With four kids and little time, I am always looking for a quick and easy way to spend a few quality moments with my husband at the end of the day. Most days, the only moments we get are after the children are asleep. 🙂 By that time, I’m spent, exhausted from the day with the children, and not motivated to do anything that requires very much effort. That’s why I love dessert dates! Dessert dates are easy to prepare ahead of time, and they hardly cost anything. For parents of multiple children like us, dessert dates also provide a quick and easy “mini date night” of sorts without the need for a babysitter.
Here’s an quick, easy and romantic dessert that would be perfect for your next dessert date! Plus, it’s a chocolate dessert, and I LOVE chocolate!!
Black Forest Mousse Dessert
- 1 ½ cups cold milk
- 1 package of instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 ½ cups canned cherry pie filling
- 1 (8 oz.) container of Cool Whip
- 12 Oreo cookies
- Pour milk into a large bowl and add the dry pudding mix.
- Beat mixture with a wire whisk for 2 minutes.
- Gently stir in 1 cup of the whipped topping.
- Crush 10 of the cookies and stir into the pudding mixture.
- Spoon your desserts into small individual dessert dishes layering as follows: pudding mixture, Cool Whip, pie filling, and crushed Oreos.
NOTE: Makes: 8 servings. You can also layer this in a larger dish for a group.
I wanted to add a little extra romance to our dessert date, so I decided to add a chocolate monogram/wording to our desserts. It is so easy and quick to do! Just melt some chocolate candy bark or candy coating (found at most grocery stores in the baking aisle) in the microwave. Then using a piping bag or a plastic baggie with the corner cut off, pipe your initials or any word you’d like to add to your dessert onto waxed paper. Just remember to have your letters touching if you do multiple initials or a word. That way, when it cools, it will be in one piece.
Let them cool in the fridge for about 5-10 minutes, gently peel them off, and set them on top of your dessert. So cute and very romantic!