Mouth-Watering Summer Recipes You Will Love
Summer is all about being outside and basking in the short months of warm weather! And let’s be honest… one of the best things about summer is the food! Below you’ll find delicious summer recipes can easily be taken camping, shared with a neighbor, or brought to a BBQ.
We’ve gathered a list of the best summer recipes for the kids, healthy options, decadent treats, and refreshing drinks! And as an added bonus, we’ve also included festive ideas perfect for your Fourth of July plans!
Summer never tasted so good! Let’s get right to it!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. To learn more about ’em, click here.
Table of Contents
20 Healthy Summer Snacks
Staying healthy and feeling good is SO important over the summer! Who wants to feel sick and dragged down when you’re supposed to be out having fun? These healthy summer snacks not only taste good but will help you feel good, too. Even the kiddos will love these healthy and delicious summer snack recipes.
1. Apple Nachos with Toffee Drizzle – This summer snack is almost as good as dessert. Dress up your apple slices with peanut butter, coconut, nuts, craisins, and mini chocolate chips for a protein-packed goodie.
2. Baked Apple Chips – If you love the crunch of chips, try making your very own healthier version using apples.
3. Flower Lunch – Keep it healthy and beautiful by creating a meal full of healthy ingredients. Use bananas and string cheese and display it in a fun flower shape!
4. Fruit Pizza – Did someone say pizza?! Fruit pizza that is! It’s almost too pretty to eat.
5. Fruit Kabobs – You can put just about anything on a stick nowadays, why not fruit?! These summer snacks are perfect for little hands, too!
6. Key Lime Cheesecake Fruit Dip – Nothing says summer like key lime! Create a key lime dip that gives you the taste of dessert without all the calories.
7. Fruit Salsa – A flavorful change of pace from the traditional tomato-based salsa.
8. Fruity Frozen Yogurt and Fruit Snacks – How cute are these summer snacks? Freeze your favorite yogurt and fruit for a refreshingly light treat.
9. Frozen Yogurt Bites – Create easy yogurt bites by simply squeezing small drops onto parchment paper and freezing them. So simple and the perfect snacks for kids.
10. Frozen Yogurt Squeezes – Create your own healthy combination of fruit freezer pops! (You might even be able to sneak some veggies in there, too.) These Zipziclesare perfect for the job!
11. Frozen Pineapple Pops – Add slices of pineapple to sticks and freeze them for a healthy and cooling snack!
12. Watermelon Pops – Genius! Add a popsicle stick to slices of watermelon for these mess-free summer snacks.
13. Watermelon Feta Mint Skewers – It may sound like a unique combo but the flavor is refreshing and light! This is a great appetizer idea for any summer get together.
14. Sour Patch Grapes – These are as good as candy! Using a pack of jello to roll and freeze grapes, you can make a healthy version of Sour Patch Kids candy.
15. Kiwi and Grape Turtles – Kids will love this healthy snack. Any time you can create pictures or characters out of healthy food you have a better chance of your kiddos eating it.
16. Cucumber Sandwiches – With this summer recipe, you can use cucumbers as your favorite sandwich fillers.
17. Veggie Roll – A unique twist on summer salad recipes. Using thin strips of zucchini, roll up various fresh veggies with hummus for these tasty snacks.
18. Cucumber Chips – If you’re a chip eater then these cucumber chips might be the perfect healthy substitute!
19. Strawberry Mint Salad – This is one of our favorite summer salad recipes! Strawberry, cucumbers, and mint make the perfect summer meal.
20. Zucchini Pizza Bites – A healthy take on traditional pizza. Use zucchini (or even eggplant) as a pizza crust for a tiny, healthy pizza snack or appetizer.
20 Summer Kid Snack Ideas
All right, let’s not pretend we’re going to eat healthy all summer long! Let’s get to some sweet stuff! These summer snacks for kids are SURE to be a hit. Your kids will die over how fun these are, and they won’t be able to put them down with how delicious they are. I don’t know about you, but my kids are DYING to get their hands on these kid-approved summer snacks!
21. Banana Peanut Butter Bites – Protein-packed bananas and peanut butter. Of course, a few added chocolate chips never hurt!
22. Watermelon Cupcake – This is a healthy and tasty treat. Just add sprinkles and whipped cream on top of a fresh piece of watermelon.
23. Food Necklace – This is a great idea for trips to the zoo, arboretum, or nature walk! Kids can snack on the go!
24. Watermelon Rice Krispies – Just darling! What a fun summer take on the traditional Rice Krispies.
25. Jelly Bean Bracelets – Another fun idea for edible jewelry! Kids will love making them, too.
26. Shark Jello Cups – All kids love jello and whipped cream! And the summer has a variety of ways to use those two ingredients to make fun and festive treats, like this shark-inspired snack.
27. Underwater Jello Treats – Add gummy fish to setting jello for an underwater adventure look!
28. Jello Sky Jars – Create a scenic snack of blue jello and whipped cream!
29. Sand Bucket Bear on Beach Jello Cups – Too cute! Jello, whipped cream, and graham crackers make up this beach-inspired snack!
