Fresh, Easy Dinner Ideas for the Summer
When summer rolls around, everyone’s schedules fill up with family vacations and fun play-dates. So, to make your summertime routines just a little bit more simple, the Divas have gathered up our all-time FAVORITE recipes for summer, and a few that we just can’t wait to try, and we put them all in one place just for you! These summer supper recipes are perfect for those hot nights when you need to throw together a simple meal without putting too much thought into your dinner, but still want something that everyone will love.
- No Heat Summer Suppers
- Last Minute Summer Suppers
- Farmers Market Summer Suppers
- Grill Summer Suppers
- One Pot Summer Suppers
No Heat Summer Suppers
A yummy collection of recipes that require no stove top, oven, grill or crockpot to keep you and your kitchen cool!
1. Asian Kale Salad – Forget spinach – kale is the such a great, healthy, leafy green! Don’t you just love the twist of turning making this salad Asian-inspired?!
2. Buffalo Chickpea Pinwheels – With a hint of spicy, this is one vegetarian recipe that even meat-lovers will love!
3. Copycat Superfood Salad – Easy, healthy, and so good! Diva Cat
4. Crab Stuffed Avocado– Stuffing an avocado with crab is basically the only way I can get my husband to consider this a meal, but it really is delicious!
5. Greek Salad – This literally is the BEST salad I’ve ever eaten. The vinaigrette is so easy but really takes it to the next level. Diva Heather
6. Open Faced Mediterranean Pita – I love the addition of pesto to this Mediterranean-inspired pita!
7. Pesto, Tomato and Mozzarella Sandwich– Pesto embodies everything about summer for me! Skip toasting the rolls and you’ve got a no heat dinner! Diva Jenny
8. Smoothie Bowls – Turn smoothies into a meal by loading them with toppings!
9. Southwestern Chopped Salad – This includes my favorite dressing of all time. I could eat it on absolutely anything!
10. Spicy California Shrimp Stack – Sushi at home has never been easier! These will be gone faster than you can make them. Here’s a tip to make them completely heat-free: use leftover rice, especially if you got Chinese take-out earlier in the week! Diva Jenny
11. Tuna Ceviche Salad – Throw this tuna salad on top of a bed of greens and you’ll have a totally complete meal that’s perfect for summer!
12. Veggie Pizza Bites – Turn your kids to veggie lovers by loading up a no bake pizza!
13. Chickpea and Avocado Salad Sandwich – The fresh summer flavors are perfect for a quick meal to throw together. Diva Meg
14. Summer Berry Chicken Salad – Loaded with fresh fruit, skip the chicken or use leftovers to make a no heat version!
15. Summer Rolls – You’ll have everyone drooling over these bright and colorful vegetable rolls.
16. Cobb Salad Sandwich – A sandwich with all of the works! I totally cheat and use bacon bits, but it’s still absolutely amazing!
17. Tangy Veggie Wrap – Perfect for a summer picnic date. Definitely an upgrade from PB&J, and so much healthier. Diva Becca
18. Thai Cashew Chopped Salad – So, I made this when I knew my hubby would be gone because he isn’t much into “girly salads.” But, believe me, I ate this up on my own. It’s so colorful, and pretty too. Diva Heather
19. Strawberry Spring Salad – Darn this yummy salad is no longer available 🙁
20. Cheese and Cracker Plates – It may seem like just an appetizer, but lots of fancy extras, and it’s a fun, little meal to snack on. You can make all kinds of cracker combinations!
Last Minute Summer Suppers
21. Asparagus Penne Pasta – This is amazing with asparagus, but we’ve done it with all kinds of green veggies – broccoli, snow peas; the possibilities are endless, and it is SO simple! Diva Meg
22. Baked Chicken Taquitos – Super easy dinner – also great for a party! Diva Heather
23. Barbecue Chicken Salad – Super yummy, healthy, and fast! My husband doesn’t usually ask for salads – but he often requests this one! Diva Gabby
24. Cheesesteak Sandwiches – Quick, easy, and good every time! Diva Cat
25. Cherry Tomato and Basil Pasta – I’m telling you, this is the easiest thing to make, and it only takes 20 minutes, AND it’s delish. Diva Heather
26. Chicken Parmesan Casserole – All you need is 4 ingredients and 1 pan. Plus, it’s a great freezer meal if you want to make two and save one for later. Diva Becca
27. Creamy Avocado Linguine – A delicious and creamy avocado pasta that you can have prepped and ready on the table in 15 minutes! Diva Carisa
28. Easy BBQ Chicken Bake – Super simple dump and bake meal. Diva Niki
29. Fruity Curry Chicken Salad – Serve this yummy salad over a flaky croissant and it will melt in your mouth. Diva Amanda
30. Honey Balsamic Chicken Salad – A delicious summer salad packed with flavor and lots of colorful fruits and veggies! The perfect combination of sweet, crunchy and healthy flavor!! Diva Carisa
31. Hot and Healthy Quinoa Wraps – This is my favorite meal! It’s quick, easy and flavorful. The leftovers store well which make perfect future easy meals! Check and check! Diva Carisa
32. Hummus Crusted Chicken – One dish and a full meal? Count me in. It’s such a simple meal that I don’t even have to use the recipe anymore! Diva Meg
33. Spinach and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta – I love this recipe! Sometimes I add a can of artichoke hearts and chicken! Yummy. Diva Amanda
34. Turkey Avocado BLT Croissant – Yummy twist on a traditional BLT. Diva Niki
35. Easy Fajita Chicken Bake – This recipe is perfect for a busy week night! It only takes a few ingredients and a couple of steps and you’re done! Diva Becca
36. Chicken Pesto Pasta – This simple and delicious Chicken Pesto Pasta that will make your taste-buds giddy! Diva Carisa
37. Baked Ravioli – It’s so simple; only 3 ingredients! Or, you could cook up some Italian sausage and layer that in there as well! Diva Jessica
38. Pizza Casserole – Super easy and so delicious! Just add whatever pizza toppings that you love and you’ll be good to go! Diva Jessica
