Cute School Supplies for Back-to-School Shopping
Back-to-school supplies are exciting for everyone: your kindergartner who cannot wait, your anxious first-time middle schooler, and the senior you are going to have to drag to class every day. Let’s knock out that back-to-school shopping list ASAP! We have a complete list of all the back-to-school supplies you need.
Table of Contents
- Cute School Supplies for Back-to-School Shopping
- BACK TO SCHOOL SUPPLIES #1: BACKPACKS
- BACK TO SCHOOL SUPPLIES #2: LUNCH BOX
- BACK TO SCHOOL SUPPLIES #3: WATER BOTTLES
- BACK TO SCHOOL SUPPLIES #4: PENCIL CASE
- BACK TO SCHOOL SUPPLIES #5: NOTEBOOKS
- BACK TO SCHOOL SUPPLIES #6: THREE RING BINDER
- BACK TO SCHOOL SUPPLIES #7: PLANNERS AND CALENDARS
- BACK TO SCHOOL SUPPLIES #8: SCHOOL SUPPLY PACKS
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. To learn more about ’em, click here.
We’ve got 8 categories of school supplies, each including options for various age groups, color preferences, and sizes!
BACK TO SCHOOL SUPPLIES #1: BACKPACKS
We found animal backpacks that all your little kids will love, rolling bags that will make your walk to school easier, and stylish bags for your teenager!
1. Skip Hop Zoo Backpacks – The most darling little animal backpacks to hold all those back-to-school needs! Keep in mind that this backpack is definitely toddler-sized. It won’t fit a standard-sized folder.
2. Herschel Supply Co Backpacks – Great size for those textbooks but still fits nicely in a locker. Plus, they have lots of print options!
3. Bixbee Backpacks – Fun backpacks like a butterfly or a rocket!
4. JanSport Backpacks – You can never go wrong with the classic JanSport backpack, with so many variations and colors.
5. J World Rolling Backpacks – Nice and sturdy! With its easy rolling, you won’t break your back!
BACK TO SCHOOL SUPPLIES #2: LUNCH BOX
Give your kiddos something to show off to all their friends during everyone’s favorite social time—lunchtime! Now their packed lunches can be perfectly adorable, totally practical, or even a little bit of both.
6. Skip Hop Zoo Lunchboxes – Get a cute animal lunch bag to go with the matching backpack!
7. Bixbee Lunchboxes – Cute lunch box with great reviews, win-win!
8. Lokass Lunch Box Tote – A lunch bag that is cute enough to be a purse?! PERFECT!
9. Picnic Time Insulated Lunch Tote – This lunch box has everything you could possibly need, from salt and pepper shakers to an adjustable shoulder strap.
10. BentGo Lunchbox – This box has 5 partitions so that the food stays separated. Plus they are portion-sized perfectly for the 3 – 7-year-old age range!
BACK TO SCHOOL SUPPLIES #3: WATER BOTTLES
Keeping the kids hydrated has never been so much fun. Let them choose a water bottle from any of our favorite options: bright colors, sleek and stylish, or adorned with the cutest characters!
11. CamelBak Water Bottles for Kids – Great size water bottle with tons of color options! Also, check those reviews!!
12. Contigo Kids Water Bottles – Lots of color options and great reviews! We have 3 of these and LOVE them!
13. Nalgene Water Bottles for Kids – Water bottle option without a straw! Good reviews and tons of colors.
15. Stanley IceFlow Stainless Steel Water Bottles – Small stainless steel water bottle for keeping your water cold and is a great size for kids. Plus it has a handle!
BACK TO SCHOOL SUPPLIES #4: PENCIL CASE
Making sure your kids have the perfect pencil pouch means there’s no way they’ll lose as many pencils this year, right? Well, at least it’s worth a shot! Give them a funny, simple, or even super sophisticated place for all those pens, pencils, highlighters, and erasers.
16. Ipow Floral Pencil Pouches – Cute pencil bag to hold pens, pencils, and any other little accessories you might need!
17. J World New York Pencil Cases – This bag has mesh compartments allowing you to organize all of your accessories.
18. Homecube Big Capacity Pencil Case – A big capacity pencil case allowing lots of room and great pockets for organizing!
