on a romantic getaway!
By the way, all of these ideas have us wanting to travel ourselves. If you’re anything like us, consider ranking which places are your favorites and then hitting them up in order!
Couples Vacation Ideas in Connecticut
People love Connecticut for its quiet beaches and tranquil forests. Therefore, it’s no wonder couples are escaping to this romantic destination! This enchanting state is a great location to unwind and reconnect as a couple! Here are two of our favorite destinations!
- Hartford, Connecticut – This romantic city is known for its classic elegance! If you are looking for an unforgettable vacation, be sure to check out Hartford! Certainly you and your spouse will fall in love with its rich culture, serene landscapes, and romantic resorts and spas!
- Mystic Seaport, Connecticut – Looking for a romantic honeymoon destination in Connecticut? Be sure to check out Mystic Seaport! This historic port town is one of the most romantic places in Connecticut, for a good reason! Most importantly, enjoy strolling around this old village hand in hand with your spouse!
The Best Getaway Vacations in Massachusetts
Massachusetts makes an ideal romantic travel destination for couples! For starters, it includes rich history, big cities, and gorgeous woodlands. Not to mention, it has serene beaches (our favorite!) Check out just five of our favorite couples getaways below!
- Boston, Massachusetts – Boston is another destination on my bucket list! Why?! Because it SCREAMS romance, especially for those couples who LOVE history! Just imagine holding hands walking down Freedom Trail! You could also try some fresh clam chowder, lobster, or Boston baked beans. Each are in many of the delicious markets or restaurants!
- Cape Cod, Massachusetts – Are you looking for the perfect honeymoon destination? Well, look no further. Trust us when we say, Cape Cod has it all! This charming New England hot spot offers sandy beaches, delicious seafood, and plenty of entertainment!
- Nantucket, Massachusetts – Nantucket is a great destination for honeymooners and couples! This romantic destination is ideal for couples looking to escape the busy life. Slow down your pace as you explore the Great Point Light, bike ride along the coastal beaches, and enjoy great dining and food!
- Bershires, Massachusetts – Are you in need of a relaxing vacation to recapture your romance with your spouse? Consider the Berkshires. They are filled with gorgeous scenery, entertainment, and culture. In addition, the Berkshires provides tons of attractions to explore as a couple in love!
- Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts – Imagine lighthouses in the sunset, sandy beaches, and expansive vineyards. Doesn’t that sound romantic!? Although it takes a ferry to get to this gorgeous island, you will not regret taking a trip here! This little island is FILLED with romance!
Romantic Getaway Spots in New York
The wonderful thing about the state of New York is that it is a romantic destination ALL YEAR ROUND! Here are just four of our favorite places to relax and getaway in New York!
- New York City, New York – If you enjoy the city scene then New York City is the perfect romantic destination! On the one hand, thousands of couples visit the Big City each year to explore the gourmet restaurants, museums, and historic landmarks! On the other hand, picture holding hands with your honey at the top of the Empire State Building or strolling through Central Park! Together, you will never be bored in New York City!
- Lake Placid, New York – Escape with your sweetheart to this romantic destination! Whether you are looking for a intimate cabin or luxurious resort, Lake Placid has it all!
- Saratoga Springs, New York – This romantic town is a wonderful place for couples to vacation! Due to it’s Victorian-era vibe, you’ll enjoy strolling down the main street of Saratoga Springs during an unforgettable and relaxing vacation!
Spots to Getaway for Couples in Rhode Island
The tiniest state lacks nothing when it comes to a romance! We are talking 400 miles of coastal shoreline for boating, swimming, surfing and fishing! Escape with your sweetheart to this magical and romantic hot spot. Below are a couple of our favorite destinations in Rhode Island!
- Newport, Rhode Island – If you are looking to getaway for a romantic vacation, check out Newport Rhode Island! This town is filled with seaside elegance! First, get lost with your spouse in the twisting streets and lavish mansions! Then, be sure to check out sailing lessons or one of the many music festivals!
