August 28, 2012

Mall Dare Date

Laughing with my husband is pretty much my favorite thing ever.  There’s just something about laughing together that really helps us reconnect.  Like marriage educator, Claudia Arp, says,

“We’ve never met a couple on their way to divorce court

who were having much fun together.”

It’s easy to get into a rut of just redboxing or netflixing a movie for date night- every date night.  And while that can be a cheap and easy way to relax, it’s not always a great way to reconnect.  At the end of the date I’ve usually just fallen asleep, and we haven’t even TALKED to each other.  So here’s a fun date night alternative that will have you cracking up in no time.   (And don’t worry- it’s still totally cheap and easy!  Promise.  Just stick a printable in your purse and go.)

The Idea

When I was in high school, my friends and I use to love to play Mall Dare.  Anyone else?  We’d write up funny dares on slips of paper and then head to the mall.  Then we took turns picking out a slip of paper and completing the (totally embarrassing) dare that was written on it.  So many inside jokes and memories were born playing Mall Dare.  In fact, my husband heard so many “Mall Dare stories” from me that he decided to plan this date night version of the game.

When I first heard his idea, I was a little apprehensive.  After all, Mall Dare is one thing when you’re a silly teenager, but it’s a whole different ball game when you’re a grown woman and mother of 3.  Right?  Wrong!  I decided to be a good sport and play along (my husband can charm me into doing anything), and we seriously had SO much fun!!  By the end of the night we were laughing ourselves silly.  Something about acting like a kid again totally reminded me of when we first started dating.

Wanna try it out for yourself?  A quick, easy, free, hilarious date night!

You know you want to.

The Date

1.  Download your free, printable Mall Dare Score Card below.

2.  Before the game, wager what the loser has to give the winner.  (Write it on your card)

3.  Head to the mall.

4.  Take turns picking and completing a dare & recording your score.

5.  Laugh like crazy.

We’ve already written out a list of dares and their point values for you.  (The more embarrassing the dare, the more points it’s worth.  So asking for change for a nickel will only get you 2 points, but your best, public marriage proposal will earn you 8 points.)  Not feeling very adventurous or brave?  Don’t worry, we’ve included a blank score card so you can make the dares as tame or as wild as you want.  This would also be a perfect group date.  So go get out and get laughing again.

Mall Dare Date Night

Don’t forget to DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE MALL DARE SCORE CARD HERE!

Looking for some more fun at the mall?  Then you gotta check out Kiirsten’s Amazing Race Group Date.  And if laughing together is pretty much your favorite thing too- then you don’t want to miss Tara’s Funky Town Date.  Or Erika’s Couples Minute to Win It.

Seriously, they’re WAY too much fun.

Enjoy!

29 Responses to “Mall Dare Date ”

1. Michelle Michelle says:

Love, love, love it! For the past year or so I’ve been trying to think of ways to do this as a group date. I couldn’t come up with solid rules that would make the game fun. Thank you for figuring it all out for me! I’m stealing this for a winter group night! Thanks girl! xox <3

2. Erika Erika says:

Funny! I’ve never done this before.

3. Mel says:

This is a great idea, but my husband would never do this. :( I might try this for a Girl’s Night Out!

• Becca Becca says:

Oh, I think it would work GREAT for a Girl’s Night Out! :) Or maybe you could convince your hubby to try it with the blank score card if HE came up with the dares. That way he can come up with ideas more in his comfort-zone. Especially if you wagered something REALLY good for the winner. ;) Good luck!

4. Christal says:

So fun Love it!! BUT even more I love your bag where is it from?? great post!

5. Lauren says:

Thanks for this! My husband and I live in a small town so when we go out of town, I like to hit up the mall but he hates shopping. It’s also hard to find things that we can do that don’t require planning ahead (like a play or something). We’re going out of town this weekend so i’m going to see if he’ll want to do this! It sounds like a lot of fun. He’s also really hard to embarrass and i’m easy, so he’d have fun with the proposal one.

6. Becca says:

Hey there! I LOVE this idea! I definately want to use this idea, but for some reason I am having trouble with downloading the file :( could I have another link or maybe just a run down of what is on the card? Thanks! So sorry to bother you!

No way! These are hilarious! As much of an extrovert that I am… I can’t handle getting embarrassed… especially in public! lol I could probably do most of the ideas, but would totally blush doing others. We have a few malls in town…. hmmmm…..

8. karen says:

I do not think I am brave enough to do this without some liquid courage! Either that or a really loud friend!

9. Alyssa says:

This is the most awesome thing ever! We are going to do this ASAP! Hahaha! Thank you!

10. Melissa says:

I tried to open the file and it says “insufficient data for an image”?

11. I just about died laughing reading these. I cannot even imagine having the guts to actually do some of these. HILLARIOUS! What a great way to have fun! LOVE IT!

• Becca Becca says:

It really was hilarious!!! My husband totally won because I was choosing the least embarrassing ones- but we had a ball! If you get the guts- let us know how it goes. ;)

12. Brittany says:

Omg I HAVE to try this with my hubby!!! I laughed so hard reading the score card!!! Definitely downloading and printing ASAP! Thank you :)

13. Shary says:

Oh man! I used to do some of this stuff as a teenager. Hahaha!

14. Heidi says:

I thought this was absolutely hilarious!!! Here are some ideas to add to the card:

- (If you decide to prep ahead of time) Make vanilla pudding & put it in a mayo jar, eating it in public.
    - Around the malls here, most of the time, you see people running. If so, slow down while driving, and play Eye Of the Tiger for them. haha!
    - Go to the opposite sex’s side in a clothing store, pick out clothing in that section, and ask the clerk if you can try them on! Act like your trying them on in the dressing room, then come out saying, “I guess it wasn’t in my size.”
    - If you have a Burger King in your mall, order something from a competitor’s menu, like a McDouble from McDonald’s or a burrito.

I’ll def print these out!!!

1. [...] and I laughed over this one. Date night or not, you need to read about this Mall Dare at the Dating Divas. My favorite one? Find a baby shoe and ask if it comes in your size. Too [...]