39. Spinach Artichoke Chicken – If you love spinach artichoke dip then this quick and easy meal is sure to hit the spot!
40. Tilapia Tacos with Mango Salsa – Fish tacos with a fresh, summery topping!
Farmers Market Summer Suppers
41. Asian Roll Lettuce Wraps – Fresh veggies and meatball made of turkey or beef! These can be cooked inside or on the grill. Diva Amanda
42. Black Bean and Mango Quesadillas – I love this mango salsa – so yummy with fresh mangoes, peppers, and cilantro! Throwing it on some quick black bean quesadillas makes the perfect summer dinner! Diva Gabby
43. Coconut Chicken Salad – We eat this all the time. The chicken alone is tasty, but when you add the fresh veggies, it’s like heaven in your mouth! Diva Jenny
44. Summer Skillet Gnocchi – Because this has yummy grilled corn in it… it is PERFECT for summer! Diva Heather
45. Lemon Chicken and Zucchini Pasta – Our favorite quick and easy dinner idea for summer time. We love the grilled chicken, tangy lemon, and fresh zucchini from the garden. Diva Carisa
46. Lentil Tacos – So easy, fast, and light. Fill each taco with tons for fresh veggies from the farmers market: lettuce, peppers, avocados, and tomatoes! Diva Amanda
47. Chicken Banh Mi – You’ll love the quick, pickled veggies loaded onto this sandwich!
48. Skilled Basil-Peach Chicken – Fresh, summer peaches are my absolute favorite! Diva Meg
49. Summer Pizza – So, I realize this may not be for everyone. BUT, the stuff on this pizza you can get directly from a Farmers Market, and it goes so well together. Diva Heather
50. Grilled Chicken and Strawberry Salad Wrap – So bright, so delicious, and so flavorful! Yum! Diva Jenny
51. Summer Vegetables with Sausage – Also a one pot wonder – you can totally modify this to throw in whatever summer veggies your family loves!
52. Summer Veggie Pasta – The perfect pasta dish for all of those fresh summer veggies. Diva Becca
53. Zoodles and Meatballs – Zucchini grows with reckless abandon all summer in my garden, this is my favorite way to use them up! Diva Meg
54. Peach Basil Chicken Salad Spring Rolls – Perfect summer meal. Light and flavorful spring rolls filled with a peach and basil chicken salad. Diva Cat
55. Rainbow Tomato Pizza – Have you ever tried grilling a pizza? You won’t want it any other way once you have!
56. Greek Yogurt Chicken – Use fresh, summer cucumbers to create this simple chicken dish.
57. Bulgogi Ground Beef Bowls – You can definitely get a few healthy servings of veggies in your diet with this twist on Bulgogi!
