101 Fun & Creative Halloween Costume Ideas
That spooky time of year is back, and that means that it is time to start searching for that epic Halloween costume! Well, look no further because we have rounded up over 100 of the most exciting Halloween costumes out there! Halloween lovers, we give you…
We’ve come up with a healthy mix of costumes that are sure to make your Halloween spooktacular! And better yet, many of these ideas are totally something you can do yourself! That’s right! DIY! Just in case you don’t want to do a costume yourself this year, though, we’ve included a ton of affiliate links to ready-made, done-for-you costume options that you can grab online! You’re welcome. 🙂
We’ve organized the costumes into categories, which include:
- 25 Fantastic Costumes for Couples
- 10 Creative Costumes for Pregnancy
- 20 Cute Costumes for Baby
- 25 Fun Costumes for Kids
- 15 Group Costumes for Families
- 6 Darling Costume for Dogs
We’ve got all the bases covered! Lets begin with…
Halloween Couples Costume Ideas
We know you are going to be going on a Halloween date this season, so here are plenty of couples costume ideas for you and your BOO!
2. Old Spice Guy & Soap Scrub – Sexy and clean. Enough said.
5. Puppet & Puppeteer – It’s all about the puppet makeup with this simple costume!
6. Scarecrow & Crow – This costume is an easy DIY. Now all you have to do is decide who will be the “scare” and who will be the crow!
7. Westley & Buttercup – “Aaaaaaaas you wiiiiish!” If you choose this costume, do watch out for those R.O.U.S.’s!
8. Dumb & Dumber – This easy DIY costume is an absolute classic! Think of all the fun you will have quoting the movie all night long! If you want to go big or go home this year, grab the classic tux’s for Harry and Lloyd!
9. Beetlejuice & Lydia – What makes a DIY costume great is definitely the makeup & hair, so get out your green hair spray! You can get Beetlejuices’ regular get-up here, or you can grab some of those iconic masks from the film here and here.
10. Arnold & Helga – Cartoon characters are always an excellent route. Don’t forget to color in that unibrow!
18. Woody & Bo Peep – The most important detail of this costume is the snake in Woody’s boots.
22. Ninjas – All you need for this DIY costume is a few strips of fabric and black clothing. Done! Thanks to one of our lovely Divas for letting us use her photo!
Maternity Halloween Costume Ideas
It’s not every year you get to sport the bump! Make it memorable with one of these darling costumes!
1. Pumpkin Farmer – Overalls, braids, and a big round belly!
2. Witch’s Cauldron – Who doesn’t want to wear a tutu!?
3. Trick-or-Treat Baby – Okay guys… this is a little creepy… and awesome!
4. Thing 1 & Thing 2 – Need a quick last minute costume? Dr. Seuss never fails!
5. Miley Cyrus Wrecking Ball – Or should we say Barbie Cyrus?!
6. Ninja Turtle– Especially darling DIY if you are having a boy!
8. Disco Ball – The party doesn’t start until someone shows up as a Disco Ball.
9. Angry Bird – Get them pigs!
10. Mummy Mommy – The perfect mummy costume for mommy!
>>You can see some other ready-made costume ideas here!
Halloween Costume Ideas for Babies
There is nothing cuter than a baby in costume! Here are 20 of the best!
2. Baby Carrot – Perfect for your newborn that wants to be nice and cozy!
4. Baby Dobby – This works especially well if your baby is a little mischievous.
6. Tony the Tiger – This costume is GRRRREAT for a chilly evening of trick-or-treating!
7. Circus Animal Cookie – Keep a close eye on that baby, so no one eats her up!
9. Ventriloquist & Dummy – This costume looks so real!
11. Struck by Lightning – NO babies were hurt in the making of this costume!
12. Strong Man – Daddy’s tough guy! But really, that mustache! LOVE!
18. Carl from Up – Babies as old men. So. Stinkin’. Cute!
19. Popcorn & Vendor – Keep that baby close, and have a snack too!
20. Mommy’s Little Mummy – Simple, easy, DIY. Love it, love it, love it!
Kids Halloween Costume Ideas
These costumes are sure to be part of your kid’s childhood memories for years to come!