- Providence, Rhode Island – The Capital of Rhode Island is filled with New England charm and architecture! No wonder couples love vacationing to this romantic coastal destination! So whether you enjoy art and culture, history, or adventure, Providence has it all for the perfect honeymoon or couples getaway!
Romantic Vacations in Vermont
Vermont is a state filled with hospitality. Not to mention, it has rolling green hills and mountain backdrops galore! This makes it the perfect spot for couples in love! Cozy and romantic, take a look at just a few of our favorite destinations to travel with a spouse!
- Manchester, Vermont – This beautiful and romantic village is nestled away in the mountains of Vermont. It provides a very intimate setting for couples! Most importantly, enjoy your time with your spouse strolling through the streets and shops, snowshoeing, and dining at romantic restaurants!
- Champlain Valley, Vermont – Vermont’s Champlain Valley has all the ingredients for a perfect honeymoon or couples romantic retreat! We are talking gorgeous sunsets, beautiful scenery, swimming, hiking, skiing, shopping, and boating! In addition, you can choose to stay lakeside or hide out in the mountains. Either way, you are going to love discovering this romantic little destination with your sweetheart!
- Stowe, Vermont – If you are looking for picturesque scenery during your vacation with your sweetheart, you definitely need to check out Stowe! The gorgeous mountains and fall foliage provide the perfect backdrop for a romantic trip!
Leaving the United States, now we head to the neighboring country of Canada!
Romantic Getaway Places in Canada
To experience Canada is to truly live! So many of the world’s most beautiful places are in Canada. Why not experience them with your sweetheart! Grab your passport! It’s time to plan out your couples trip to one of these romantic destinations!
For your information, we have heard that traveling within Canada is incredibly easy and convenient! Therefore, if you’re at all worried not knowing the area, consider contacting any of the tourism sites below for more information!
The Best Romantic Getaway Spots in Alberta
Alberta provides the perfect setting for a romantic getaway for two! This unique oasis is filled with mountains, sparkling lakes, and beautiful forests! Here are just two of our favorite romantic spots in Alberta!
- Banff, Alberta – Banff is one of my FAVORITE destinations to travel for a number of reasons! It is just one of those places where it is beautiful no matter the time of year! First off, Lake Louise is also a MUST if you are vacationing with your spouse. It is breathtaking! Secondly, it has been named one of the world’s top honeymoon destinations. Why? Because it is secluded, pristine, cozy and so beautiful. It’s likely you’ll just want to pinch yourself to make sure you are not dreaming! So, enjoy this magical destination and its extraordinary beauty!
- Calgary, Alberta – This young and vibrant city is a great location for a couples getaway! It includes entertainment, fine dinning, and plenty of activities! You and your spouse will love exploring this romantic big city together!
Couples Getaway Spots in British Columbia
British Columbia is home to some of the MOST romantic destinations in the world! Whisk away your loved one to the romantic mountain escape of your dreams! Trust us. You will not want to leave! Check out just a few of the top romantic destinations in British Columbia below!
- Whistler, British Columbia – Want snow and a wintery retreat? Whistler is choice for you! First, the snowy scenery is beyond majestic. Second, this romantic destination is also known as one of the World’s best skiing locations! So, when do we leave?!
- Victoria, British Columbia – Here is yet another destination that is on my bucket list. This is the perfect lover’s escape! Enjoy the beauty of Victoria with your spouse. It’s exquisite gardens and relaxing spas are calling me!
Romantic Getaways in Nova Scotia
Looking for a place to set the mood for you and your spouse? Well, there is no better place to spark the romance than Nova Scotia! Check out just a couple of our favorite destinations below!
- Cape Breton, Nova Scotia – If you are looking for a relaxing place to retreat with your honey, you definitely need to take a look at Cape Breton! This city has a slow pace that welcomes relaxation and romance. To sum up, Cape Breton is all about you, your spouse, and the GORGEOUS landscapes!
