How to Host an Epic Taco Bar Party
Taco bar parties are all the rage, and for good reason! They are easy, fun, and delicious–taco bout a no-brainer! But we know that feeding a big group can be daunting, so we gathered the best taco bar ideas to help make it easy for you. Below you’ll find all the tips you need to feed & entertain your closest friends or family during an epic taco bar fiesta!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. To learn more about ’em, click here.
What Do You Need for a Taco Bar Party?
The best part about a taco bar is the variety! With so many taco bar toppings, each person can customize their meal! So if you’re wondering “how do you make a homemade taco bar?” take note of the taco bar ideas and recipes below. We’ve collected all the best taco bar tips, recipes, and inspiration you’ll need right here!
- How to Keep Tortillas Warm – Here’s a genius little taco bar hack that will elevate your dinner with minimal effort. All you need is a crockpot and a warm, damp napkin. Your group will love having warm, soft tortillas to eat with (especially on their second and even third helpings!)
- Mexican Street Corn – This corn recipe will take any taco to the next level. It’s the kind of taco bar topping that adds so much flavor and will have your guests begging to know the recipe!
- Chipotle Black Beans – Black beans are not only a great meat alternative, but they can also add so much flavor to your taco bar.
- Cilantro Lime Rice – One of the best taco bar toppings out there. This recipe is delicious and SO easy. And if you’re wondering what sides go well with tacos, this rice recipe doubles as a taco filler OR taco side!
- Homemade Queso – Your guests will be singing your praises if you include this delicious queso dip with your taco bar! Make sure you have chips, or simply pour the dip on your tacos!
- Homemade Guacamole – A true fan favorite. Great guacamole is an absolute must! Snack on it with chips, or stuff your tacos with it–you can’t lose!
- Easy Baked Churros – Serve a dessert that pairs perfectly with tacos. This recipe is as simple as churros get!
- Taco Bar Checklist – Check out these taco bar ideas for all the inspiration you need. The best part is, they have more excellent dessert ideas that go well with tacos!
- Taco Bar Prep Timeline – This resource will help you map out exactly when to start prepping each item in the taco bar before the party begins. Genius!
- Taco Bar Party Decor – Add a little extra magic to the party with themed decorations. We have completely free printables you can download below, but here is even more cute taco party decoration inspiration.
Free Taco Bar Printables
Whether you’re planning a taco-themed date night for two or a big dinner for a group of friends, consider going all out with these adorable and FREE taco bar decor, game, and prep printables! Here is a run down of all the free taco bar printables we have included:
- First, you’ll find a digital invite. Simply click below to download it and send it out to your guests.
- Next, you’ll find a printable a taco bar checklist and taco food labels for each of the taco bar toppings.
- Then, we’ve even created some flirty taco-themed love notes for if you’re turning this into a romantic date night.
- And finally, included for FREE is a taco-themed activity for your individual or group date! (And it’s SO fun! You have to check it out!)
How cute is this steak food label? It’s just one of the many side and topping labels we created. Simply tape a toothpick to the back of each topping label and stick it into each of the ingredients.
Also included with the free printables is a “delicioso Taco Bar” sign to display by your spread of taco sides and ingredients. Cute, huh?
The flirty and fun cards really make this something special. You can use them as decorations scattered around or as love notes to add even more spice to your night. Go slip your spouse the “I have fillings for you” card! 😉
Of all the free printables this comes with, the a taco-themed activity is hands down our favorite! Simply print the mini tortillas, fold them in half, and put in their “fillings.” Each one has a fun conversation topic for the group (or your sweetheart) with an English and Spanish version. Que chevere!
Taco Bar Toppings
Now that you have all the inspiration you need to make your group date taco bar a success, let’s get down to the details that make all the difference. Are you debating what sides go well with tacos? Below are all of the must-have toppings and sides that go well with tacos. They are even listed in order of how you should set up your taco bar toppings for the most efficient and successful group dinner!
And remember, the free taco bar printables are linked below to make this all even easier for you!
Taco Toppings Checklist:
- Taco Shells
- Meat (beef, chicken, steak, fish, or pork)
- Sour Cream
But, these taco bar ideas are just the beginning! Feel free to add on to these basics with even more taco bar toppings if you want. Like we mentioned in the beginning, the beauty of a taco bar is how much variety you can have. Just don’t forget to save room for dessert!
Okay, these are so stinking cute!!! I cannot wait to host a taco party now!
Aww, yay! Thank you so much!!!
Well THIS is darling!!!!!!
Thank you, Tara! 🙂
Totally doing this! Thanks for the printables!
YAY!!! So glad you like them!
This is so so fun!!
Thank you! 🙂