1. Paper Doll – Anyone can pull off this cute DIY costume! Your kid will love decorating the dress, too!
3. Detective – Cloak. Hat. Magnifying glass. DONE!
5. Cindy Lou Who – All about that darling hair!
6. Pig in a Blanket – Nose. Ears. Blanket. Pink. DONE!
11. Boo – This little cutie from Monster’s Inc. will melt your heart!
12. Lego Man – A cardboard box never looked so good!
13. Morton Salt Girl – Darling! Yellow dress. Umbrella. Salt. DONE!
14. Peter Pan’s Shadow – This is such a fun idea! Using a black morph suit (Amazon has all sizes!), you can totally cover your body (and still be able to see!). Someone with twins needs to do this with a Peter Pan costume together!
16. Cupcake – To satisfy your sweet tooth! Don’t forget the cherry on top!
17. Butterfly – Your little monarch will have a great time flapping their wings in this cute Halloween costume! This particular one is a DIY, but to simplify a little, you can grab a ready-made one here.
18. Snail – This is a totally unique and adorable costume! And completely DIY!
20. Robot – This would be such a fun project with your child! They will love being creative with objects you find around the house. You also can get this cute retro robot costume done-for-you, right here!
21. Kip & Napoleon – These kids are so dang cute! And, you should be able to find most of those clothes around the house!
23. Skeleton – Black clothes and tape. Yup, that’s all it takes!
Family Halloween Costume Ideas
The family that dresses up together, stays together!
1. The Wizard of Oz Characters – Lots of fun characters to choose from! Just follow that yellow brick road!
4. Pac Man & Ghosts – Cardboard. Paint. Chomp, chomp, chomp!
5. Tetris Pieces – Your family fits together perfectly in this awesome DIY costume!
8. S’mores – Even the wagon gets a costume in this darling DIY!
9. Pirate Shipmates – Arrrgh, matey! Eye patches and bandanas. Totally authentic!
11. Cavemen – You don’t even have to brush your hair as part of this cute caveman family (scroll down a bit in the link for the pictures)! You can grab a caveman costume here, a cave woman costume here, and one for the kiddos here!
12. Super Heroes – No shirt, and underwear outside of their pants. Your kids will be thrilled! (scroll down a bit in the link for the pictures)
15. Care Bears – So many cute bears to choose from! Easy, too!
Halloween Costume Ideas for Dogs
Whether you have a dog or not, these costumes are sure to put a smile on your face!
2. Chia Pet – Ch-ch-ch-chia! So easy and so, so cute!
5. Harry Pupper – Hairy is right! This little pup is looking like he’s ready to defeat Voldemort!
Yippee! Looks like you are all set for a fun, festive, and exciting Halloween!
Not enough for you!? Well check out our original post: 101 Creative Halloween Costume Ideas.
Also check out our 50 FUN Halloween Foods. YUM!
AND if you’re looking for some fun Halloween Party Ideas… look no further! Introducing…
Our NEW Whodunit Mystery Detective Game!
Here are all of the amazing resources available in this kit:
- Host’s Guide – to make party planning a breeze
- Invitations – includes both a paper and a digital version!
- Name Tags – to identify each unique character
- Character Role Cards – gives your guests a character background
- Suspect, Location and Weapon Cards – to determine the crime committed
- Room Labels – for the designated suspect areas
- Detective Clue Sheets – To assist the detectives in solving the crime
- Character Introduction Cards – for introductions at the party
- Host Check List – to keep track of your party preparations
- Guest List – to organize your guests and assign characters
- Top Secret Envelope Labels – where the suspect’s clues will be revealed
AND if you loved this, you HAVE to try our Murder Mystery Kit!
This 80 Page Murder Mystery Party Kit includes:
- Hosting Ideas & Suggestions to make party planning a breeze.
- Invitations personalized for each character with costume ideas!
- Character Biographies to set the stage and story.
- Name Tags to identify each unique character.
- Table Cards & Food Tents to use if playing over dinner.
- Task Cards for the characters to complete in each round.
- Evidence Pieces to add intrigue and suspense!
- Voting Ballots and Awards to vote for your favorite characters & suspects.
- and much MORE!