- Halifax, Nova Scotia – Check out Halifax if you’re looking for romance! For starters, this historic harbor city is the capital of Nova Scotia. Additionally, it is also one of the most romantic destinations…and with good reason! In other words, enjoy strolling around and exploring this timeless city with your spouse!
Couples Vacation Destinations in Quebec
Romance fills the air of Quebec! In other words, this breathtaking place would make the perfect couples vacation! It’s filled with lush forests, gorgeous waterfalls, and French history! Need I say more? Here are just two of our favorite romantic destinations for honeymooners and couples traveling to Quebec!
- Montreal, Quebec – If you and your spouse have maybe dreamed of traveling to Paris, you might consider traveling to Montreal instead! Montreal offers a similar romantic Parisian charm as the streets of Paris! In addition, it has a number of gorgeous resorts and attractions. Some include the Notre-Dame Basilica, the St. Lawrence riverfront and the Marche Bonsecours market!
- Quebec City, Quebec – First things first, this 400 year old city is filled with romance. Therefore, it is the perfect destination for couples! Journey to Quebec City and walk hand in hand with your spouse along it’s cobblestone streets. On top of that, enjoy the scenic views of the water!
International Romantic Getaway Destinations
Celebrating a major anniversary? Huge accomplishment? Job change? We know international travel is not for everyone. However, when you see this list, you’ll definitely consider it dream-worthy! Check out the best romantic getaway destinations that are international below! Then, start packing your bags!
Most importantly, we know that traveling internationally can be complex. Therefore, we got you covered! Just click on the name of the location below and you’ll find a full website with information. Then, if you’re worried about money conversions, travel requirements, or additional trip recommendations, you’ll find all the answers there!
Romantic Vacations for Couples in Mexico
The great thing about Mexico is there is a variety of options! You can either hop on a cruise with your sweetheart or fly to an all-inclusive resort! For starters, here are a few of our favorite romantic spots in Mexico! Definitely make sure to check em’ out!
- Los Cabos, Mexico – Rekindle your romance in Cabo! From five-star hotels to all-inclusive resorts, this Mexican oasis has it all! In other words, is there any better way to spend time with your spouse? We recommend strolling along the romantic beaches of Cabo hand in hand!
- Tulum, Mexico – Tulum has all the ingredients you need for a romantic beach getaway with your sweetheart! Firstly, this beach side spot has blue-green water and Mayan ruins on the water’s edge. It is absolutely stunning! Second, couples can enjoy activities like snorkeling, scuba diving, and dining at the romantic restaurants nearby!
- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico – Puerto Vallarta is OOZING with romance! That is to say, this gorgeous destination includes all your favorite things. We’re talking white sandy beaches, palm trees, and warm breezes! So, we invite you to lose track of time with your sweetheart in this lovers paradise! As a result, you will both never want to leave!
The Best Getaway Destinations in The Caribbean
The Caribbean is another location that offers a wide variety of options for couples! For example, visit just one of the tropical paradises. You’ll experience a vacation you and your spouse will never forget! In addition, here are JUST three of it’s beautiful locations for traveling couples!
- Jamaica – Two words: Montego Bay! If you are looking for crystal blue waters and a tropical paradise to enjoy with your spouse, you have got to check this place out!
- Honduras – This tropical oasis is perfect for couples looking for an intimate vacation! To begin, you can relax and lounge on the white sandy beaches. After that, seek out a new adventure. For example, kayaking, ziplining, paddleboarding, and more! At the end of the day, enjoy cuddling up with your sweetheart and watching the romantic sunset in this tropical paradise!
- Belize – Simply put, Belize is magical. It is the perfect place to rekindle your passion with your loved one! This laid back destination offers one of the world’s largest barrier reefs! Therefore, explore the beauty of Belize with your spouse while snorkeling, swimming, and fishing!
Romantic Getaways Perfect for Couples in Europe
Europe has SO much to offer, where to even begin? First off, let’s talk about the delicious food, history, and breathtaking views. You’ll find all of that in these fabulous romantic getaway destinations throughout Europe!
- France – What says romance like France? By far my favorite vacation with my husband was when we traveled to France. I immediately fell in love with everything about the country! And, there was something so mysterious and romantic about walking along the cobblestone streets of Paris hand in hand! In other words, if you get the chance, take a trip to France! It will be a vacation you both will never forget!
- Italy – If you are looking for a romantic vacation, you should definitely consider Italy. The Amalfi Coast comes highly recommended! Certainly you and your spouse will find pristine Italian beaches there! Not to mention, some of the best pasta dishes you’ve ever tasted!
- Croatia – Picture this: A gorgeous Mediterranean city near the Adriatic Sea, with marble streets and baroque style buildings. Where can you find such a place? Croatia. Begin by taking an exotic vacation with your spouse to Dubrovnik, Croatia! This will be a romantic retreat you will always remember! Then, spend your days exploring museums or swimming in and out of caves at Sea Cave Beach. Lastly, enjoy your evenings strolling the streets and dining in romantic restaurants. Doesn’t all that sound heavenly?
- Greece – Greece is the ideal location for a romantic vacation with your spouse! Above all, it’s pristine scenery and beaches are the perfect place for couples to retreat!
Couples Getaway or Honeymoon Keepsake Ideas
So you’re going on a romantic getaway with your sweetheart! Above all, nothing could be more exciting. However, we HIGHLY recommend considering a way to document your trip beforehand. In other words, memories make the best tool for connecting with your spouse in between big trips. So, check out these ideas below for making a keepsake of your amazing trip!
By the way, all of these ideas could be modified to your specific style and resources. We just love showing you options! Most importantly, make it your own and whatever you do, make it a part of your relationship that you’ll cherish forever!
- Special Vacation Shadowbox – I don’t know about you, but when I travel, I take home everything as a memory keepsake! Consequently, that’s why I am absolutely in LOVE with this Travel Shadowbox from Kelly Purkey! Basically, it is the perfect way to display all your little memory trinkets from your recent vacation with your spouse and loved ones! So go grab a Shadowbox and get crafting!
- DIY Travel Notebook – Rebecca from Simple As That has come up with the most DARLING idea for keeping track of your traveling memories! In other words, check out this simple DIY Travel Notebook ASAP! This cute journal would be perfect for writing down your favorite moments while traveling. Not to mention, it’s stylish and artistic!
- Romantic Vacation Memory Postcards – Postcards are one of those items you see EVERYWHERE in souvenir shops! Although normally I am not one to buy a postcard while I am traveling, seeing this adorable idea has made me reconsider it! Check this out! What an adorable way to display a travel memory!
- Romantic Vacation Memory Ornaments – Create vacation ornaments as a memory keepsake! First, bottle up sand or dirt from an area you have just explored in small apothecary bottles. Then, stick a cute tag inside! Not to mention, Gina from The Shabby Creek Cottage has even provided complete instructions on how to create these precious ornaments!
- Romantic Vacation Memory Chatbooks – First off, if you have not already heard of Chatbooks, you need to check them out….like NOW! Seriously, this site is genius! During your trip, take as many pictures as you want to capture the experience! Afterwards, come home and upload your images to Chatbooks! It is SO simple and they automatically arrange your photos in chronological order! Additionally, adding captions to your images is as easy as sending a text! And that’s it! Within a couple minutes you will have a gorgeous custom book filled with your vacation memories and photos!
- Couples Getaway Photo Jar Keepsake – Next, here is another project that is perfect for displaying those travel memories! Fill a simple mason jar with souvenirs, seashells, or photos for an adorable keepsake!
- Mini DIY Heart Maps – Can we talk about how adorable this idea is?! Although this requires you to hold on to keepsake items from your trip, you can create a work of art with them when you return home! For example, hold onto brochures, maps, or pictures from your recent vacation to make this adorable keepsake!
- Travel Keepsake Boxes – I LOVE this unique idea! Paint and label boxes to hold your photos, ticket stubs, and other mementos from your latest vacations with your spouse! Then, arrange them as decorations in your home!