30. Banana Dolphins with Jello – These treats are sure to make you giggle. Kids will go nuts over these dolphin bananas and jello snacks.
31. Flip Flop Cookies – These SCREAM summer! Just add some icing decor to turn an ordinary cookie into a darling flip flop for these summer snacks.
32. Graham Cracker Rainbow – These are just too cute to handle. Create a rainbow using sour airhead strips, marshmallows, and blue frosting all on top of a sweet graham cracker.
33. Pretzel Fishing Rods – This is one of the rare moments where it might be okay for your kids to play with their food!
34. Under the Sea Graham Crackers – Create an underwater scene on a graham cracker with these summer snacks.
35. Marshmallow Pinwheels – With just three ingredients you can create a full marshmallow jello pinwheel!
36. Cheese Monsters – Silly and healthy, decorate baby cheeses into funny face monsters.
37. Dirt Cups – Dirt cups are a classic for any kiddo. Yummy chocolate pudding, cookie crumbles, and gummy worms–what could be better?!
38. Octo Pops – So creative! When making your own popsicles, stick some gummy worms in the bottom to create an octopus look once frozen.
39. Sour Worm Popsicles – For a fun twist, freeze sour gummy worms in sweet strawberry juice for a perfect summer snack!
40. Gummy Bear Popsicle – Freeze tasty gummy bears in your favorite juice or refreshing coconut water! You’ll need some good popsicle molds, too!
20 Summer Drinks
Keep cool and LOOK cool with these fun summer drink snack options! They are refreshing, delicious, colorful, and fun! We think kiddos will love them, too!
41. Strawberries and Cream Milkshake – Strawberries and ice cream are a combo you can’t mess with!
42. S’mores Milkshake – One of the most classic summer recipes, with a cool twist! Enjoy the decadent taste of s’mores in milkshake form.
43. Orange Creamsicle Floats – Three simple ingredients will create a refreshing summer treat!
44. Ice Cream Cube Floats – Genius! Freeze ice cream in an ice cube tray and add to your favorite soda for an easy and delicious float!
45. Frozen Hot Chocolate – One of the best summer dessert recipes. Hot chocolate can be enjoyed all year ’round with this frozen version.
46. Gummy Worm Punch – For picnics or parties, kiddos will LOVE this gummy drink!
47. Watermelon Layer Drink – Great for a BBQ or kids party, this layered drink is beautiful.
48. Slushie with Nerds – Make a splash with a blue raspberry slushie! Sprinkle some Nerds candy on top for added fun and zing!
49. Shirley Temple – Who doesn’t love a classic Shirley Temple?! This is a sure crowd-pleaser.
50. Ocean Water – This just looks refreshing. With a little coconut flavoring as part of the ingredients it will definitely taste like summer!
51. Watermelon Slushie – Simply add frozen watermelon to lemonade and ice for a juicy drink!
52. Raspberry Peach Iced Tea – Ah, flavored iced tea is just delicious! Make it peach AND raspberry for something sweet to sip on.
53. Caribbean Smoothie – Pineapple, bananas, coconut milk, and ice have you drinking the “beach” from your glass!
54. Raspberry Lemonade Slurpee – Kiddos will love this bright and tasty raspberry lemonade slurpee!
55. Mango Green Tea Lemonade – This refreshing drink might take a little extra handiwork but if you love tea or mango, then this is for you!
56. Strawberry Lime Mint Water – This unique combination is perfect for a bridal or baby shower!
57. Coconut Lavender Lemonade – Lavender, you say?! Just another unique twist for a relaxing drink!
58. Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade – Add Sprite to your lemonade to give it a spritzer feel that tickles your nose!
59. Blackberry Lemonade – Step back from the standard lemonade by adding ripe blackberries!
60. Tropical Strawberry Lemonade for Kids – Another delicious drink with a touch of Nerds candy.
20 Summer Treat Ideas
Things are about to get even more sweet! Time to bust out the sprinkles and up your summer snacks game with these delicious sweets.
61. Banana Split Stick – Dip a piece of strawberry, banana and pineapple into chocolate for a healthy banana split style treat.
62. Grilled Banana S’mores – A slightly healthier twist on the most classic of summer dessert recipes. These grilled treats will melt in your mouth. Stuff bananas with marshmallows and chocolate chips and grill for an ooey-gooey treat!
63. Oreo Pudding Pops – Oreos and pudding, need we say more!?
64. Kiwi Pops – This is a great, healthy treat that you can make at home for summer snacking!
65. Chocolate Dipped Frozen Bananas – Kids will go bananas for these chocolate covered treats!
66. Choco Taco – Make and freeze your very own chocolate taco treats! Always a childhood favorite.
67. Dessert Pizza – Make your own dessert pizza, where you choose the toppings!
68. Crab Cupcakes – These darling crab cupcakes are so eye-catching and great for a backyard BBQ.
69. Icee Cupcakes – This summer snacks are a sure hit for the kiddos at any summer get-together!
70. Fishy Cupcakes – These darling cupcakes are perfect for a pool party!
71. Grill Cupcakes – How intricate are these?! If you’re hosting a BBQ these are a cupcake MUST!
72. S’mores Cupcake – Summer just screams “S’MORES.” And we’re pretty sure these cupcakes will satisfy the s’mores sweet tooth.
73. Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes – If a fruity treat is more your style, try a refreshing strawberry lemonade cupcake.
74. Raspberry Lemonade Cupcakes – Another lemonade style cupcake, only this time… raspberry!
75. Watermelon Cupcakes – Kids will love these cute watermelon-inspired cupcakes.
76. Breakfast Cereal Pops – Cereal isn’t just for breakfast. Freeze your favorite flavor yogurt with your favorite fruity cereal for a unique and crunchy treat.
77. Cake Batter Popsicles – Cake batter is the BEST, enough said!
78. S’mores Popcorn Ball – These might leave your fingers sticky, but they are totally worth it.
79. S’mores Snack Mix – This is a throw together snack, perfect for neighborhood get-togethers.
80. Rainbow Pretzel Sticks – This is an easy treat where you can get the kids involved in making!
25 Fourth of July Themed Summer Treats
Summer wouldn’t be complete without some adorable and delicious 4th of July themed snacks! Take any of these to your annual neighborhood BBQ or 4th of July Cookout, and they’re sure to be a hit.
81. Patriotic Cones – Spice up the rim of a standard cone and fill it with sweet fruit for these summer snacks.
82. Patriotic Parfait – Layer granola, yogurt, blueberries, and strawberries to create a patriotic-inspired parfait.
83. Cookie Cutter Fruit Salad – Grab the kids and your cookie cutters to make this simple and patriotic fruit salad.
84. Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries – This recipe gives a simple cheesecake filling perfect for squeezing inside a ripe strawberry!
85. Donut Hole Skewers – Yummy! String doughnut holes along with fruit on a skewer for sweet summer snacks.
86. Patriotic Dirt – Every kid LOVES dirt! Give it the patriotic feel with a little food coloring!
87. Patriotic Rice Krispies – These patriotic Rice Krispies are easy to make and always a crowd-pleaser!
88. Firecracker Cakelettes – These summer snacks might take a little more time, but they are totally worth it!
89. Patriotic Poke Cake – A beautiful cake designed for a festive Fourth of July get-together.
90. Patriotic Oreo Pops – Create Oreo pops by using dyed chocolate!
91. Firecracker Dogs – These summer snacks are so clever! Wrap a hot dog in a crescent roll, add a cheese star on top, and VOILA! You have a darling firecracker dinner for kids!
92. Dipped Flag Pretzels – The kids will love making these sweet & salty treats with you!
93. Patriotic Puppy Chow – Who doesn’t love puppy chow?! Just add some coloring to give it the holiday spirit.
94. Patriotic Popcorn – Chocolate covered popcorn is always a hit!
95. Patriotic Trail Mix – Nothing quite says snacks like sweet and savory!
96. Flag Pretzel Bites – Again, grab the kiddos and have helping hands to make these darling flag treats.
97. Patriotic Lollipop Centerpiece – This is super easy and a perfect centerpiece for any Fourth of July party. Love the galvanized bucket, too!
98. Patriotic Dipped Pretzels – Just another take on a festively dipped pretzel! Simple, but always a crowd-pleaser.
99. Patriotic Dipped Rice Krispies – Anything on a stick is genius! It makes it SO much easier for eating and just gives it such a cute look!
100. Red, White, and Blue Layered Jello – This may take a little patience, but the outcome is gorgeous!
101. Flag Fruit Plate – It doesn’t always have to be about what you make, it can be about how you display what you have that gives it the holiday feel!
102. Patriotic Marshmallow Pops – Did someone say marshmallow on a stick?! Dip marshmallows in a little chocolate and sprinkles for these sticky and delicious summer snacks!
103. Flag Rice Krispies – This may take a little handy work, but the outcome is perfect for celebrating the holiday!
104. Fourth of July Bark – YUMMY! White chocolate bark with festive goodies inside might be gone before you even get to try it yourself.
105. Festive Jello Cups – Beautiful! These jello, fruit, and whipped cream layered masterpieces are gorgeous and delicious.
Is your mouth watering yet?! There are so many healthy AND tasty summer snacks on this list, it’s hard to decide where to begin!
But if you’re looking to stay extra healthy this summer, use our healthy summer snack options and check out our 101 Summer Slimdown Hacks that will have you looking AND feeling great all summer long!
For our foodies, we also have an amazing collection of 100 Simple Summer Suppers you can sink your teeth into as well!
And lastly, if you plan on hosting a get-together, check out our 65 Outdoor Party Games (adults to kids) that will have all of your guests entertained!
Hello. Found you via Pinterest. This is a Great Fun List of Summer Snacks.I plan to make quite a few of them & some I already do.
YAY! Thank you so much for the comment and happy summer!
SOOOO many yummy choices! I can’t decide! lol