‘Tied to You’ Valentine Surprise
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and you know what that means: showering your sweetie with all sorts of love! But between work, running the house, kids, and other responsibilities, it can be hard coming up with fresh ways to do that. That’s why we’ve created this Valentine surprise idea that’s fast, easy, and SO much fun. No more asking what to do on Valentine’s Day for your sweetie or spending hours picking out cute Valentine’s Day gifts because we’ve got you covered! Ready to take a look? Keep reading!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. To learn more about ’em, click here.
But before we jump into what this ‘Tied to You’ Valentine surprise is all about, we have to give a huge shout out to our own Diva Designer, Elizabeth! She helped put the ‘cute’ in cute Valentine’s Day gifts and really made our Valentine surprise a success!
Valentine Surprise Printable Contents
Before we get into the how-to’s of these fun Valentine’s Day ideas, take a peek at what’s included below.
- Surprise Note: Start your Valentine surprise off with a ‘string’ themed hunt and this darling note!
- Valentine Surprise Bag Covers: Use these printable bag covers to turn ordinary brown paper lunch bags into darling holders for some simple and cute Valentine’s Day gifts.
- Paper Bag Gift Tags: A play on everyone’s classic musical, these ‘tied up with string’ gift tags add the perfect touch to your Valentine surprise bags, and will help your sweetie know just how ‘Tied to You’ they are!
Now that you’ve gotten a little peek at what’s included in your Valentine surprise, it’s time to put it all to work! The idea behind this gift is that you are forever ‘tied’ to your spouse. So cute, right?! That’s why we’ve focused strongly on the ‘string’ aspect with the main activity i.e. the string hunt! That bundle of fun will help lead your sweetheart to their “brown paper packages, tied up with string” which will contain some super sweet and simple gifts for them to enjoy. Plus, as mentioned above, we’ve even included a snazzy Valentine surprise note to really get the ball rolling. Keep reading to learn how to assemble each of those elements and put them to good use!
Valentine Surprise String Hunt
So what better way to start things off than with a string hunt?! Simply wind string or baker’s twine throughout your home—the crazier the better! Thread it through your banister, chair rails, anywhere you can think of… until you’ve created a super crazy obstacle course of sorts for your spouse to follow. Affix the surprise note at the beginning of the string so they know exactly what to do—follow it!
Assembling Your Valentine Surprise Bags
At the end of the string maze, you’ll want to place the three brown paper packages (tied up with string!). Keep reading below for some super easy assembly instructions.
- Brown Paper Lunch Bags
- String or Baker’s Twine
- We always recommend printing on cardstock and this time is no different! Print, cut, and affix each of the bag covers to their own individual lunch bags. Nothing fancy needed here, ordinary brown paper lunch bags will do the trick!
- Each bag cover has a coordinating gift tag. Affix those tags to each of the bags using string or baker’s twine.
- Fill your surprise bags with the cute Valentine’s Day gifts or treats of your choosing. Candy, small articles of clothing (something like socks or lingerie) or fragrances make for some great Valentine’s Day ideas that will fit perfectly!
- Arrange the bags at the end of the hunt, lining them up so their tags read: “Brown paper packages, tied up with string. Here are a few of your favorite things!”
- Wait for your sweetheart to complete their Valentine surprise hunt, find their treasures and enjoy!
What did we tell you?! Show just how ‘tied’ to your spouse you are with this Valentine surprise they’ll LOVE.
See More Comments