November 4, 2010

Flirty Apron Tutorial

Being a busy wife and mom, I tend to spent a decent amount of my time in the kitchen.  Let’s be honest, when you’re in the kitchen – your first thought isn’t about your appearance, right?!?  You are focused on getting the meal prepped!!  Who knew that throwing on a SUPER cute apron would not only change the way you feel about yourself….BUT…it would be a “turn-on” to the hubby as well!?!   I have seen these types of cutesy aprons everywhere and I’d been dying to make one of my very own.  I made it extra flirty for my husband, too!  I’m SO excited to share with you a tutorial on how to make a “flirty” apron just in time for Thanksgiving.  Here is a “sneak peek”….

So go get cookin’ and flirtin’ with my free Flirty Apron Tutorial that walks you through a step-by-step process on how to make this amazing apron.  It can be used in more ways than just cooking in the kitchen. *WINK* I know my husband loves this one I made, I bet your husband will too!

If you aren’t crafty and just want to purchase an Flirty Apron on a sweet sale, the online Flirty Aprons store has their Blue Chocolate Apron on Sale!   FLASH SALE: Monday only. 50% off the Womens Original Blue Chocolate apron with code CHOCOLATE50 Blue-Chocolate-Womens-Flirty-Apron-Front

Linked Up to;
Somewhat SimpleFireflys and JellybeansHouse of HepworthsPaisley Passionsseven thirty threeKatie’s Nesting SpotGet your Craft onIt’s Sew Stinkin cuteBeyond the Picket FenceThe Shabby Chic Cottage

58 Responses to “Flirty Apron Tutorial”

1. Mandi says:

Love it!!! I have been looking everywhere for a super cute apron, now I can just make my own!

2. Marie says:

Very cute! How ironic that you would post this today after I spent hours looking at various apron patterns online last night. I like this one best though :) Christmas gifts here we come!

3. Mom2fur says:

It's wonderful! I especially like that it doesn't have gathers. I have so many aprons, mostly made by me, and some of them have gathered waistlines that make me look pudgier than I really am (which is pudgy enough). This design is very flattering!

4. Jill says:

Super cute! I've been looking for an apron pattern like this, and couldn't find one! Thanks!!

5. Anne says:

Love it! Thanks for sharing.

6. Katie's Nesting Spot says:

Thanks for coming to A Crafty Soiree and sharing:) I love the black and yellow, such a eye catching apron with cute details!

PS: I also enjoyed the previous post! You gals look like you have so much fun together!

7. Kristen says:

I'm so glad you gals love it! It really was an easy sewing project and VERY flattering for any body shape. I also have searched the internet trying to find a cute apron pattern and never found one, and that is how this creation came ab out! :)
    @Marie, We would love to see your finished products, make sure to share with us when you are done. There are so many different color combination's you can do!

8. Cassie says:

How cute! I wish I could sew to make one!

9. Julie says:

Super cute… I am downloading the tutorial now! I can't wait to make one, and the colors you used are adorable! Thank you so much for linking up to It's Stinkin' Craft Thursday.

10. Kari says:

Love it kristen! Can you believe that with all the cooking I do I don't own an apron. Yeppers. That's right. This cooking Divas does not own an apron! But now, I'm going to. I'm just going to dive into this project and make me a super cute one. Even though I can sew to save my life. ;)

11. Mandy says:

Thanks so much for the pattern! I absolutly love it! I've already made two past two days and I think I'll make some more for gift!! It's an easy pattern to follow!! Thanks Again!!!

12. Yaneri says:

this is so simply adorable!!! I LOVE IT!!! I’ve been into sewing lately and love making aprons……gotta try this patttern!! Thank you for making a pdf file!!!

13. Jen says:

LOVE IT! But the tutorial won’t come up. I’m dying to make this! Help!

• Kristen kristen says:

Hey Jen! so glad you like it! The download is still working on my end. try clicking the link again. It should automatically start downloading.

14. Deb says:

just wanted to say this is what my daughters and nieces are getting for christmas, and it is all thanks to you. Very pretty apron , and I am sure will get many compliments…Deb

15. judi says:

thank you for posting this! am now off to find fun fabrics!

16. Abby says:

This is so cute. I have been looking for an apron pattern to make for my sister who loves to cook. I was wondering if I should use regular cotton material or a canvas material. I can’t wait to go shopping for the fabric and start sewing:)

• Kristen kristen says:

Abby- I just used regular cotton fabrics from Joann’s, but I’m sure you could use any fabric. I have even seen aprons with waterproof material. Good luck! and have fun!

17. mary says:

I love this i saw a picture on pinterrest.But i couldnt find it then today i was looking around on the web and BAM. Here it is.Thanks i plan on making one for my self and this is so cute to wear around the house with the hubby home!!

18. Kristen kristen says:

So glad you found us Mary! Your husband will love it, I am sure! :)

19. Mandi Jordan says:

Stupid question: I turned the pocket inside out and sewed two of the three sides. How do you sew the top piece before attaching the ruffle?

• Kristen Kristen says:

Once you see the two sides then turn it right side out, insert the ruffle at the top of the pocket and sew the entire pocket close with the ruffle sticking out. Then see three sides of the pocket onto your apron and that will create its own pocket. Does that make sense?

20. Stephanie says:

Thank you so much for this! I haven’t been able to find an apron I love! I’m so excited to make this!

21. Sara Lambert says:

So, I just wanted to say you’re a genius! I’m so looking forward to making this apron that I hope my Little M sleeps for just a little bit longer! YAY!

• Kristen Kristen says:

Sara- im so glad you like it. I searched forever online to find a pattern I liked and I couldn’t find one, so I just made this one up. Haha!

22. Lorrinda says:

Found this link on Pinterest….very cute! Thanks for the awesome tutorial, I’m going to try to make this!

23. Lindsey says:

Okay, call me stupid, but how do you download the pattern? I dont see a button or anything.. :/

24. Yulia says:

Hi, thank you for sharing. Such a great tutorial! I posted your tutorial on my blog with a link back to your blog, hope it’s ok http://makeitandwearit.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/its-your-turn-to-do-dishes-what-bummer.html
    Please write me if there is a problem makeandwear@gmail.com.
    Cheers!

25. Emily says:

HI! I featured your tutorial on my blog, along with my finished flirty apron! Love it

1. […] apron was created from a tutorial on The Dating Divas website. Of course, I added my own little spin with the extra front pocket with the new […]

2. […] pm ByShawneeFiled UnderApronista of the Week, Aprons, tutorial Tweet Check out Kristen from the Dating Divas!  She’s rockin’ this gorgeous apron!!  Even better, she has written a step-by-step […]

3. […] I’ll be making my third Apron today! I designed my own pattern after reading a few tutorials, this one and this one were my […]

4. […] Flirty apron tutorial […]