58. Rainbow Power Salad – Add the “Magic Green Sauce” to all kinds of other salads!
59. Heirloom Tomato and Fontina Grilled Cheese – As if this fancy grilled cheese wasn’t enough, the green bean and tomato salad is a family favorite, too! Diva Meg
60. Roasted Garlic Ratatouille – A great dish for all of those colorful vegetables! Diva Becca
Grilled Summer Suppers
61. Grilled Greek Pizza – One of our go-to’s! Fun for everybody to make, and the olive pesto is to die for. Diva Cat
62. Buffalo Turkey Cheeseburgers – These are the burgers I turn to time after time. They’re amazing if you follow the recipe exactly (that blue cheese broccoli slaw is incredible) – BUT, I use the same recipe anytime we want burgers. Diva Meg
63. Caprese Grilled Chicken – It’s like having bruschetta as your main course, plus it’s light and healthy. Diva Meg
64. Chipotle Honey Chicken Skewers – We like to marinate the meat overnight, then just throw it all on the grill at dinner time. Diva Becca
65. Cilantro Thai Skewers – I’m pretty sure my husband would eat these for dinner every night if I let him! Diva Meg
66. Greek Chicken Kebabs – These look amazing. I love Greek food and Tzatziki Sauce! Diva Gabby
67. Greek Style Chicken Tacos – Greek-Style Chicken Tacos are a unique, delicious and healthy chicken taco that are loaded with flavor. Diva Carisa
68. Grilled BBQ Chicken and Veggies – We love grilling with foil because it’s easier clean-up and less dishes! Diva Becca
69. Juicy Lucy Stuffed Cheeseburger – Drippy yummy stuffed cheese burger. We don’t make them a lot, but when we do, we’re really happy about it. Diva Amanda
70. Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken – Delicious Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken. This would be yummy on a salad as well! Diva Niki
71. Pesto Chicken and Tomato Kebabs – This is super easy, delicious, and healthy! Diva Jenny
72. Tex Mex Hot Dogs – Hot dogs are the classic summer grilling food – but, add a few toppings like this, and it’s a delicious spin on the classic!
73. Salmon Kebabs – Just a few ingredients and it’s a super flavorful (and healthy) dinner. We usually throw on a few kebabs with veggies at the same time. Diva Meg
74. Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple – This dish screams summer to me! The pineapple salsa is so yummy. Diva Heather
75. Stuffed Portobella Mushrooms – A great meat-free grilling option. Diva Amanda
76. Jalapeno Grilled Chicken – A hot-and-sweet main dish; perfect for late summer. Diva Cat
77. Shrimp Boil Kebabs – Seafood boils are really popular in the South, but throw the ingredients on a skewer and turn it into a simple summer supper!
78. Shrimp Fajitas – These are a great way to eat healthy fajitas at home. I’ve made them several times. Diva Jenny
79. Skinny Chicken Pesto – We always make this on the grill. It’s one of my favorite grilled meals! The kids devour it, too. Diva Jenny
80. Sweet Chili Salmon Skewers – Super easy and super flavorful. Diva Heather
One Pot Summer Suppers
81. Garlic Chicken, Zucchini and Corn – Corn and zucchini are pretty much the epitome of summer vegetables, so this one pan dish is perfect!
82. Shrimp Perloo – You’ve probably heard of shrimp and grits, but this lesser known, Southern dish deserves just as much fame.
83. Thai Green Curry Shrimp – An easy stir fry to throw together anytime.
84. Lox, Dill and Goat Cheese Omelette – Make an elegant breakfast for dinner.
85. Crunchy Black Bean Tacos – Crispy corn tortillas make these irresistible. Diva Meg
86. Quick Shells and Cheese – Everyone loves a creamy mac and cheese, and this one does not disappoint.
87. Baked Pork Tenderloin – Prep takes 10 minutes, then you just put the entire skillet in the oven! Diva “Scully”
88. Spicy Sausage Pasta – It’s so delicious; my husband kept asking for more! Diva Jessica
89. Confetti Rice and Bean Salad – You probably have most of these ingredients in your pantry right now, so it’s perfect to throw together in a jiff!
90. Halibut and Shellfish Soup – We love that it’s easy to substitute any seafood in this summery soup!
91. Chicken and Orzo – A simple and easy dish to prep in just one skillet, with basic ingredients, but huge flavor!
92. Salmon Burgers – The garlic aioli is the perfect touch on these healthy burgers.
93. White Turkey Chili – A lighter feeling chili is perfect for summer. Bonus: it makes a ton, and tastes even better the next day!
94. Korean Beef – Let this simmer in the slow-cooker all day and your house will smell amazing. When dinnertime rolls around, you won’t have to lift a finger… just lift the lid!
95. Roasted Red Pepper and Prosciutto Chicken – I can never seem to get these rolled up right, but even just folded in half and stuffed, they are to die for!
96. Crockpot Italian Chicken – The simplest dinner ever. Just throw it all in the slow-cooker and it cooks itself in time for dinner. Diva Becca
97. Caribbean Coconut Rice – Coconut is the ultimate in summer flavor! You could definitely make your own version by adding any seasonal vegetable!
98. Homemade Ramen – A simple, noodle soup that’s easy to customize to your family’s tastes. Just swap in your favorite summer veggies!
99. Steak, Beans and Tomatoes – Grab some fresh, summer tomatoes and this recipe will be a huge hit. With only a few ingredients, it somehow still manages to have a TON of flavor! Hint: We usually skip the roasted potatoes to make this a one pot meal! Diva Meg
100. Smoky Spice-Rubbed Salmon – We always just make this on the stove top and when the salmon is almost ready, we throw the black beans and corn – simplified to create less mess! We love the sweet-smoky flavor on the fish! Diva Meg
Now I’m sure you’re completely ready for those gorgeous summer nights! We’ve even got a bunch of ideas for how you can spend your summer outside the kitchen, like our 100 Summer Activities and 75 Water Activities!