- Special Travel Keepsake Luggage Tags – The possibilities are endless when it comes to what you can create with your photos! That being said, check out these SUPER cute photo luggage tags from Shutterfly! Additionally, these would be super easy to DIY! First, take pictures from your latest getaway. Then, create a cherished keepsake!
- DIY Romantic Vacation Mini Scrapbook – A scrapbook of your trip would be such a special keepsake. If it holds every ticket, stub, or flyer from your trip as well, can you even imagine? Above all, I love the personalization of this one!
So we covered travel arrangements and keepsake ideas. What’s the next thing you need to know for your romantic getaway with your spouse? How to take the best pictures, of course!
Couples Travel Photography Tips
To clarify, we don’t claim to be experts. However, we’ve talked to enough of them to know a thing or two about couples photography! That being said, when you’re out adventuring, capture the moment perfectly! So, keep these inspirational pictures handy for when you travel!
We’d love to know MORE ideas for capturing the perfect moment between two lovers on the trip of a lifetime. If you have any ideas, let us know in the comments!
- Rings Around Your Destination on a Map – Grab a map and use your wedding bands to circle your next romantic destination!
- Holding Hands at the Beach – If you are visiting a beach while on your next romantic getaway, snap an adorable picture holding hands over the water!
- Mickey and Minnie Couples Hats – Remember how I mentioned Disneyland is the most magical place on Earth? AND that it is also one of the most romantic places? Get a picture wearing matching Minnie and Mickey hats during your next visit to Disneyland! It’s cute AND romantic!
- Romantic Cityscape Photo – Whether you are visiting San Fransisco or Paris, be sure to get a picture as a couple in front of your travel destination’s popular cityscapes!
- Hand prints in the Sand – Take a picture of your hand prints in the sand with your wedding bands for a memorable photo!
- Romantic Vacation Adventure Photos – During your explorations, take pictures doing activities! You will always cherish looking back on your adventures together!
- Playful Hotel Room Photos – If it is your honeymoon, take a playful picture in the couples suite!
- Kissing at Sunset – Don’t forget to take a picture kissing at sunset during your romantic vacation!
- Couples Feet – Take a picture as you lounge together during your romantic getaway!
- Romantic Vacation Memory Trinket Photo – Do you like to save everything from your trip? I’ll admit, sometimes it is hard to keep everything while traveling! So instead, why not take a photo of your traveling trinkets? It is the perfect way to capture and store your traveling memories!
WOW! Can you believe all the options and ideas we covered in here?? Certainly you’ll have no trouble finding a place to vacation now!
However, if staying home is more your scene, you will love our Staycation Kit! It can turn a nice weekend getaway at home into full on romance!
And lastly, I have to share a little secret (just in case you hadn’t heard)! Recently we created THIS ADORABLE DIY HONEYMOON KIT for newlyweds. Basically, there are not enough cute words to describe it! This printable honeymoon pack is everything a you need to create a romantic and unforgettable honeymoon! We are talking about honeymoon games, travel journal printables, and SO MUCH more! Be sure to grab yourself a kit for the ULTIMATE honeymoon surprise!
In conclusion, we have no doubt your next romantic getaway will be anything short of INCREDIBLE! Have a great time!
GREAT LIST! Hoping to get to a couple places this year with the hubs! ALSO highly recommend Banff Alberta and Victoria BC!
Love all of these!! Hopefully, I can get to some soon! Thanks!
We will cross our fingers for you!! 😉 Romantic vacations are THE BEST!! XO
Natchez Ms Has beautiful homes,carriage rides to take you on and you learn the history of the town.. Mansions that are breathe taking, B and B’s on the river and winerys.Don’t forget Point Clear Al the oaks and scenery are amazing the Grand Hotel offers view of the bay and while drinking your coffee on the balcony of your room.You can rent bikes, etc and the town offers shopping, and great food and lots of old homes..
Terra, great suggestion! We used to drive through Natchez on our way to New Orleans, such a pretty little town!
We’re looking for somewhere to go for our 10th anniversary trip- this is PERFECT!
See More Comments