19. ZIPIT Hard Shell Pencil Box – Hard shell storage case but still lightweight!
20. ZIPIT Colorz Pencil Storage Box – Light, sturdy, machine washable, and lots of cute prints!
BACK TO SCHOOL SUPPLIES #5: NOTEBOOKS
All grade-school kids need notebooks! Luckily we’ve found the best bunch right here! Taking notes will never be the same again!
21. Set of 6 Pastel Spiral Notebooks – The colors of these notebooks are so fun. And with a 6 pack, you’ve got one for each subject.
22. 12 Pack of Composition Notebooks – This 12 pack will last you a long time and since they have a sturdy binding, pages won’t be falling out left and right.
23. Ban.do Floral Notebook – How cute is this notebook?! Plus they’ve got a pretty gold binding, multiple cover options, and quality paper!
24. Amazon Basics College Ruled Spiral Notebook – Darling notebooks and the spiral binding allows the pages to lie flat when open. Plus perforated pages for the win!
25. Studio C 6 pack of Notebooks – Fun patterned 6 pack of notebooks with a spiral binding.
BACK TO SCHOOL SUPPLIES #6: THREE RING BINDER
Snagging the right binder for your kid means finding one they’ll love enough to take care of and choosing a brand you trust for durability. Check out our absolute favorites!
26. Samsill Binders Set of 6 – Cute design with lots of color options. Includes six binders so you can have one for each class or share with a friend.
27. Avery Rainbow Binder – We love this fun print and the pockets inside to hold those loose papers. There are also coordinating binders if your student needs more than one.
28. Samsill Binders Set of 6 – Modern prints and a durable design!
29. Case-It Zipper Binders – 3-inch zip-up binder with expanding file folder to keep assignments organized!
30. Case-It Open Velcro Binders – A 2-inch binder with a velcro closing and an expandable file folder. Lots of fun color options!
BACK TO SCHOOL SUPPLIES #7: PLANNERS AND CALENDARS
We all know that tracking homework and due dates can be a huge hassle. However, when they’ve got something they’re excited to use, it makes remembering to write it down SO much easier.
31. Elementary Planner – With a weekly format and a bookmark, this planner is perfect for jotting down assignments and other important events!
32. Middle School or High School Planner – This planner has a weekly format with plenty of space for teens to keep track of assignments and important reminders.
33. Floral Academic Planner – Monthly and weekly calendar views and a darling hardcover with spiral binding! I think I NEED this!
34. Desk or Wall Calendars – This large desk calendar is perfect for keeping track of all of the family events or individual kid needs!
35. Dry Erase Calendar – A magnetic dry erase board so you can keep it in a central place and switch it over each month!
BACK TO SCHOOL SUPPLIES #8: SCHOOL SUPPLY PACKS
Get it all in one place. We just love the idea of bundling school supplies because convenience is such an important factor during these crazy back to school days!
36. Kindergarten Supply Pack – The perfect kit for those sweet little first-time school-goers! Everything they could need from crayons to hand sanitizer!
37. First & Second Grade Supply Pack – The one-stop shop for first and second graders! Scissors, a sharpener, a pencil bag, and so much more!
38. Third-Fifth Grade Supply Pack – This kit makes back-to-school shopping SO easy! Everything your older-ish kiddo might need.
39. Sixth-Eighth Grade Supply Pack – Perfect kit for your tweens and teens! It’s got notebooks, pens and pencils, hand sanitizer and much more!
40. High School & College Supply Bundle – A kit chock-full of goodies for those older students! SO much in this kit and it’s so easy to get back-to-school shopping done with one click!
This can be a tricky question and definitely depends on what you consider “supplies.” If you do a quick Google search, some areas report spending upwards of $600! WHOA! However, those prices can include technology and clothing.
Expect to spend around $30 – $50 on regular back-to-school supplies: paper, notebooks, pens, etc. Remember, if money becomes an issue, your student doesn’t need a new backpack if last years is still working. Adding a backpack to the total cost can add another $30+. Consult your budget to see what your options are this year. Keep in mind, your Kindergartener may require more since they are just getting started.
YAY! Now that you found all of the items on your back-to-school shopping list, you can sit back and enjoy the last little bit of summer with your kiddos! Check out our Teacher Appreciation Post so you can show their new teachers some love! Then, go see how many of our 50 Family Summer Activities you can complete before school starts!