What are the Best Crime Documentaries on Netflix?
So . . . the Netflix binge. We do it, we love it, and we certainly can’t get enough of it! But when TV time begins to take away from ‘together’ time, that can be a real problem! So what is the solution? The solution is to find a show that you can BOTH watch together and most importantly, enjoy together. And so, we created a list of The BEST Netflix crime documentaries for couples! If you and your spouse love a good crime solve then, we have the crime documentaries on Netflix. So pop that corn, cue up the Netflix account, and get ready for a binge-worthy marathon built for two!
I have really loved the selection of true crime shows on Netflix recently. Netflix murder documentaries and crime shows are really popular. These shows have you on the edge of your seat the entire time. There is something about the suspense, the intensity and the shock that is so intriguing! If you and your spouse love some good crime and murder shows on Netflix then you have come to the right place. We have both documentary and dramatization-style shows for your crime entertainment.
Top 10 Netflix Series
As part of our top 10 Netflix series, we have collected our 10 best crime documentaries on Netflix – all in one place. We wanted to find the best of the best crime documentaries on Netflix. So, we went to the people for answers. We asked our readers for the best crime shows on Netflix that they love to watch with their sweetie. Then, results came flooding in. We certainly have a lot of Netflix murder documentaries and crime show fans out there! Who doesn’t love to hold close to their honey as evil plots and plot twists are revealed piece by piece? The intrigue, the suspense – it makes for a great date night together!
The Best Crime Shows on Netflix
If Netflix true crime documentaries are your jam – check out our favorite Netflix true crime shows list. These are documentaries with stories of true crimes. Start adding your favorites to your watchlist for future date nights with your sweetie!
- Abducted in Plain Sight – In this true-crime documentary, a family falls prey to the manipulative charms of a neighbor, who abducts their adolescent daughter. Twice.
- Forensic Files – Detectives and crime lab technicians use the latest and most fascinating procedures to solve crimes in this documentary-style show.
- Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes – Present-day interviews, archival footage and audio recordings made on death row from a searing portrait of notorious serial killer Ted Bundy.
- The Confession Tapes – This true crime documentary series investigates cases where people convicted of murder claim their confessions were coerced, involuntary or false.
- Making a Murderer – Filmed over 13 years, this real-life thriller follows the unprecedented story of two men accused of a grisly crime they may not have committed. One of the most popular crime documentaries on Netflix!
- Manhunt Unabomber – Faced with a few clues and an increasingly panicked public, the FBI calls on a new kind of profiler to help track down the infamous Unabomber.
- Interview With a Serial Killer – In this jailhouse interview, Arthur Shawcross, the Genesee River Killer, shares candid details of his crimes and his surprising family bonds.
Other Favorite Crime & Murder Shows on Netflix
We have a few more favorite Netflix crime shows that you might love. These are not true stories, but the storylines are packed with crime-solving mystery. Here are a few more shows that you might want to look into if you love a good crime show!
- Criminal Minds – Not for the faint of heart, this long-running series delves into some of the most gruesome crimes imaginable, and the lives of the FBI profilers who seek to solve them.
- NCIS – Short for Naval Criminal Investigative Service, this remarkably long-running show explores and investigates criminal activity with the help of homicide detective, Anthony DiNozzo.
- Person of Interest – Jim Caviezel stars as a former CIA agent who now works to stop crimes before they start.
- Sherlock – Based on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s classic works, and starring the famed Benedict Cumberbatch, this London-set series explores some of the novels most classic crimes.
- Blue Bloods – Cops Danny and Jaime Reagan and their lawyer sister Erin try to live up to the standards of their father, Frank, who’s the NYC police commissioner.
- Scandal – A powerful team of Washinton D.C. lawyers makes scandals disappear while handling government crises and coping with problems of their own.
- The People vs OJ Simpson – This dramatization traces the twists and turns of O.J. Simpson’s murder trial, examining behind the scenes gambits on both sides of the court.
Make True Crime Shows on Netflix a TRUE Date Night
The difference between just watching a show with your spouse and turning a night of Netflix into a solid date night activity – is just a little bit of effort. With just a few minor changes, you can have a memorable date night. For example, adding special treats, adjusting the lighting or even planning a few simple activities can make a big difference. But no worries – we have done the major work for you. We have some fun date night ideas for you! You can easily print these out and do while you watch you binge-watch your favorite Netflix crime documentaries and shows.
- Netflix Date Night – This date night idea includes unique tasks and challenges for you to do throughout the show.
- Documentary Movie Date Night – is a whole documentary-themed kit that includes an invitation, activity and even an idea to add some documentary-style intimacy. Ooo la la.
More Netflix Binge-Worthy Shows
Had enough Netflix crime documentaries? If you are in a different mood then we have four other collections of fabulous shows. These are other popular genres on Netflix right now. Choose your mood and check out our favorite: