What are the Best TV Dramas on Netflix?
So . . . the Netflix binge. We do it, we love it, and we certainly can’t get enough of it! But when TV time begins to take away from ‘together’ time, that can be a real problem! So what is the solution? The solution is to find a show that you can BOTH watch together and most importantly, enjoy together. And so, we created a list of The BEST Netflix TV dramas for couples! If you and your spouse love a powerful drama then, we have the best TV dramas on Netflix. So pop that corn, cue up the Netflix account, and get ready for a binge-worthy marathon built for two!
My husband and I have always appreciated a good drama storyline. We have been surprised at some of the really good drama shows on Netflix lately. The compelling stories, the deep characters, and the strong emotions have us hooked and anxious to watch the next episode. If you and your spouse are looking for some good drama shows on Netflix or even some romantic shows on Netflix, you have come to the right place for your next show to watch.
Top 10 Netflix Series
As part of our top 10 Netflix series, we have collected our top 10 TV dramas on Netflix – all in one place. We wanted to find the best of the best drama TV shows on Netflix. So we went to the people for answers. We asked our readers for the best TV dramas on Netflix that they love to watch with their sweetie. The results came flooding in. We certainly have a lot of people who are passionate about their dramatic (and often romantic) shows on Netflix! Who wouldn’t love to hold their spouse close as you watch the plot thicken and then unfold? The emotions, the drama – it makes for a great date night together!
The Best TV Dramas on Netflix
If the deeply dramatic is your mood tonight – check out our favorite drama series list. Start adding your favorites to your watchlist for future date nights with your sweetie!
- The Vampire Diaries – Based off of L.J. Smith’s book series, this People’s Choice Award recipient follows the comings, going, and supernatural events of fictional Mystic Falls, VA.
- Switched At Birth – Switched at birth, teenagers Bay and Daphne must now reconcile their lives in light of their true identities.
- Grey’s Anatomy – A true medical drama in every sense of the word, this drama series will introduce you to the lesser-known side of the medical world.
- Mad Men – Set in 1960’s New York City, this period drama takes you through the kin’s and out’s and the scandals of the life of Ad Man Don Draper.
- Parenthood – Follow the Braverman family through this six-season series as they experience the highs, lows and everything in between of family life.
- Breaking Bad – Heralded as one of the best series of all time, this darker drama follows chemistry teacher Walter White as he begins a life of crime producing and selling crystal meth.
- Call the Midwife – This drama series is a moving, funny, colorful look at the midwifery and family in the 1950s East End London.
- The Crown – This drama follows the political rivalries and romance of Queen Elizabeth II’s reign and the events that shaped the second half of the 20th century. One of the best TV drama on Netflix.
- Heart of Dixie – Fast-talking city girl Zoey Hart winds up patching up the locals of a tiny town in the Deep South when she inherits a medical practice in Alabama.
- Heartland – Spunky teenager, Amy is reeling from the sudden death of her mother when she and her grandfather and threatened the loss of their horse ranch.
Other Good Drama Shows on Netflix
While the above shows are our readers choice for best TV dramas on Netflix, we have a few more that deserve a little consideration. Here are a few more shows that you might want to look into if you are in a dramatic mood!
- Life Unexpected – After years of foster care, teenager Lux tracks down her real parents to authorize her emancipation. But she lands in their joint custody.
Make the Best Drama Series on Netflix a TRUE Date Night
The difference between just watching a show with your spouse and turning a night of Netflix into a solid date night activity – is just a little bit of effort. With just a few minor changes, you can have a memorable date night. For example, adding special treats, adjusting the lighting or even planning a few simple activities can make a big difference. But no worries – we have done the major work for you. We have some fun date night ideas for you! You can easily print these out and do while you watch you binge-watch your favorite TV Dramas on Netflix.
- Netflix Date Night – This date night idea includes unique tasks and challenges for you to do throughout the show.
- Drama Movie Date Night – is a whole drama-themed kit that includes an invitation, activity and even an idea to add some drama to your night of intimacy. Ooo la la.
More Netflix Binge-Worthy Shows
Had enough of the dramatic and romantic shows on Netflix? If you are in a different mood then we have four other collections of fabulous shows. These are other popular genres on Netflix right now. Choose your mood and check out our favorite: Choose your mood and check out our favorite: